How is Scott taking advantage of Emma Frost ?

#1 Posted by time (4913 posts) - - Show Bio

In X-Men Regenesis, Emma said to Cyclops, that he was taking advantage of her. I just want to know how is he taking advantage of her or is just rubbish writing from marvel ? Do any of you agree with Emma and think Scott taking advantage of her. I would be greatfull for your views.

#2 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

She said that? Sigh, I can't believe I almost thought about getting back into Marvel.  

Is it an overreaction to commit suicide because of terrible comic writing? It seems appropriate.  

Thanks for the heads up, time. 

#3 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@time:

By not blasting Namor into oblivion every time fishboy flirts with her...oh wait...

Seriously though, I thought she was being sarcastic. Still Warren needs to come back, Emma seems only really there because she put all her money into it.

#4 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd have to re-read the issue but I thought the context was more along the lines of "I don't want you to just assume that you have my support. I don't want to be taken for granted as a member of this organization."

#5 Edited by God_Spawn (37374 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

She said that? Sigh, I can't believe I almost thought about getting back into Marvel. Is it an overreaction to commit suicide because of terrible comic writing? It seems appropriate. Thanks for the heads up, time.

No she didn't say that exactly. Gillen wrote a good scene between the two capturing the characters well. I'm assuming that what she meant is she doesn't want to be treated just like another soldier to Scott and that she will be there just because they are dating. She wants to be treated as an equal and wants to do what she loves since she has sacrificed a lot for him personally. It's as if Gillen was almost pointing out that Emma would be better off without Scott than Scott would be without her. He let Scott shed some of that hardened exterior and showed Emma to be a strong woman again like she is supposed to be. Honestly she could have called the relationship quits there and go with Logan to teach or go with Namor but still be on the same team, but she loves Scott, she didn't go and teach with Logan despite the chance, she liquidated her company to pay for Utopia, she's doing all this to keep his dream alive and what has Scott done? He's been so focused on one goal and Emma doesn't want to be just there, she wants to be important and she knows she should be and Scott finally showed something back for what seems to be a long time in which he hasn't. Even in the spoilers for UXM 1 or 2 G-man posted a few weeks since I don't own the comic yet I can't say for sure, Scott showed concern for Emma when she was getting blasted, the guy yelled out for her but she of course was fine and told him to calm down since diamond form is fast azz transformation. I have faith in Gillen for what he will do with Emma and Scott and the rest of the characters, except Namor he can die.

Scott: "Storm said yes. I need her to be my field second. She's led the X-Men before, people will follow her. Are you okay with that?"

Emma: "You presume I'm going to be here. Scott, I love children. I'm a teacher. I long to rock that blessed world-ruling cradle. I've sacrificed so much of what I love to be here with you."

S: "We teach here..."

E: "A little. But we mainly train. The difference is of paramount importance. And most of all, I don't like being taken for granted."

S: "Emma, I'm so sorry. I wanted you to look after the recruits. Apart from what to do when a Nimrod shows up, I haven't a clue what the kids should know. That's you. No one's better than you at that. And Emma...I can't do this without you. I can't even imagine doing it without you."

E: "You'll have to if you carry on with such unconscionable wetness. Please, cease your groveling. It's undignified."

S: "You'll stay?"

E: With Warren away, Utopia needs funding. My corporation isn't quite enough to swallow the running costs of Utopia. I set my army of accountants to task. They believed by dissolving my corporate holdings, I should be able to bankroll your little endeavor for the foreseeable future. I did consider cutting my stylists's budget instead... But you understand, some sacrifices are simply unthinkable. I did it yesterday. This better be worth it, Summers."

S: "Emma, you're an incredible woman."

E: "That I am. Though I will be wincing every time someone decides it's a good time to crash one of the Blackbirds. So...the sides have chosen themselves. What now? After, of course, the first of the many back-rubs you owe me."

#6 Posted by Halle Romanova (500 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

I'd have to re-read the issue but I thought the context was more along the lines of "I don't want you to just assume that you have my support. I don't want to be taken for granted as a member of this organization."

This is exactly what happened.

@god_spawn said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

She said that? Sigh, I can't believe I almost thought about getting back into Marvel. Is it an overreaction to commit suicide because of terrible comic writing? It seems appropriate. Thanks for the heads up, time.

