Follow

Emma Frost

Character » Emma Frost appears in 6154 issues.

Emma Frost is a fictional character originating from Marvel Comics. Originally starting off as a super villain and enemy of the X-Men, during which she was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost is a powerful mutant telepath who can transform herself into organic diamond. She has become a prominent member of the X-Men. A gifted teacher, Emma is renowned for her beauty, wit, and sense of fashion.

Emma Frost Battles

• 52 results
    EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By EmmaGrace

Does anyone else feel like Emma's fights are really boring to see? I get she is a TP, but she really doesn't even have cool H2H fights in diamond form. Illustrators need to draw her fights with some more hmmph. I mean Storm constantly has lightning all around her, couldn't they give Emma some better diamond brawls? Anyone else agree?
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Amen sister.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Mercy_

Agreed!

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Skaddix

Sure Storm's do generally look better but fight creative has not been high in forever so Frost is not alone. And telepathy just does not look cool, although applications can be.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#5  Edited By xerox_kitty

I always felt that creators rely too heavily on her diamond form to compensate for the lack of "action" with her telepathy.  But more & more she just looks like a glass sculpture instead of a diamond beauty.  Diamonds she catch the light and refract it, creating beautiful sparkles & colours.

EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By EmmaGrace

Yeah and even when she does go diamond, she punches someone and it's over. Theres never anything special about it... She needs more fights like with Sage and Bishop.
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
    @EmmaGrace said:
    Yeah and even when she does go diamond, she punches someone and it's over. Theres never anything special about it... She needs more fights like with Sage and Bishop.
    She did manage to hold off some lizard people in to protect and serve and managed to escape lizard Gambit, Wolverine, Storm and company using diamond form, it was like a page or 2 but showed she isn't a total wimp in a h2h fight.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Big Emma fan but I'mma respectfully disagree. I actually like the lack of h2h fighting concerning Emma, almost like its beneath her to physically engage her opponent. There are enough characters who display amazing visual combat feats. In my opinion its nice to see a character who doesn't need to do much to inflect serious damage. Just my two cents.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#9  Edited By xerox_kitty

@Gambler: I'm half & half on it all. I mean, she's rich, decadent and dressed in white. She shouldn't have to dirty her hands with physical work. On the other hand, it's a physical power that compensates for her relatively unoriginal telepathy that writers seem to struggle with...

But I think she does deserve something a bit more 'flashy' in the art department. Those amazing stand-out panels where the artist spent hours working on it to make it the stand-out moment of the issue. She doesn't seem to get any impressive covers or splash pages, which is why it's always so hard to find a decent & recent image of her for the Emma Frost page.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @xerox-kitty: I see what you're saying and can agree with that, but I'd rather if they just went all out and made her the greatest/undeniably greatest living telepath in the Marvel U and just forfeited the need for any physical battles. There are several poses and or colors that could use for splash pages and visual effects. But if they did spice up her combat prowess I hope they go with something elegant and not something tank like simply because of her diamond forms durability. Her moves should be stylish and fluent yet not necessarily martial arts oriented. I'd actually love to see her pick up Fencing. Maybe jack Pyslocke's ability to create a psi blade but instead Emma forms a diamond Rapier :P
    EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By EmmaGrace
    @xerox-kitty
    Agreed, 100%.
    EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By EmmaGrace
    @god_spawn
    Ooh, I'll have to check that out...
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By Mercy_
    @Gambler
    @xerox-kitty: I see what you're saying and can agree with that, but I'd rather if they just went all out and made her the greatest/undeniably greatest living telepath in the Marvel U and just forfeited the need for any physical battles. There are several poses and or colors that could use for splash pages and visual effects. But if they did spice up her combat prowess I hope they go with something elegant and not something tank like simply because of her diamond forms durability. Her moves should be stylish and fluent yet not necessarily martial arts oriented. I'd actually love to see her pick up Fencing. Maybe jack Pyslocke's ability to create a psi blade but instead Emma forms a diamond Rapier :P
    I adore this post.
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cattlebattle

Was Emma ever suppose to be a good combatant??

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
    @EmmaGrace: X-men Volume 3 issues 7-10.

