Emma Frost vs Psylocke

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Shamit656 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

They r my favorite psychics, always wanted to see a showdown between. my money is on emma

#2 Posted by Lord_Angelus (12 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmm Emma may win....

#3 Posted by EmmaGrace (1024 posts) - - Show Bio

This has been done many times before, check out the battles forum.

#4 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio
@EmmaGrace said:
This.  

And Betsy wins due to Emma not having an answer for her TK. 
#5 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio
Emma. 
@ragdollpurps said:
@EmmaGrace said:
This.   And Betsy wins due to Emma not having an answer for her TK. 
She may not have TK of her own. But she wont necessarily need it. Emma's telepathic power vastly outweighs anything Psylocke can produce. So it may be a question of who attacks first. 

I'd say Emma 9/10.
#6 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm: I dunnooo about that. In the thread in the battle forum there was a pretty convincing argument in Psylocke's favor, and Psylocke is no telepathic slouch either. She's not that far behind Emma in terms of TP skill. 
#7 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio
@ragdollpurps said:
@Son Of Storm: I dunnooo about that. In the thread in the battle forum there was a pretty convincing argument in Psylocke's favor, and Psylocke is no telepathic slouch either. She's not that far behind Emma in terms of TP skill. 
But I haven't saw or heard of anything current Psylocke has done that puts her in the same ballpark as Emma.
#8 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm: I'm just repeating what Remender has been saying about her but she doesn't need to be on the exact same power level to be strong and skilled enough to defend herself mentally, which she is indeed capable of. 
#9 Posted by HexThis (900 posts) - - Show Bio

Psylocke could defend herself long enough against Emma's telepathic attacks to beat on her which would compel Emma to turn to diamond, giving Psylocke the perfect opportunity to drive a psychic knife through her head as she is susceptible to telepathy when she's diamond.

#10 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio
@ragdollpurps said:
@Son Of Storm: I'm just repeating what Remender has been saying about her but she doesn't need to be on the exact same power level to be strong and skilled enough to defend herself mentally, which she is indeed capable of. 
I've been hearing that as well. But writers talk stuff all the time. When they put it on paper that's when I accept it.

And I'm not saying that any average telepath can totally destroy Psylocke. But Emma is no mere telelpath.

@HexThis said:
Psylocke could defend herself long enough against Emma's telepathic attacks to beat on her which would compel Emma to turn to diamond, giving Psylocke the perfect opportunity to drive a psychic knife through her head as she is susceptible to telepathy when she's diamond.

Unless I'm missing something Jean was the only one able to pull that off.
#11 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm: The only way Emma can defeat Psylocke is if she is able to achieve some sort of telepathic attack on her, which she would have difficulty doing while Betsy is on the psychic defense.  

@HexThis said:
I agree with that part, but I thought Emma was not susceptible to telepathy in diamond form. My theory follows the first sentence but with Psylocke winning due to either BFR or incapacitation via TK. 
#12 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio
@ragdollpurps said:
@Son Of Storm: The only way Emma can defeat Psylocke is if she is able to achieve some sort of telepathic attack on her, which she would have difficulty doing while Betsy is on the psychic defense.  

But where is the proof that Psylocke has enough power to keep her out long enough to use her TK? I mean Emma has matched Exodus in telepathic combat. Psylocke is no Exodus.
@ragdollpurps said:

@HexThis said:
I agree with that part, but I thought Emma was not susceptible to telepathy in diamond form. My theory follows the first sentence but with Psylocke winning due to either BFR or incapacitation via TK. 
Good old BFR lol.

How would she incapacitate Emma?
#13 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm: I'm going to try and find that thread. But it's true that she could mentally tire before Emma's does. However I feel that if she's mentally capable of entrapping the Shadow King within in her mind until she died, she's mentally capable of defending it against Emma. As for incapacitation, she could encase her in rubble long enough to qualify the win. If Emma takes this, I don't think it's at as high a percentage as 90%. 
#14 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio
@ragdollpurps said:
@Son Of Storm: I'm going to try and find that thread. But it's true that she could mentally tire before Emma's does. However I feel that if she's mentally capable of entrapping the Shadow King within in her mind until she died, she's mentally capable of defending it against Emma. As for incapacitation, she could encase her in rubble long enough to qualify the win. If Emma takes this, I don't think it's at as high a percentage as 90%. 
Yea but that was with the "old" Psylocke. Current Psylocke doesn't have that kind of power.

89.9% :)
#16 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm: But Shaw recently was able to fend off Emma pretty well with no mental abilities, so it shouldn't be very hard for Psylocke, someone who actually has telepathy, to do so. Also, I don't see Emma posing much of a threat to Psylocke in diamond form, and her only offense against Betsy is her telepathy, and in order to utilize it she must stay flesh which makes her prone to a telekinetic push on her brain, knocking her out. But read that, and let me know if you still feel the same. :]
#18 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio
@ragdollpurps said:
@Son Of Storm: But Shaw recently was able to fend off Emma pretty well with no mental abilities, so it shouldn't be very hard for Psylocke, someone who actually has telepathy, to do so. Also, I don't see Emma posing much of a threat to Psylocke in diamond form, and her only offense against Betsy is her telepathy, and in order to utilize it she must stay flesh which makes her prone to a telekinetic push on her brain, knocking her out. But read that, and let me know if you still feel the same. :]
Emma herself stated that she taught Shaw all the tricks for fending off telepaths. Add that to his power infused will (which was already strong) and you've got a major problem.

I read the battle but to be honest I think BS was slightly hyping up Psylocke. He didn't really give any proof that Psylocke could stand up to Emma other than that Shadow King feat which is now moot. 

I still think Emma takes the majority. But Psylocke may get in a few wins.
#19 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm: Psylocke has a current feat against the Shadow King as well. They were battling in her head, and he looked for an insecure part of her mind to attack, and found one that he saw she was protecting more than the other areas. When he tried to attack it she was able to completely block out and sever his connection to her mind. I still feel that she's far more versatile in her abilities, and that her tk gives her the edge. So I'd say the exact same, but in Psylocke's favor. 
#20 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio
@ragdollpurps said:
@Son Of Storm: Psylocke has a current feat against the Shadow King as well. They were battling in her head, and he looked for an insecure part of her mind to attack, and found one that he saw she was protecting more than the other areas. When he tried to attack it she was able to completely block out and sever his connection to her mind. I still feel that she's far more versatile in her abilities, and that her tk gives her the edge. So I'd say the exact same, but in Psylocke's favor. 
Did this happen in Uncanny X-Force? If so which issue?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.