Emma's Friend Jaye?

#1 Posted by sonic5328 (92 posts) - - Show Bio

In Uncanny X-Men #529 Emma Frost talks about an old friend named Jaye that she used to know. Anyone know who that is?

#2 Posted by Raionherustsu (30 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think it's a character that existed previously. 
In the Emma Frost series she was friends with Astrid Bloom and another girl I don't remember the name though... could be that girl, but I doubt it.

#3 Posted by sonic5328 (92 posts) - - Show Bio

No I already looked into that. It's not. It's weird that they mention a previously unknown mutant considering how few there are.

#4 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma mention it to Fantomex about guilt or something similar to that, she said she saw it in the newspaper after the Bastion incedent =]

#5 Posted by Greyed (55 posts) - - Show Bio

obv Jaye is a salute to Jean1 of  the 2 popular currently dead X-men. Jaye and Jean? not much of a different when say it out loud.

#6 Posted by sonic5328 (92 posts) - - Show Bio
@Greyed: Um Jean wasn't killed in the Bastion attack so....
#7 Posted by Mercy_ (92674 posts) - - Show Bio
@Greyed said:
" obv Jaye is a salute to Jean1 of  the 2 popular currently dead X-men. Jaye and Jean? not much of a different when say it out loud. "
Yeah....no. 
#8 Posted by AnvilQuick (1 posts) - - Show Bio

The reference is to real live person (Jayè Donovynne) who worked under several pen names as a writer and artist. He suffered an aneurism causing him to exit the field. It was a nod to him.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.