@cattlebattle
    Not sure, but ever since joining the X-Men, I doubt she would've gone untrained. Everyone on the team should have a basic skill in combatant just incase.
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cattlebattle
    @god_spawn said:

@cattlebattle: Not sure, but ever since joining the X-Men, I doubt she would've gone untrained. Everyone on the team should have a basic skill in combatant just incase.
    If you saw the X-Men anime, Mastermind comments on her martial arts training.......this is as far as I've known about anything she can do combat wise, LOL
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
    @cattlebattle: I hated the anime -_-... anyways she does have ok h2h feats. It's more like they are surprising, she is just good at conjoing the diamond form into her own style. She has shown to hold her own againt Sage and Bishop h2h wise, fight dirty, stood up to the Hulk ...kind of. Fend off some lizard mutated people with kicks and make snarky comments and escape when Gambit, Storm, and Wolverine were turned into lizards, she kinda leaped around jumping on them and such. She isn't completely useless in a h2h situation like some people think she is, she just isn't the best.
    EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By EmmaGrace
    @cattlebattle said:

@god_spawn said:

@cattlebattle: Not sure, but ever since joining the X-Men, I doubt she would've gone untrained. Everyone on the team should have a basic skill in combatant just incase.

If you saw the X-Men anime, Mastermind comments on her martial arts training.......this is as far as I've known about anything she can do combat wise, LOL

Theres a picture of her kicking WWH in a martial-arty kind of way? But in general no, her H2H training and abilities (assuming she has some...) aren't highlighted... Unfortunately.
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
    @EmmaGrace: She really doesn't need them based on her powerset being an Omega Class telepath and all and having a near indestructible diamond body. I'm just glad she has a few feats that shows she isn't utterly retarded in a h2h fight.
    EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By EmmaGrace
    @god_spawn
    Agreed, I just wish they showcased her TP more. Which I realize is difficult, but not impossible..
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
    @EmmaGrace: They showcase her TP enough lol, she has some crazy ways of using it. I want more h2h feats or diamond fights like you said and i don't mind Gambler's idea with the diamond rapier.
    EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By EmmaGrace
    @god_spawn
    Well showcase as in make it look apealing, but as stated TP isn't the most colorful of powers. I'm not a fan of fencing, but some form of diamond swords would be cool. Paired with some extra diamond daggers to throw.
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
    @EmmaGrace: No daggers she'll look too much like...Dagger.
    Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By Son Of Storm
    Do like in the video games. Have her used her telepathy to inflict mental pain. With psychic energy around her hands you get a lethal weapon and a lightshow.
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By cattlebattle
    @god_spawn said:
    @EmmaGrace: She really doesn't need them based on her powerset being an Omega Class telepath and all and having a near indestructible diamond body. I'm just glad she has a few feats that shows she isn't utterly retarded in a h2h fight.
    You hated the Anime?? Wow, your the first I've met  to say that, I'm not saying it was completely amazing or anything, but It was the best venture the X-Men have in animation form ever in my opinion.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#26  Edited By SC  Moderator

To me it would detract from the character and actually make me like her less. Emma is a potent cerebral threat and it would be rather easy for her to amass physical fight skills if she wished, but its in her personality and ego to not want to. To rob her of a personality aspect just so she can look cooler? Emma to me looks cooler, by being wickedly badass and a master not just telepathically, but expert delivery, timing and with that makes her lethal with words. That's where Emma is cool, like when she cut Ms Marvel down to size. That's far more satisfying to see then electric bolts or high kicks. Even the most interesting aspect of her diamond form, is that its suppose to cut her off even more emotionally and give her a crux that can be used to aid the story. (direct physical threat, take the risk to keep team psy linked or cover her own tail) etc I only find emma battles boring when writers don't know how to character her voice well.  

I mean Fraction has given Emma quite a few action, fight scenes, and they sucked compared to the subtle elegance Emma's more psychically minded battles she had written under Whedon, Morrison, Carey and Ellis, which I found pretty captivating. Of course... really just my preference and opinion.  

Also in a way to me, it would be like Emma conceding her TP abilities weren't enough, and she might just be stubborn enough to ignore times that her TP might not be enough. Then again, as with Rachel encounter Emma isn't just raw power, its skill. Any who, just my 2 cents. 

