Emma's role in Age of Ultron!

#1 Posted by queenfrost_ (2499 posts) - - Show Bio

So you should all know by now that Emma Frost is

part of the rebel alliance team thingy that survive ultron's attack along with some other cool heroes (apart from wolverine)

But how do you think she will work in to it? She has lot her TP so she can't be the "token telepath" anymore. We all know she is a team player despite her ice cold persona, but she is also a natural leader. How will she cope with her new position? And her new de facto teammates? What do you think will become of Emma? I have a really bad, bad, bad, feeling Bendis will kill her off. And if not, seriously mess up her character. But then again, this could benefit Emma. Make her more of primitive survivalist than a mental survivalist (meaning she uses more brawn and aggression to survive as opposed to previously using her intelligence, confidence and telepathy to survive).

Plus, I guess this kinda justifies why Emma was left out of the all new all female X-Men roster.

Anyway, thoughts?

#2 Posted by God_Spawn (37883 posts) - - Show Bio

Her diamond form could still offer some offensive capabilities and is ridiculously and if she gets a strength upgrade at least, awesome. And she does offer natural intelligence and as you put, leadership or some advice. She isn't completely useless here.

#3 Posted by SC (13110 posts) - - Show Bio

She'll talk a lot. Probably share an elevator with Luke Cage, and say a lot of witty and bitchy things. Then Spider-man will make a cool reference to a nineties movie, Moon Knight will say something crazy, then Wolverine will be like all "...." then Cage will say DAMN! Then talk about being a father. Since you know its Bendis? He's great with dialogue! This cast of characters was probably chosen based on how great Bendis is with dialogue and their ability to bounce conversations of each other naturally and organically. Naturally. Of course.

#4 Posted by judasnixon (6584 posts) - - Show Bio
@queenfrost_: I really don't know what's going on with AU. I have clue where this fits in the Marvel time line. Is that Peter Parker or Doc Ock Spider-Man? Is Emma Frost's powers still wonky. Is this taking place before or after She-Hulk joined the F.F.? As for Emma joining Brian Wood's X-Men, Wood's wanted her, but the X-Men editor said no......
#5 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon said:

@queenfrost_: I really don't know what's going on with AU. I have clue where this fits in the Marvel time line. Is that Peter Parker or Doc Ock Spider-Man? Is Emma Frost's powers still wonky. Is this taking place before or after She-Hulk joined the F.F.? As for Emma joining Brian Wood's X-Men, Wood's wanted her, but the X-Men editor said no......

This the costumes make me think this is an alt universe thing.

Anyway Bendis has two strikes when it comes to Emma Frost on his list already "The Daredevil fight and All New X-Men" if Uncanny doesn't do her justice then I dread her role in this more than I look forward to it.

#6 Posted by God_Spawn (37883 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: Daredevil wasn't even a fight lol.

#7 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@Blood1991: Daredevil wasn't even a fight lol.

Well saying he chucked a club at the side of her face just sounds so depressing.

#8 Posted by God_Spawn (37883 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: I think it was a reasonable feat considering the things Daredevil can do, albeit embarrassing for Emma. Not like he miswrote her or anything in that issue.

#9 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@Blood1991: I think it was a reasonable feat considering the things Daredevil can do, albeit embarrassing for Emma. Not like he miswrote her or anything in that issue.

Yeah DD has the skills, and Uncanny is coming up fast. We shall see, but I am rather pessimistic at this point :/

#10 Posted by God_Spawn (37883 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: If Mercy_ likes All New X-Men, there is hope for anyone.

#11 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@Blood1991: If Mercy_ likes All New X-Men, there is hope for anyone.

I've just been hurt so many times *sobs loudly*

#12 Posted by God_Spawn (37883 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: It's ok...I'm here.

#13 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@Blood1991: It's ok...I'm here.

Avengers flash backs!

#14 Posted by queenfrost_ (2499 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC said:

She'll talk a lot. Probably share an elevator with Luke Cage, and say a lot of witty and bitchy things. Then Spider-man will make a cool reference to a nineties movie, Moon Knight will say something crazy, then Wolverine will be like all "...." then Cage will say DAMN! Then talk about being a father. Since you know its Bendis? He's great with dialogue! This cast of characters was probably chosen based on how great Bendis is with dialogue and their ability to bounce conversations of each other naturally and organically. Naturally. Of course.

#15 Posted by queenfrost_ (2499 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon: I think it is set up to date. Because the trailer says its within the MARVEL NOW! thingy. The promo also shows Emma in a black costume and the FF off in their adventure thingy they are doing.

@Blood1991: It isn't an alt universe, the trailer says "THIS ISN'T ANOTHER UNIVERSE. THIS ISN'T THE FUTURE. THIS IS NOW."

#16 Posted by Veitha (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC said:

LOL hahaha

#17 Posted by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

Which promo? Could you pretty please post the link here? Because, aside from the Trailer video where Emma appears in some terrible art alongside Wolverine, I haven't seen any AU material featuring her.

Anyways, I really hope she gets her TP back by then. One good Telepath would come real in handy for the rebellion team.

#18 Posted by judasnixon (6584 posts) - - Show Bio
@GonnaRain: Actually I could see Emma not having her telepathy in Age of Ultron. It not like she could read Ultron's mind if she had it.......  
#19 Posted by Oscars94 (2513 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know about you guys but I think for Age Of Ultron the Heroes will need someone with EXPERIENCE in the field of machines.DONATELLO!!!!!!

#20 Posted by Ceddsong (44 posts) - - Show Bio

@oscar94 you're absolutely right. No one on that team is a technician and while Beast is brilliant I believe his expertise is Biology and other similar sciences. Additionally, while I love Emma Im not sure what she'll bring to the team, despite being near fully indestructible.

#21 Posted by queenfrost_ (2499 posts) - - Show Bio

@GonnaRain: Bendis has clearly stated that she won't get it back any time soon. And I think Marvel wants the survivalist team to be stripped to their bare minimals which is why they don't have a lot of powerhouses on the team

#22 Posted by kamionero (313 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC said:

By god... what you wrote is beautiful. I think you captured it to a T.

Hahaha "Damn! ...I change diapers!"

#23 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she'll get her telepathy back. If anything they'll probably use her like they did in House of M. I mean it wouldn't surprise me, nothing is original anymore!

#24 Posted by doddy (251 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma in AoU

#25 Posted by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

The art in that specific page looks awful.

#26 Posted by PassionFlower (960 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm surprised she is even in it.

#27 Posted by doddy (251 posts) - - Show Bio

I’ve heard that AoU was originally planed released last year as the major event but eventually replaced by AvX. That could explain the weird lineup of the remaining heroes.

#28 Posted by chieflewal (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC: Snap.

#29 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3553 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC said:

I completely agree with your breakdown. You nailed it.

#30 Edited by Strider92 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

So does as she read his mind does this mean Emma knows Spider-man is Octavius now? Because if she did she didn't show much concern about having a psychopath running around or is this just bad writing lol?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.