Good news for Emma Frost fans (or Power Girl fans)

Posted by RazzaTazz (9576 posts) - - Show Bio

Researchers in Germany have conducted a study which determined that staring at women's breasts is good for men's health and increases their life expectancy.  As one of the (female) researchers pointed out: "Just 10 minutes of staring at the charms of a well-endowed female is roughly equivalent to a 30 minute aerobic workout.   Sexual desire apparently gives way to better circulation which leads to better health."

Not sure if it applies to women's breasts in print or even drawings, but if you ever needed a reason to justify your X-Men of Justice Society purchases, this is it.  Us women will just have to be happy with the occasional panel of Thor of Nightwing, though no word on health benefits.  

#1 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4164 posts) - - Show Bio

What can't breasts do? :)

#2 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I remember hearing about it some time ago.

#3 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome

#4 Posted by RazzaTazz (9576 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24:  Report came out in December but it just came to my attention
#5 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Power Girl; truly a hero for the ages.

#6 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio
@RazzaTazz said:
"Researchers in Germany have conducted a study which determined that staring at women's breasts is good for men's health and increases their life expectancy.  As one of the (female) researchers pointed out: "Just 10 minutes of staring at the charms of a well-endowed female is roughly equivalent to a 30 minute aerobic workout.   Sexual desire apparently gives way to better circulation which leads to better health." Not sure if it applies to women's breasts in print or even drawings, but if you ever needed a reason to justify your X-Men of Justice Society purchases, this is it.  Us women will just have to be happy with the occasional panel of Thor of Nightwing, though no word on health benefits.   "

LOL. So now every dude has a reason to buy PG's solo book, right?
#7 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think so.  A "researcher" writing for the New England Journal of Medicine supposedly came out with the same conclusion over 10 years ago, only to have people find out later that the study was a complete hoax with absolutely no scientific basis whatsoever.  It is an intriguing idea, but frankly there are some times when you just have to bend to the will of common sense; and this is coming from one who appreciates the voluptuous female figure.
#8 Posted by RazzaTazz (9576 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedheadedAtrocitus: Well this was a real study from what I understand.  Just because something was discredited in the past doesnt mean that it cant be justified later.  
#9 Posted by TypingKira (3509 posts) - - Show Bio
@RazzaTazz: Well then it's good to know that my trouble in the Ladies' department won't go wasted on the obese nerds of America. Michelle Obama is always telling people to live healthier and all that. ;}
#10 Posted by TypingKira (3509 posts) - - Show Bio
@RazzaTazz said:
" Researchers in Germany have conducted a study which determined that staring at women's breasts is good for men's health and increases their life expectancy.  As one of the (female) researchers pointed out: "Just 10 minutes of staring at the charms of a well-endowed female is roughly equivalent to a 30 minute aerobic workout.   Sexual desire apparently gives way to better circulation which leads to better health." Not sure if it applies to women's breasts in print or even drawings, but if you ever needed a reason to justify your X-Men of Justice Society purchases, this is it.  Us women will just have to be happy with the occasional panel of Thor of Nightwing, though no word on health benefits.   "
And there are a lot of health benefits to staring at every panel of Thor and/or Nightwing!!!! When i make some up, I'll get back to you. 
#11 Posted by queenfrost_ (2499 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL

#12 Posted by SC (12905 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe that in some parts of Scandinavia, Thor's beard is carried around in a box, guarded by ten men who all know a secret form of Ancient Norse martial arts (known as head butting and aiming for the eyes, and punching in the ear) and those who open the box and touch the Thor beard experience its healing properties. Maybe if you touch the beardy Thor on panel...  

I am a fan of Galacta by the way... so... am I immortal now or something...  

Plus Emma does need to add more years to my life expectancy after her appearance in the Wolverine movie shortened my lifespan by a few years... 

#13 Posted by Billy Batson (57914 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:
" Awesome "
#14 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

...Really? 
#15 Edited by God_Spawn (37569 posts) - - Show Bio

Im pretty sure manswers did something like this already lol.
#16 Posted by Shadow_Thief (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

Erm...sorry, I got halfway through reading that before I got distracted by...something. What were we talking about, again? ;)

#17 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC: 
Lol
@RazzaTazz:
If they change the current Artist on PG because of this I'm going to kick DC's head in(DC Comics is actually a person made up of other people, like Voltron!)

