• 57 results
#1 Posted by spellslinger (31 posts) - - Show Bio

im sorry but i just dont like emma wen she's wearin black
i guess coz ive seen her wearin white for so long
i hope this isnt permenant o_O
does any1 else feel the same way??

#2 Posted by DH69 (4193 posts) - - Show Bio

i'd rather see her is pink ;D

but honestly a costume change is nothing to get upset about, if it were people would be jumpin off roofs every 70 spider-man issues.

#3 Posted by spellslinger (31 posts) - - Show Bio

i no its not a big deal but still...

#4 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, I think it looks good.  But I don't see any reason behind it other than the team being called "Dark" X-Men. 

Other than that, I don't think it'll be permanent.  Most likely just for the duration of the cross-over.

#5 Posted by sora_thekey (8210 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe it's a way to see the response of the fans..... if people like sexy black costumed Emma... then it's permanent

I think she looks good.... I just wish they would draw her with civilian clothes once in a while because she looks hotter in civilian clothes!!!

#6 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" Honestly, I think it looks good.  But I don't see any reason behind it other than the team being called "Dark" X-Men.  Other than that, I don't think it'll be permanent.  Most likely just for the duration of the cross-over. "
BAD WRITING! For years Emma has been an X-Man and not once has she ever put on the Blue and yellow. She assimilates in her own way, and we're supposed to believe she'd jump at the chance to wear an all black ensemble? Go Home Matt Fraction. 

@sora_thekey said:
" Maybe it's a way to see the response of the fans..... if people like sexy black costumed Emma... then it's permanent

I think she looks good.... I just wish they would draw her with civilian clothes once in a while because she looks hotter in civilian clothes!!!
"

Her Generation X Days were also littered with horrible civilian clothes. 
#7 Posted by Defiant (678 posts) - - Show Bio

hahaha pix....i dont mind the black outfit

#8 Posted by laughingcorpse (166 posts) - - Show Bio

"Go Home Matt Fraction
^LMAO

anywho, Emma just isn't Emma when in black, thats why she was the White Queen. It was for a reason, its a part of Emma. someone that although has had a not so much clean(white) past still has the clean look. white clothes, a diamond secondary mutation. her look is clean. and Emma is a nonconformist, she wouldn't just change her look

#9 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio
@Defiant said:
" hahaha pix....i dont mind the black outfit "
I don't mind her wearing black, but her putting it on simply because it's offered to her isn't believable. 
#10 Posted by Defiant (678 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
"@Defiant said:
" hahaha pix....i dont mind the black outfit "
I don't mind her wearing black, but her putting it on simply because it's offered to her isn't believable. 
"

true
#11 Posted by War Killer (20344 posts) - - Show Bio

She looks good to me :D

#12 Posted by Watch Dog (834 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as she stays bad White or black I don't care.

#13 Posted by spellslinger (31 posts) - - Show Bio

i mean, its not horrible
its just that the white was part of who she is because her brother said it was her colour and he was the only 1 in her family who she doesnt hate

#14 Posted by AngelFrost (2797 posts) - - Show Bio

No!!!!

She's the White Queen, she'll always been the white queen.
So, no, I do not like her in Black.

Thats like .... Medusa dying her hair blonde!?
or, or, Scott shooting pink lasers from his eyes!?
And Professor Xavier suddenly growing hair

-_-

#15 Posted by Asymmetrical (24530 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really care, but it is horribly bad writing and if I were an Emma Frost fan I'd have a lot of hostility towards the ones who caused this...when did Emma Frost become Selene? I mean the black is just stupid, she made white symbolize her devious evils, so going black makes is like saying her own ways of doing the morally grey just aren't up to par anymore

#16 Posted by -Eclipse- (7537 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't she gonna look really stupid in diamond form with a black outfit? O.o

#17 Posted by bobbydr (64 posts) - - Show Bio
@-Eclipse-:
I actually think she might look really cool in diamond form with a black outfit. The contrast might be really neat.
I hate the black costume though. Emma has never, ever been predisposed to wearing anything other than the color white in all of her past appearances and her wearing the entirely opposite color scheme is just...strange. When she was a villain she wore white, all through her run of generation x she wore ridiculous variations of white outfits, and she has sported white ever since becoming an X-man. It is just too out of character for me, and I'm not even a huge Emma fan. Even pink, as ridiculous as it would look, would be more in character.
#18 Edited by AngelFrost (2797 posts) - - Show Bio
@bobbydr:
Nope, -Eclipse- wins....Emma looks stupid in a black outfit with diamond form.

Leather and Diamond
And why doesn't Dagger have to wear white? if this is the whole, 'Dark X-Men' theme?
-_-

#19 Posted by Defiant (678 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma looks good in any color

#20 Edited by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

She just looks like she's made of glass instead of a beautiful delicate diamond because of Rachel Dodson's thick black inking that makes everything look slick & glossy, and the colouring doesn't help either.  Black suits her.  Emma's a beautiful woman, she looks good in anything.