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
    @cattlebattle said:
    @god_spawn said:
    You hated the Anime?? Wow, your the first I've met  to say that, I'm not saying it was completely amazing or anything, but It was the best venture the X-Men have in animation form ever in my opinion.
    I prefered the animated series or X-men evolution.
    EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By EmmaGrace
    @Son Of Storm said:

Do like in the video games. Have her used her telepathy to inflict mental pain. With psychic energy around her hands you get a lethal weapon and a lightshow.

Agreed, to an extent. I don't want her to always look like she's just blasting off enegery out of her hands.
    alicemalice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29  Edited By alicemalice

They've showed her in her backstory comics that she at least knows fencing.  I'm really a fan of mindscape fights and scenarios. Wouldn't mind another!

sputnik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By sputnik

emma is a really cool fighter. why her fights turn up that way is such a muystery...and a bummer.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31  Edited By Timandm
    @EmmaGrace said:
    Does anyone else feel like Emma's fights are really boring to see? I get she is a TP, but she really doesn't even have cool H2H fights in diamond form. Illustrators need to draw her fights with some more hmmph. I mean Storm constantly has lightning all around her, couldn't they give Emma some better diamond brawls? Anyone else agree?
    AB-so-FREAKINGlutely...

Sure, she's not Wolverine (then again, who is) but she's invulnerable and very strong in her diamond form... But even more important than that... She's EMMA!!!!  I can definitely see her getting down and dirty in a fight...  And I mean fighting dirty!  One of the female mods in here, I can't remember who, said a phrase that I love... Something about Emma getting back in touch with her "inner bitch."    I'd like to see some of that "inner bitch" come out in no holds barred, all out, winner take all brawl...
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Timandm
    @Gambler: but I'd rather if they just went all out and made her the greatest/undeniably greatest living telepath in the Marvel U

Actually, one of the things I love about Emma, is that even though she's not as powerful as Xavier or Jean was (although that might have been because of the Pheonix force) is that she's JUST as EFFECTIVE because she's skilled and a great tactical thinker.  She's smart.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@Timandm: I agree, and yet...when you're third on the list of Badass TP's, you end up getting owned by Storm. And that I cant handle.

EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By EmmaGrace
    @Timandm: I agree with every comment. Especially the inner b!tch one. Beyond being a boring character to watch brawl, I'm afraid to say Emma's lost a lot of her cold hard b!tch complexity. Although you could say it's come with character development, I still miss the cruder side of her.
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Timandm
    @Gambler said:

@Timandm: I agree, and yet...when you're third on the list of Badass TP's, you end up getting owned by Storm. And that I cant handle.

I like to pretend that didn't happen... I know it's not a popular opinion in here, but I don't agree with the writers making Storm so powerful telepathically that... Well.. that she owns Emma...
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Timandm
    @EmmaGrace said:
    @Timandm: I agree with every comment. Especially the inner b!tch one. Beyond being a boring character to watch brawl, I'm afraid to say Emma's lost a lot of her cold hard b!tch complexity. Although you could say it's come with character development, I still miss the cruder side of her.
    I think I'm one of the few that want her to break up with Scott so she's not having to stand in his shadow...  I would love to see her go with Wolverine's team after Schism...  and "get back in touch with her inner bitch..." 
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@EmmaGrace said:

I still miss the cruder side of her.

We all do ;)

@Timandm: I try to forget but when I close my eyes.....

EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By EmmaGrace
    @Timandm said:
    @EmmaGrace said:
    I think I'm one of the few that want her to break up with Scott so she's not having to stand in his shadow...  I would love to see her go with Wolverine's team after Schism...  and "get back in touch with her inner bitch..." 
    I might get crucified for saying this, but I agree. She's just become Cyclopes's girlfriend, I don't even know who she is without Scott anymore. She should go for Team Wolvie and regain some over her villainous qualities, become more interesting. Not that I don't love her now!
    EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By EmmaGrace
    @Gambler said:

@EmmaGrace said:

We all do ;)

I'm going to sound completely stupid for asking this, but how do you only quote certain parts? :p It's been bothering me forever now haha.
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Timandm
    @Gambler said:

@EmmaGrace said:

We all do ;)

I guess it's kind of like a kid walking in on their parent's at the wrong time... Some bad memories just stick with you forever....