X-men does need a new artist though, just finished curse of the mutants and the X-men Vs. Vampire issues made my eyes bleed.
#18 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12867 posts) - - Show Bio
@TypingKira:
.......you got a problem with obese nerds in america?
#19 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt: 
Manboobs + back boobs = DON'T WEAR SPANDEX AT A COMICCON WE CAN SEE YOU TOO
#20 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12867 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar:
lol dont hate me because im beautiful!!!!!!!!
#21 Posted by thehummingbird (3378 posts) - - Show Bio

Best research study I have ever heard XD would love to see the proposal of why they should do this research >.<

#22 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11263 posts) - - Show Bio

Using that at my next party!!! Thanks Germany!!

#23 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio

Great BLOG!
Green light for better health 
^_^

#24 Posted by KenTheProfile (412 posts) - - Show Bio

of course it does. There is not one guy who stared at a great set of breasts and not felt a little bit better. there nothing for the health like a good pair.
#25 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

I just lengthened your lives  
You're Welcome
#26 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
"

You're Welcome "
Who is that, Grover? 
#27 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
"

You're Welcome "
Who is that, Grover?  "
Elmo
#28 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Elmo I think, grover is blue.

#29 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah... I was distracted by increased circulation of blood

#30 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut: 
I know! How that shirt is cut totally ruined Elmo's face, it should be a crime.
#31 Posted by Mercy_ (92676 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar said:
" Elmo I think, grover is blue. "
This is accurate. 

#32 Posted by SC (12905 posts) - - Show Bio

Come on people... its Grover. He is just either really embarrassed or sunburnt. Elmo would never use his mutant power to morph into a t-shirt just to be worn by Kate Perry. Grover though? There is a reason why even Oscar the Grouch calls him the dirtiest muppet around. 

#33 Posted by TypingKira (3509 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt: Hell no, I am an overweight (just lost ten pounds) nerd in america. I just happen to be of the well-endowed persuasion (mind out of the gutter!!!) 
#34 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC: 
If Grover blushed wouldn't he be purple?

Elmo is a street walker... need I remind of Tickle Me Elmo?
#35 Posted by Edamame (28062 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedheadedAtrocitus said:
" I don't think so.  A "researcher" writing for the New England Journal of Medicine supposedly came out with the same conclusion over 10 years ago, only to have people find out later that the study was a complete hoax with absolutely no scientific basis whatsoever. 
LOL!
#36 Posted by SC (12905 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar said:
" @SC:  If Grover blushed wouldn't he be purple?  Elmo is a street walker... need I remind of Tickle Me Elmo? "

If he only blushed a little maybe. Its Kate Perry though, so he is blushing a lot.  

Exactly. Elmo gets his thrills and jollies by people touching him, not by him touching other people. Thats Grover's style. Bert and Ernie are BDSM and all that stuff, submission, role play and latex. Big Bird likes to throw on the trench coat and go around flashing. Fozzie Bear is only into older bears. Cougar Bears. Gonzo of course doesn't discriminate, but he likes to be there in the middle of the action. Don't get me started on the Count... 

My source for the record is: Mr. Snuffleupagus. I am not sure how he knows... maybe thats his thing... 
#37 Posted by Trodorne (2583 posts) - - Show Bio

That is awesome. looks like comics are good for your health now. even more of a reason to read them now.

#38 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:
" @TheCrowbar said:
" @SC:  If Grover blushed wouldn't he be purple?  Elmo is a street walker... need I remind of Tickle Me Elmo? "
 If he only blushed a little maybe. Its Kate Perry though, so he is blushing a lot.   Exactly. Elmo gets his thrills and jollies by people touching him, not by him touching other people. Thats Grover's style. Bert and Ernie are BDSM and all that stuff, submission, role play and latex. Big Bird likes to throw on the trench coat and go around flashing. Fozzie Bear is only into older bears. Cougar Bears. Gonzo of course doesn't discriminate, but he likes to be there in the middle of the action. Don't get me started on the Count...  My source for the record is: Mr. Snuffleupagus. I am not sure how he knows... maybe thats his thing...  "
Congratulations! What little happy memories of my childhood have all been marked by this lol
#39 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nova`Prime` said:
"What can't breasts do? :) "
#40 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

Does it have to be large breasts or can it be any sized breasts in particular?

#41 Posted by Darkmount1 (1271 posts) - - Show Bio

I just have one thing to say about this (and a question about the source(s) this news bit came from): 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.