Emma set to face Thor in AvX: Versus (Spoilers??)

• 151 results
#1 Posted by God_Spawn (35981 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma is apparently the black silhouetted figure in AvX Versus #4

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=38975

Alonso: Sorry, Drew@616, Spider-Woman isn’t featured in any of the “AvX Versus” issues, but she does have a central role in “New Avenger #28,” which is an AvX tie-in issue. That said, if you’re hankering for a throw down between two formidable female characters, check out the Black Widow/Magik fight in issue #4. And then there’s the Psylocke/Daredevil fight and the Emma Frost/Thor fight in issue #5. And the Storm/Black Panther fight in #6. And the…oops, we haven’t announced that yet.
#2 Posted by AweSam (7075 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish I could go up to the writer and just say "No."

#3 Posted by Mercy_ (92083 posts) - - Show Bio

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

#4 Posted by ragdollpurps (15570 posts) - - Show Bio

Really?? That's Emma? Ugh. Well, at least it's not Storm.

#5 Posted by God_Spawn (35981 posts) - - Show Bio

@ragdollpurps: I'm sorry you and Morph are having a spat in that issue.

#6 Posted by ragdollpurps (15570 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: LOL we did battle rp of them fighting. xD

#7 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29330 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

@Mercy_ said:

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

#8 Posted by Mercy_ (92083 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@ragdollpurps: I'm sorry you and Morph are having a spat in that issue.

lawlz

#9 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7201 posts) - - Show Bio

@ragdollpurps said:

Really?? That's Emma? Ugh. Well, at least it's not Storm.

This is exactly what i was going to say.

But - What rubbish ?

#10 Posted by x_29 (2272 posts) - - Show Bio

It should have been thor vs storm. I will say it again, this event should have been a fighting game.

#11 Edited by ApatheticAvenger (1634 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the most important question here is: does Emma somehow harness the Phoenix? Clearly the Phoenix Force is behind the silhouetted figure, and on the cover of AvX #7 we see a fiery diamond Emma holding an unfortunate Hawkeye. Is the background just to show that the Phoenix is raging behind them while Thor and Emma fight? Is the cover to AvX #7 just a metaphor for the X-Men using the Phoenix to take down the Avengers (this is the issue where Cyclops is supposed to announce "no more Avengers")?

Avengers VS. X-Men #7
#12 Posted by Illuminatus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

When will this event die?

#13 Posted by The_Red_Blur (225 posts) - - Show Bio

When you stop buying it!

#14 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

When will this event die?

That's a good question. But in the mean time, I'm going to enjoy the one good thing this event can do.

@god_spawn: *Points and Laughs*

#15 Posted by oviouslyjeangrey (400 posts) - - Show Bio

Who cares let them fight Emma probably going to loose poor thing.

#16 Posted by God_Spawn (35981 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus: It's supposed to span 12 issues.

@ReVamp: *Shrugs*

@oviouslyjeangrey: Some fans might care hence why I posted the news. Even if she does lose, there is no shame in losing to Thor. At least at the end of the day Emma is still the main, relevant telepath of the X-Men.

#17 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Don't act like you're not crying in your Cyclops blanket. It doesn't suit you.

#18 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

#19 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: I've only enjoyed the issues where Wolverine is made to look like the buffoon that he's been as of late. And within his own book no less.

#20 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

the length of her hair looks like emma's to you people?

#21 Posted by Redberry (797 posts) - - Show Bio

Can her telepathic affect Thor?

#22 Posted by God_Spawn (35981 posts) - - Show Bio

@Redberry said:

Can her telepathic affect Thor?

Thor is pretty resistant to telepathic attacks but not immune.

#23 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

What the sh1t, don't hate the comics hate the writers

damn you marvel

#24 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Really Marvel -__-

There is NO way this is not going to be the biggest load of bull ever.

Thor beats Emma= duh what a stupid match up

Emma beats Thor= WTF Marvel, really?

#25 Posted by tg1982 (2707 posts) - - Show Bio

BY ALL THE SAINTS IN CHRISTENDOM!!!!!!

What the hell Marvel!? It's a no win, either Thor wins and it's predictable or Thor loses and it's PIS laden. No offense to Emma fans, I'd say the same thing if it was Captain America vs Thor.

#26 Posted by oviouslyjeangrey (400 posts) - - Show Bio

OH wait it just might be storm Kallarkz made a good point doesn't really look like emmas hair

#27 Posted by Aiden Cross (15513 posts) - - Show Bio

Good thing i'm not reading this.