No she didn't say that exactly. Gillen wrote a good scene between the two capturing the characters well. I'm assuming that what she meant is she doesn't want to be treated just like another soldier to Scott and that she will be there just because they are dating. She wants to be treated as an equal and wants to do what she loves since she has sacrificed a lot for him personally. It's as if Gillen was almost pointing out that Emma would be better off without Scott than Scott would be without her. He let Scott shed some of that hardened exterior and showed Emma to be a strong woman again like she is supposed to be. Honestly she could have called the relationship quits there and go with Logan to teach or go with Namor but still be on the same team, but she loves Scott, she didn't go and teach with Logan despite the chance, she liquidated her company to pay for Utopia, she's doing all this to keep his dream alive and what has Scott done? He's been so focused on one goal and Emma doesn't want to be just there, she wants to be important and she knows she should be and Scott finally showed something back for what seems to be a long time in which he hasn't. Even in the spoilers for UXM 1 or 2 G-man posted a few weeks since I don't own the comic yet I can't say for sure, Scott showed concern for Emma when she was getting blasted, the guy yelled out for her but she of course was fine and told him to calm down since diamond form is fast azz transformation. I have faith in Gillen for what he will do with Emma and Scott and the rest of the characters, except Namor he can die.

Scott: "Storm said yes. I need her to be my field second. She's led the X-Men before, people will follow her. Are you okay with that?"

Emma: "You presume I'm going to be here. Scott, I love children. I'm a teacher. I long to rock that blessed world-ruling cradle. I've sacrificed so much of what I love to be here with you."

S: "We teach here..."

E: "A little. But we mainly train. The difference is of paramount importance. And most of all, I don't like being taken for granted."

S: "Emma, I'm so sorry. I wanted you to look after the recruits. Apart from what to do when a Nimrod shows up, I haven't a clue what the kids should know. That's you. No one's better than you at that. And Emma...I can't do this without you. I can't even imagine doing it without you."

E: "You'll have to if you carry on with such unconscionable wetness. Please, cease your groveling. It's undignified."

S: "You'll stay?"

E: With Warren away, Utopia needs funding. My corporation isn't quite enough to swallow the running costs of Utopia. I set my army of accountants to task. They believed by dissolving my corporate holdings, I should be able to bankroll your little endeavor for the foreseeable future. I did consider cutting my stylists's budget instead... But you understand, some sacrifices are simply unthinkable. I did it yesterday. This better be worth it, Summers."

S: "Emma, you're an incredible woman."

E: "That I am. Though I will be wincing every time someone decides it's a good time to crash one of the Blackbirds. So...the sides have chosen themselves. What now? After, of course, the first of the many back-rubs you owe me."

#7 Edited by time (4913 posts) - - Show Bio

No she says, she didn't like being taken for granted. which kind of the same thing. Granted/ advantage, it has the same intention of using someone for something. To be honest I think it's a load of rubbish, bad writing. Emma choose to stick by Scott side, even when she found out about the X-Force, she stay with him. Emma Frost is not so perect either, siding with Norman Osborn in utopia, trying to get rid of Sebastion Shaw in space, without Scott knowing and then spending a lot time with Namor. If anything, she just as bad as Scott summers. They really do have important issues to sort out. I will be suprise if they stay together for that much longer.

#8 Posted by ApatheticAvenger (1636 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

No she says, she didn't like being taken for granted. which kind of the same thing. Granted/ advantage, it has the same intention of using someone for something. To be honest I think it's a load of rubbish, bad writing. Emma choose to stick by Scott side, even when she found out about the X-Force, she stay with him. Emma Frost is not so perect either, siding with Norman Osborn in utopia, trying to get rid of Sebastion Shaw in space, without Scott knowing and then spending a lot time with Namor. If anything, she just as bad as Scott summers. They really do have important issues to sort out. I will be suprise if they stay together for that much longer.

Emma sided with Osborn as part of Cyclops' plan, she was acting as a double-agent.

#9 Edited by time (4913 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger said:

@time said:

Emma sided with Osborn as part of Cyclops' plan, she was acting as a double-agent.

yeah, but she hardly innocent and, not many of the other X-Men knew about it. What I find annoying, Both Scott and Emma, have made mistakes in there relationship, but somehow Scott, is made out be worse of the party, the bad guy. It's pretty lame.

#10 Posted by ApatheticAvenger (1636 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: I think most of them are very aware of how Emma is, seeing as how she's a reformed villain.

