Emma to Lead a Team of X-Men after Schism? O_o

• 107 results
#1 Posted by Mercy_ (92925 posts) - - Show Bio

The two teaser images for what the two new teams will be have been released. There's Wolverine's team and ...Emma's team.  

Teaser image 

Source 

And thanks to Clara Mass for bringing this to my attention :)
#2 Posted by EmmaGrace (1024 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes! I'm crossing my fingers please please let this be true.

#3 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

looks like the back shadow is Angel/Archangel and the side one is Juggernaut or Colossus-naut

#4 Posted by Mercy_ (92925 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula: I'm pretty sure the one in the back left is Mags. 
#5 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
could be Magneto or Archangel, Hard to tell if it's a cape or wings. But I went with Angel, because I can't see Mags taking orders from Emma.
#6 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
@The Dark Huntress said:
could be Magneto or Archangel, Hard to tell if it's a cape or wings. But I went with Angel, because I can't see Mags taking orders from Emma.
Nevermind, the bottom of it suggests cape, so it probably is magneto. but why?
#7 Posted by Clara Mass (8069 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus becoming the new host/user/toy of that Cytorak thing-a-ma-jig has been hinted at with solicits as of late.  I'll definitely try out the first arc of Gillen's Uncanny X-Men

#8 Posted by EmmaGrace (1024 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula: It's definitely Mags.
#9 Posted by Mercy_ (92925 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
@Caligula said:
@The Dark Huntress said:
Not sure. But the teaser image released for Wolverine's team suggest that Rogue is on it. So that should be an interesting dynamic. 
#10 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio
I see Magneto.... :)
#11 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
@Caligula said:
@Caligula said:
@The Dark Huntress said:
Not sure. But the teaser image released for Wolverine's team suggest that Rogue is on it. So that should be an interesting dynamic. 
it is interesting, but I don't know how I feel about it. Magneto has always been a leader in my mind.

A wild theory but maybe it's Rogue in Magneto garb, it's a crazy theory. But Colossus is supposed to be the new Juggernaut soon so who knows.
#12 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio
Person of the bottom left. Iceman?
#13 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG yes<3

#14 Edited by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm said:

I don't know it may be Magik, cause the leg looks kind of goaty?
#15 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

If she is I like it. I realize way ahead of time all the nuances that would reason she shouldn't, but I worship Frost a little too much to care about
the in's and out's.

#16 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
@Son Of Storm said:
I don't know it maybe Magik, cause the leg looks kind of goaty?
Eh. I don't see a hoof or anything. But it's possible. However Iceman has had protrusions like that before right?
#17 Posted by The Umbra Sorcerer (8164 posts) - - Show Bio

Ohhhhh im liking this!!! :D 

#18 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm said:
@Caligula said:
@Son Of Storm said:
Eh. I don't see a hoof or anything. But it's possible. However Iceman has had protrusions like that before right?
but it doesn't look like a foot to me. it's almost a straight down peg.
#19 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
@Son Of Storm said:
@Caligula said:
@Son Of Storm said:
but it doesn't look like a foot to me. it's almost a straight down peg.
Yea. That rock makes it hard to tell.
#20 Edited by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

and on the right of emma under the Juggernaut looking dude, is a hand with a sword.

#22 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
It could also be Spyke, right? I'm out of touch with the X-Men. or maybe even Black Tom Cassidy in wood form.
If it is then they REALLY went back and pulled some of Tom from "comic limbo".  Spyke however isn't Marvel canon. He was made purely for the X-men Evo show..........which completely confused people following Storm's back story. But that's for another thread.
#23 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm said:
@Caligula said:
It could also be Spyke, right? I'm out of touch with the X-Men. or maybe even Black Tom Cassidy in wood form.
If it is then they REALLY went back and pulled some of Tom from "comic limbo".  Spyke however isn't Marvel canon. He was made purely for the X-men Evo show..........which completely confused people following Storm's back story. But that's for another thread.
yeah it's probably neither of those. Given that last time Tom was seen he was powerless after M-Day. And the fact that Spyke isn't canon, but you never know cause I mean Harleyquinn became canon after being created for an animated tv show. So it's not completely impossible, but it is highly unlikely.
#24 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13471 posts) - - Show Bio

mark my words.........Deadpool will be on one of these teams......and i will smile
#26 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
@Son Of Storm said:
@Caligula said:
yeah it's probably neither of those. Given that last time Tom was seen he was powerless after M-Day. And the fact that Spyke isn't canon, but you never know cause I mean Harleyquinn became canon after being created for an animated tv show. So it's not completely impossible, but it is highly unlikely.
I guess we'll just have to wait.......
#27 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATPANEXE said:
I think the spikey character is Iceman. look at the Regenesis advert
Link isn't working.
#28 Posted by Mercy_ (92925 posts) - - Show Bio
X-Men: Regenesis
#29 Posted by Vortex13 (12265 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula: They may not be spikes. Could be straps which put the idea of Warpath, perhaps in his brothers costume. That was my first thought actually.
#30 Posted by SC (13266 posts) - - Show Bio

Yey!!!! If I remember the creative team right as well, even more yey! 