#28 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

Somebody wake me when this nightmare is over.

#29 Edited by God_Spawn (35981 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982 said:

What the hell Marvel!? It's a no win, either Thor wins and it's predictable or Thor loses and it's PIS laden. No offense to Emma fans, I'd say the same thing if it was Captain America vs Thor.

I'm agreeing with you wholeheartedly on this and none taken.

#30 Posted by tg1982 (2707 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Good. I like her too, and I'm not opposed to her fighting but maybe some one like, IDK, Cage, around the time she got "TASED" by those anit-telepathy doodads (official name, BTW) from Iron Man, otherwise Cage wouldn't stand a chance obviously, and she could slug it out in her diamond form that could be an interesting fight.

#31 Posted by TDK_1997 (13684 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if Marvel are getting stupider or they have always been so stupid.

#32 Edited by tg1982 (2707 posts) - - Show Bio

@TDK_1997 said:

I don't know if Marvel are getting stupider or they have always been so stupid.

I think it's them getting stupid they couldn't have always been stupid, they hired Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, Joe Simon, etc, etc, so at least at one point in time they were smart (even if it was around 50 years ago). :-)

#33 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

a lot of women will get new earings

#34 Posted by God_Spawn (35981 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982: I think it's a dumb fight either way. Either Emma brainfries Thor or Thor fries her with a lightning bolt, but Thor does have some decent resistance but let's see how that comes into play considering how this event is being written. Emma would brainfry Luke Cage easily and in diamond form she isn't strong enough to hurt him since she is only 2 tons at best, but Cage shouldn't be able to hurt Emma in that form either. He could however, BFR her but that is it.

And of course I like the character, I'm probably her biggest fanboy on the site and I was the one who started the Frostitution Revolution almost a year ago.

#35 Posted by tg1982 (2707 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Yeah the Thor v Emma fight will most likely be lame. And I thought she was stronger. She decked Iron Man in her diamond form and he seemed to feel it. But yeah I guess the Cage v Emma idea is just as lame. Oh well, I tried. LOL

#36 Edited by God_Spawn (35981 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982: You're using something from this event as evidence. That right there should give you your answer of why it wouldn't work lol. And unless she has gotten an amp that made her dozens of times stronger (which I would most likely know about), she shouldn't have really even made Tony flinch but he was fine right afterwards anyway.

#37 Posted by tg1982 (2707 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@tg1982: You're using something from this event as evidence. That right there should give you your answer of why it wouldn't work lol.

Yeah I guess I had that comig. LOL

Touche, good sir. Well played.

#38 Posted by God_Spawn (35981 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982: *Bows*

#39 Posted by Mercy_ (92083 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982: You have excellent taste

#40 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure, the silhouette appears to be wearing more clothes than Emma usually would

#41 Posted by Dernman (13991 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanted to see Thor to STOMP Storm.

#42 Posted by Veitha (2307 posts) - - Show Bio

She really looks like Storm o.O'

Well, if Marvel won't increase her powers in the next issues she will be slain by Thor... And I hate it when Marvel uses Emma as cannon fodder putting her against too powerful characters or characters that are immune to her powers. She's the White Queen, she deserves respect, heck XD!

#43 Posted by Deranged Midget (17598 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

I wanted to see Thor to STOMP Storm.

That would've been marvellous.

#44 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does her cape look like it's attached to her arms?

#45 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4517 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats gotta be Storm, and Storm only , Emma would never pose like that! Look at the pic, it looks just like Storm creating some bad weather for Thor!

#46 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

Its either Jean Grey or Scarlet Witch.

#47 Posted by tg1982 (2707 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

@tg1982: You have excellent taste

Thank you. :-)

#48 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1213 posts) - - Show Bio

Some how I don't think that's emma the hands look a little off to me.

Cross my fingers.

#49 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3274 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982 said:

Yep. Unless the PIS is really balanced by Emma getting a telepathic whammy off before Thor is aware she's there, this really shouldn't end that well for her. I doubt her diamond form could protect her from any of Thor's attacks.

#50 Posted by lorex (928 posts) - - Show Bio

If it actually is Emma I would say the fight depends on if she can get the jump on him, or let him think he has beaten her. As for her being able to resit Thor's powers well I think she will be fine against the lightening and his fists but
the hammer is made out of material far stronger than diamonds and I don't think she can take too many attacks from that. Her best chance if to use telepathy to manipulate Thor into giving her an opening through which she can attack.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.