#11 Posted by Halle Romanova (500 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

siding with Norman Osborn in utopia,

Thank you for once again showing how little you actually know about the character.

#12 Edited by God_Spawn (37374 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

I don't want to sound mean or anything but do you understand the context of those statements you made?

She sided with Osborn as part of Scott's plan, she wanted Shaw dead but didn't kill him and just decided closure with the whole issue was the best option and just messed him up in the head and said you live your life and I'll live mine and considering it was such a personal issue I understand not telling Scott cause it was very important to her and her way of getting out of the past that haunts her. Spending time with Namor I guess counts as him flying into her room and she rejecting him and making a d*ck statement, then the other time taking advantage of her when she was messed up in the head and thought he was Scott.

#13 Posted by Dernman (14774 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyway Utopia is like a mini island country.   Utopia really needs to start having an economy to support itself.  
She will go broke funding it on her own.

#14 Posted by time (4913 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger said:

@time: I think most of them are very aware of how Emma is, seeing as how she's a reformed villain.

That's true, but Scott shouldn't always be made out to be the bad person. I look over the few things that Emma has done, since she been with the X-Men and some of them are pretty on uncall for, but the other seems take like a pinch of salt, including Scott Summers. She gets away with too much if you ask me..

#15 Posted by ApatheticAvenger (1636 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@time said:

I don't want to sound mean or anything but do you understand the context of those statements you made?

She sided with Osborn as part of Scott's plan, she wanted Shaw dead but didn't kill him and just decided closure with the whole issue was the best option and just messed him up in the head and said you live your life and I'll live mine and considering it was such a personal issue I understand not telling Scott cause it was very important to her and her way of getting out of the past that haunts her. Spending time with Namor I guess counts as him flying into her room and she rejecting him and making a d*ck statement, then the other time taking advantage of her when she was messed up in the head and thought he was Scott.

QFT

#16 Posted by luckydomino1 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: some strong leader scott is he had to beg people to stay

#17 Posted by jubilee042 (1353 posts) - - Show Bio

@Halle Romanova said:

#18 Posted by Ceddsong (44 posts) - - Show Bio

My post is likely somewhat unrelated but I am so relieved that Emma is getting back to who she really should be. Not Scott's trophy girlfriend but a strong, independent, and brilliant teacher. It's absolutely grand that Gillen is acknowledging Emma's desires and how much she sacrifices to remain with Scott; that her decision is motivated by how much she loves him though that doesn't mean she necessarily agrees with him always. Yes. Finally a writer who gets her. (That was referencing Matt Fraction)

#19 Posted by Mercy_ (92632 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ceddsong

My post is likely somewhat unrelated but I am so relieved that Emma is getting back to who she really should be. Not Scott's trophy girlfriend but a strong, independent, and brilliant teacher. It's absolutely grand that Gillen is acknowledging Emma's desires and how much she sacrifices to remain with Scott; that her decision is motivated by how much she loves him though that doesn't mean she necessarily agrees with him always. Yes. Finally a writer who gets her. (That was referencing Matt Fraction)

My feelings exactly.
#20 Posted by Shamelesslysupportinaznballers (553 posts) - - Show Bio

@luckydomino1 said:

@god_spawn: some strong leader scott is he had to beg people to stay

Or a good leader knowing when he's humbled and to ask for help. It's not like he is on his knees wiping people's feet with his tears.

Scott knows who and what he needs but also knows that there are some battles he just can't win and quite frankly doesn't need to win. See Beast & Logan. Smart enough to respect other's wishes even if he doesn't agree but at the same time he has a backup plan. I'm also sure if he really needed Beast & Logan, he'd get them but with his team of scientists & the other heavy hitters, why fight this fight right now?

#21 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27083 posts) - - Show Bio

Aren't the Marvel fans a little over the whole Cyclops/Emma/Jean relationship stuff?

Can they not just be happy lol

#22 Edited by Jake Fury (18167 posts) - - Show Bio

Happy comic fans, oh Mistress.....

#23 Posted by Aero_gt (840 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm... On one hand this is pushing me to not wanna read any further for the fear of having my heart crushed and in an irrational rage I just leave Marvel Comic and be full Dc instead of just mostly Dc, but on the other hand things like this pull me in and make me wanna read into it more. Emma does deserve better than what Scott is giving her yes, but Scott does have the fate of a mutant race to protect so there will be bumpy. Well, whatever happens will make me hate or love the characters and only time can tell._3_

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.