Emma Frost Second Coming Cover Art Costume?

#1 Posted by Ceddsong (44 posts) - - Show Bio

So I've seen the cover art for the Second Coming issues online but I have yet to look at the interiors or find time to go into a comic book shop. Is the costume portrayed on the front of the issues the one that Emma is wearing now? You know the: white fur trimmed cape, white corset, bikini bottoms., and thigh high boots. Or is that costume just for the covers? Thank you.

#2 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends on the artist & the title.  Some seem keen to depict her in something similar to her old Hellfire Club outfit.  Others try for a variation on that theme, but with skin-tight trousers & a bare belly, while others (like Kaare Andrews) go for something more up-dated & funky.

#3 Posted by Ceddsong (44 posts) - - Show Bio

But will I see the Hellfire costume redux inside of the issue?

#4 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ceddsong: Mostly likely it depends on the artist, it tends to go with the Astonishing arc costume added the huge x symbol between her chest. But I would love to see the Hellfire attire, but the chances of it are highly slim.
#5 Posted by Ceddsong (44 posts) - - Show Bio

That's unfortunate. I was really feeling the one on the second coming covers. I'm a little over the corset with giant red x and the bust line cape.

#6 Posted by Queen's Halo (2431 posts) - - Show Bio

I love that fur-cape. It makes her look so sophisticated and manipulative (in a good way, you know the Emma Frost way). 

#7 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio

The cover costume isnt the same as the one she wears inside the book.  I think though she should merge the 2 costumes and have her astonishing one (corset) without the large red X and have the fur lined cape.  I really like the way some artists are now merging her past costumes with her present though.

#8 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Astonishing X-Men's Emma Frost looks awful.

#9 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody:  

Really? I think Emmas costumes are getting better and better (apart from the Astonishing X-men Xenogenisis mini series)
#10 Posted by nikbackm (184 posts) - - Show Bio
@uncanny89:  I hope you mean especially the one from Xenogenesis.
#11 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio
@nikbackm: I think that the Xenogenesis one is crap tbh, possible her worst yet
#12 Posted by Erik (32767 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the Xenogenesis look. 

#13 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik: Really?
#14 Posted by Erik (32767 posts) - - Show Bio
@uncanny89:  
Yes. 
#15 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio

I just think it looks really awful tbh Her current costumes are fine though

#16 Posted by Erik (32767 posts) - - Show Bio
@uncanny89:  
I do not have a problem with her current costumes either. They are great as well. But I just have a hard time finding something wrong with the ba-donkey-donk costume.  

#17 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik: 
I just think that that costume is trying too hard, yes i know her costumes ussually re like that be come on really half her arse is showing do we really need that?
#18 Posted by Erik (32767 posts) - - Show Bio
@uncanny89:  
None of her arse is showing. In fact, this costume shows less skin than any other costume Emma has ever worn. Just the small of her back and some places on her hands. 
#19 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik: look at the bottom of the costume.   Don't get me wrong i think every one is entitled to their opinion i just happen to disagree with yours.  I think the reason i don't like that costume possible is down to the artists impression of emma, she Imo just doesn't look right. 
#20 Posted by Erik (32767 posts) - - Show Bio
@uncanny89:  
Yeah. The bottom of the costume is layered with more costume. If that was her butt hanging out, when she turns around there would be full display of genitals. There is a clear distinction between the color of the costume and the color of her skin. Use your eyes. 
#21 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik: Your right there is a different colour to the costume when i first looked at it and ever since i just though that was meant to be lighting My bad lol whoops.  I guess im just used to seeing Emma as she looks now and this costume imo is such a departure from the current costume, who knows maybe it will grow to like it.
#22 Posted by Erik (32767 posts) - - Show Bio
@uncanny89:  
It is fine if you do not like it. I just wanted to make sure you did not like it for the right reasons. Since you now know her butt is not hanging out, you can still hate it and I am fine with that. 
#23 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik: lol, now were clear. 
btw do u know if this is taking the  place of astonishing? 
#24 Posted by Erik (32767 posts) - - Show Bio
@uncanny89: I have no idea. 
#25 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik: i think it maybe, sadly
#26 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik:   BTW if you look at the recent previews for the new astonishing x-men that isnt more costume layered its just skin
#27 Posted by G Bird (1280 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik said:
" @uncanny89:  
I do not have a problem with her current costumes either. They are great as well. But I just have a hard time finding something wrong with the ba-donkey-donk costume.  

"
Looks like cottage cheese in a bag lol!
#28 Posted by Jake Fury (18615 posts) - - Show Bio
@G Bird:
it looks like someone drew Kim Kardashian and just didn't pencil in any color.
#29 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7816 posts) - - Show Bio
@G Bird: lol
#30 Posted by Erik (32767 posts) - - Show Bio
@uncanny89 said:
" @erik:   BTW if you look at the recent previews for the new astonishing x-men that isnt more costume layered its just skin "
No. They will not be printing issues of Emma's arse hanging out as a X-Men uniform. Post pictures because all that we have to go on is the picture that I posted with clear color differences between skin and costume that shows only the small of her back, parts of her hands, and her head not covered in uniform. 
#31 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik:   heres the pic 

#32 Posted by Erik (32767 posts) - - Show Bio
@uncanny89:  
I fail to see a picture of her arse hanging out in the picture you posted. That seems to be nothing more than a costume revision or possibly even a colorist mistake. But if they did revise the costume, it still shows her to be wearing a layer under the main body of the costume. A bikini bottom is still another layer and is still not her arse hanging out. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.