#21 Posted by The Psyentist (19123 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't mind it as long as it's TEMPORARY. I miss her white wardrobe. She looks amazing anyway, but white is kind of her signature colour.

#22 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (18976 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems a bit of since she is the"white queen" but she looks good either way

#23 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

It's actually not the first time she's worn black.  Read the New Mutants Annual number 4.

#24 Posted by Son Of Storm (11189 posts) - - Show Bio

IS she Omega did marvel finally give one on my favorite X-girls the infamous omega title along with professor X???????????????????????????

#25 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm: Two Words: Matt Fraction.  He is to continuity, what George Bush was to world peace & the environment. 
#26 Posted by Son Of Storm (11189 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" @Son Of Storm: Two Words: Matt Fraction.  He is to continuity, what George Bush was to world peace & the environment.  "
LMAO!
#27 Posted by Lifeguard85 (392 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" @Son Of Storm: Two Words: Matt Fraction.  He is to continuity, what George Bush was to world peace & the environment.  "
LMAO agreed!
#28 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
i feel like he's the new Claremont, in that, it takes an hour to get through one of his issues.
#29 Posted by Son Of Storm (11189 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
@Lifeguard85 said:
" @xerox-kitty said:
LMAO agreed! "
@pixelized said:
" @xerox-kitty said:
i feel like he's the new Claremont, in that, it takes an hour to get through one of his issues.
"

#30 Posted by spellslinger (31 posts) - - Show Bio

wow, thnx every1 who responded to this
i personally dont like the black costume and it doesnt suit her in wen shes diamod form

#31 Posted by Push (1552 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
"She looks good to me :D
"

Most definately :-)
#32 Posted by Son Of Storm (11189 posts) - - Show Bio

black is the best color there is IMO....And when she turns diamond she looks hotter.

#33 Posted by EisforExtinction (1863 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma Frost would even look good in neon ski pants.

#34 Posted by Son Of Storm (11189 posts) - - Show Bio
@EisforExtinction said:
" Emma Frost would even look good in neon ski pants. "
Lets not push it. :-)
#35 Posted by Aheld92 (100 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the design of the costume, but i do wish it was white

#36 Posted by EisforExtinction (1863 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm said:
" @EisforExtinction said:
" Emma Frost would even look good in neon ski pants. "
Lets not push it. :-) "
I stand by my statement.
#37 Posted by Vance Astro (91561 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought the title was "Emma IS black" lol.

Moderator Online
#38 Posted by Son Of Storm (11189 posts) - - Show Bio

LMAO

#39 Posted by Aronmorales (9583 posts) - - Show Bio

Black costume? no problem for me.
Polka-dots? problem.

#40 Posted by uncanny89 (818 posts) - - Show Bio

i am one of those people who think emma should remain white but i guess the reason the changed it was because of dagger when there are action scenes it could get confusing for some readers, but who knows.

#41 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

N'ah.  it would only be confusing if it was drawn by Greg Land ;)

#42 Posted by Nerx (15086 posts) - - Show Bio

They should make it more revealing

#43 Posted by spellslinger (31 posts) - - Show Bio

i just want her in white again.

#44 Posted by Kastiel (8814 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nerx said:
"They should make it more revealing"

Emma doesn't need to look skimpy as much as she doesn't need to wear black.
#45 Posted by Nerx (15086 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kastiel said:
" @Nerx said:
"They should make it more revealing"
Emma doesn't need to look skimpy as much as she doesn't need to wear black. "

Course she does, open a bit there and a bit here... some fanservice for the male readers. Maybe a MAX imprint dedicated to her life prior to being an X-men
#46 Posted by Omg chris (1590 posts) - - Show Bio

she doesn't look bad at all in black  for me

#47 Posted by DoN`t_KrAnQ_jUsT_PsYcHoO (313 posts) - - Show Bio

its illogical her name is white queen not black queen black queen is selene and emm a schould were her white costume

#48 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@DoN`t_KrAnQ_jUsT_PsYcHoO: Nope.  It is illogical to say that her title is her name.  She was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club's Inncer Circle.  One of many people to hold that position over the centuries.  Just as Selene wasn't the first Black Queen (we know that Phoenix was the Black Queen before her), it is doubtful that Emma was the first and only White Queen. 

Also, she hasn't used that title for the best part of 20 years.  She's just Emma Frost, just as Jean wasn't Phoenix or Marvel Girl during the 90's; she was just Jean Grey.  Likewise, no-one can remember the last time Kitty Pryde went by the name Shadowcat.  Emma Frost doesn't need to be restricted by a codename that was given to her by a power-hungry villainous sect over 30 years ago.
#49 Posted by defaultdefaultdefault (16905 posts) - - Show Bio

i hate it. she has been the White Queen with costumes that are themed white for over a decade now.
She also obviously isnt the Black Queen, which would be the only way id see her commiting to it.
Emma would have taken it out of the box, thrown it out and said
" Thanks, but i already had one made for me prior"
If there was any further argument she'd brainwash them into thinking their wasnt.

#50 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio

i just hated how quick she was to change into it.

20 years with the good guys and not once did she ever don the same uniform as them.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.