@EmmaGrace
    Same here.   Also, she needs her own team to lead.  I would love to see her become the new leader of X-Force...  We'd get to see:
    1: Her as a leader.  Emma's a leader.  We need to see more of that. 
    2:  Her darker but more practical side.  She's seen enough of her students die.  She knows how villains work and think.  She knows how heroes work and think.  She's intelligent, tactical, and can be ruthless.
    3: We'd get to see Deadpool getting on her nerves, and her "handling" him....  It could be great. 
    EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By EmmaGrace
    @Timandm: Agreed, I'm tired of just seeing her standing next to Scott, "Yes baby, mhm sounds good babe, whatever you say Scotty." It's embarrassing. The White Queen follows no one, she is a leader.
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Timandm
    @EmmaGrace: I'm going to sound completely stupid for asking this, but how do you only quote certain parts?'

No, you don't sound COMPLETELY stupid... LOL!!!!!!  Yes, that's a joke.

You simply 'reply' instead of 'quote' and then copy and paste the part you want to quote.  At least, that's how I do it...

I'm still trying to figure out you put in someone's name over the link to their page so that people can read it and click on it... etc...  
    EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By EmmaGrace
    @Timandm: Thanks, haha. And I don't know how to do that either, so if you figure it out lemme know.
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Timandm
    @EmmaGrace said:
    @Timandm: Agreed, I'm tired of just seeing her standing next to Scott, "Yes baby, mhm sounds good babe, whatever you say Scotty." It's embarrassing. The White Queen follows no one, she is a leader.
    I can't help but think the writers using Emma like that is just part of the whole, 'packaging of Scott Summers' as the leader of all mutant kind.  The ONE....  Sigh...  He's supposed to be a brilliant tactician, and he takes virtually all the mutants on the planet, puts them in ONE location, a SMALL rock, out in the ocean with open access to all sides.....  Not even within the U.S. Borders so that there would at least be SOME protection... Nope....  What else could he have done to make them a better target... Bad packaging...  I guess, you take a woman like Emma, make her submissive to Scott (As if...), and then have her drool over him and talk about how amazing he is...  I got nauseous when I read the story in which She and Scott went to The Savage Land for a vacation.... There's a scene where Emma and .um... "she devil?" are watching Scott analyzing a fight between two dinosaurs.   And Emma is talking about how amazing he is... RAA-AAALPPH...  Not Emma... SO not Emma...

And you know what is as bad, if not worse?  We NEVER get to see Scott drooling over Emma talking about how amazing she is...   She acts and feels as if she is lucky to be with him, but we NEVER see him feeling lucky to be with her...   She's Emma Freaking Frost, dangit!
    EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By EmmaGrace
    @Timandm said:
    @EmmaGrace said:
    I can't help but think the writers using Emma like that is just part of the whole, 'packaging of Scott Summers' as the leader of all mutant kind.  The ONE....  Sigh...  He's supposed to be a brilliant tactician, and he takes virtually all the mutants on the planet, puts them in ONE location, a SMALL rock, out in the ocean with open access to all sides.....  Not even within the U.S. Borders so that there would at least be SOME protection... Nope....  What else could he have done to make them a better target... Bad packaging...  I guess, you take a woman like Emma, make her submissive to Scott (As if...), and then have her drool over him and talk about how amazing he is...  I got nauseous when I read the story in which She and Scott went to The Savage Land for a vacation.... There's a scene where Emma and .um... "she devil?" are watching Scott analyzing a fight between two dinosaurs.   And Emma is talking about how amazing he is... RAA-AAALPPH...  Not Emma... SO not Emma...  And you know what is as bad, if not worse?  We NEVER get to see Scott drooling over Emma talking about how amazing she is...   She acts and feels as if she is lucky to be with him, but we NEVER see him feeling lucky to be with her...   She's Emma Freaking Frost, dangit!
    Ditto freaking ditto.
    EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By EmmaGrace
    They should make her TP look something like this more often.
    They should make her TP look something like this more often.
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@EmmaGrace: That would actually look pretty cool, almost like how it was in WTXM. And is that Macho Man Randy Savage dressed up as Spider-Man?

EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By EmmaGrace

@god_spawn: Exactly what I was thinking.

And no it's Hercules.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@EmmaGrace: I'd still like a few more h2h showings of her though..

I was kidding >_>

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By CATPANEXE

Personally I think many fight scenes in comic books are weak sauce, though maybe because I've seen it done right (the original b&w run of Ninja Turtles for example),
    and think at least the big two should consider having their talent attend classes in fight choreography.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.