Emma Third Power???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Foreverbbyily (225 posts) - - Show Bio

Well as everyone may know emma has hinted to have tk 
do you think they will decide to off. 
give her tk
#2 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt it. The similarities between her and Jean are already too strong. Adding TK just invites more Phoenix nonsense, and I'm against that.

#3 Posted by Dane (10621 posts) - - Show Bio

basically what Korg said. I think Emma Frost's originality as a character is dependant on her powers being unique. She already has telepathy and diamond form, probably good as is.

#4 Posted by nikbackm (184 posts) - - Show Bio

No, should definitely NOT have TK; for the reasons already stated, and because it would make her overpowered.
Likewise, she should NOT be able to use telepathy in diamond form.

What's next, do you think she should get the Power Cosmic too? :)

#5 Posted by leigh_rogue888 (117 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree there would be too many similarities to Jean Grey, but isn't her diamond form something that was influenced by Xavier's sister, therefore not making it her true second mutation? I mean she could get the TK but 3 mutant powers that appeared at different times in her life? I dunno about that, I don't think they will write it in.

#6 Posted by Foreverbbyily (225 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dane:
well now she onlii has her diamond form telepathy is gone until futh. notice
#7 Posted by Dane (10621 posts) - - Show Bio
@Foreverbbyily said:
" @Dane: well now she onlii has her diamond form telepathy is gone until futh. notice "
I was unaware of that. I think it's unlikely that she would gain telekinesis without regaining telepathy as the powers are quite similarly grouped in individuals.
#8 Edited by nikbackm (184 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Foreverbbyily (225 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dane:
Yea she lost her telapathy and is stuck in diamond form to keep a sliver of the viod from 
doing something i forgot but she cant leave her diamond for which she cant acces her tel. and thats the reason 
why i loved emma so much
#10 Posted by Foreverbbyily (225 posts) - - Show Bio
@nikbackm said:
"@Foreverbbyily: She'll get it back in Uncanny #518.

@leigh_rogue888: Whether the diamond form was created by Nova, or if that was a a trick to make Emma more unstable can be debated. See for example:

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4121 "

how wil she regain it in 518  do yuu 
have any clue because i loose 
intrest in emma if she cant use ur tele.
#11 Edited by nikbackm (184 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by leigh_rogue888 (117 posts) - - Show Bio

Well its possible the cuckoos will give Cyclops access to Emma's mind so he can go in and fight the sliver of Evil she has in her head. 

The whole theory of Nova implanted the memory in Emma and it having never truly occurred, I do agree Nova would screw with her head like that. I kind of don't want to buy it because for Emma to receive the diamond form is just too complementary to her personality. 

That whole bit about the Cuckoo's getting the diamond form as a second mutation is a possiblity but also consider that one of them had the power of the Phoenix, unlimited power of anything. So why not steal a page from their mothers book and lock the Phoenix's power in a perfect diamond heart, so that it is locked away. 

#13 Posted by joshmightbe (25003 posts) - - Show Bio

are there any tk users who arent telepaths

#14 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
" are there any tk users who arent telepaths "
Hellion
#15 Edited by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
Candra.

#16 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice

#17 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.