#31 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vortex13 said:
@Caligula: They may not be spikes. Could be straps which put the idea of Warpath, perhaps in his brothers costume. That was my first thought actually.
Nah. It's spikes.
#32 Posted by CurbsideProphet (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma leading would be awesome. Now, if I triangulate this with the Cyclops dying thread, plus that other thing and the fact that Emma has a picture, I can say this: Cyclops is going to die and Emma is going to lead some X-men, plus Wolverine will too.

#33 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

now I'm think the the hand with the sword belongs to Psylocke due to the Ad posted.

#34 Posted by Mercy_ (92925 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:
Gillen and Pacheco <3
#35 Posted by Vortex13 (12265 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm said:
@Vortex13 said:
Nah. It's spikes.
You're probably right but it was just a thought. And I would love to see warpath used again, he's been in comic limbo as well as of late.
#36 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vortex13 said:
@Son Of Storm said:
@Vortex13 said:
Nah. It's spikes.
You're probably right but it was just a thought. And I would love to see warpath used again, he's been in comic limbo as well as of late.
Lots of characters are in the limbo boat. So at least he's got company.
#37 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
@SC said:
Gillen and Pacheco <3
Ultimate fangasm approaching!
:P
#38 Posted by Vortex13 (12265 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
@The Dark Huntress said:
He's been taking orders from Cyclops, why not her?
#39 Posted by Mercy_ (92925 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm said:
@The Dark Huntress said:
@SC said:
Gillen and Pacheco <3
Land's still gonna be on the book :(
#40 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vortex13 said:
@Caligula said:
@The Dark Huntress said:
He's been taking orders from Cyclops, why not her?
he's not really taking orders from scott, so much as just going along with it. at least that's my take.
#41 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
@Son Of Storm said:
@The Dark Huntress said:
@SC said:
Gillen and Pacheco <3
Well who knows maybe the stars will align and something happens to his hands. Like a sudden case of extreme arthritis?!
#42 Posted by Vortex13 (12265 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula: Good point. But I agree that he always seemed like a character that would be unwilling to serve.
#43 Posted by Vortex13 (12265 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm said:
@The Dark Huntress said:
@Son Of Storm said:
@The Dark Huntress said:
@SC said:
Gillen and Pacheco <3
Well who knows maybe the stars will align and something happens to his hands. Like a sudden case of extreme arthritis?!
That might improve his art.
#44 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vortex13 said:
@Caligula: Good point. But I agree that he always seemed like a character that would be unwilling to serve.
Well he has been on the path... And its my opinion that he respects Emma more than he would respect Wolverine.
#45 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vortex13 said:
@Son Of Storm said:
@The Dark Huntress said:
@Son Of Storm said:
@The Dark Huntress said:
@SC said:
Gillen and Pacheco <3
LMAO!
#46 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vortex13 said:
@Son Of Storm said:
@The Dark Huntress said:
@Son Of Storm said:
@The Dark Huntress said:
@SC said:
Gillen and Pacheco <3
 I don't really think Lands art is bad, but the problem is that it's not really "his" art.
#47 Posted by SC (13266 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
Gillen and Pacheco <3

Thank you for clarifying Dark Huntress!  

Am so glad! Actually in retrospect I like how Aaron writes Emma reasonably well, I was in a win, win situation. I am more concerned about artists... 
#48 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm said:
@Vortex13 said:
Well he has been on the path... And its my opinion that he respects Emma more than he would respect Wolverine.
He would support her cause more than his yes. But I still can't see him taking orders. Maybe he is working with her an not for her. He just doesn't strike me as a follower.
#49 Posted by Mercy_ (92925 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula: Agreed on Land.  

@SC: Do you remember the 534.1 issue? With Magneto's interview? That was Pacheco (with D'Armata coloring, who I'm seriously am hoping is going to be the colorist here). 
#50 Edited by SC (13266 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress:  *nods* How could I forget D'Armata? He is like the only color I know besides Sonia Oback!! (lol) Fingers crossed from me as well that Emma's book nabs him. That was a nice issue!  

I wonder what plots we will be seeing, now... 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.