Emma Frost!

#1 Edited by ownsin (142 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, I'm new to marvel and the X-Men universe as i have said before, and i want to ask about Emma Frost she looks like a cool character and i liked her while watching Wolverine and X-Men animation show right now! . I know i can read her profile on comic vine and know everything! but its too long! So i want the short version about her!. Like is she strong? whats her story? what are her abilities? is she considered one of the strongest/best looking characters on X-Men? is she good or bad? etc... i know I'm asking lots of questions, but please bare with me and help me out here, thank you.

P.S: I appreciate anyone helping me out :)

#2 Posted by ownsin (142 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump!

#3 Posted by eldestrisk (637 posts) - - Show Bio

She grew with an abusive father and disfunctional family, so this lead her to find her own way when she discovered her powers, that at the time were only telepathy. She came across Sebastian Shaw and joined the Hellfire Club ahe also used her powers to manipulate people and gain a giant fortune. Years later she was training a group of young mutants called Hellions, sadly they were all killed. This tragic event made her rethink her life and decided to change sides, she quit the Hellfire Club and began a new group of mutants in training to redeem for all her past mistakes, so she trained Generation X alongside Banshee. When the team disbanded she went to Genosha to continue her role as a teacher, the island was a haven for mutants and millions lived there, but the island was attacked by Sentinels sent by Cassandra Nova, most of the population died, Emma managed to survive thanks to the manifestation of her secondary power, that is turning into a living diamond. After that, she decided to join the X-Men and stay with them at the mansion. Not many of the X-Men trusted her, but eventually she gained the trust of the team. After Jean Grey was killed she began a relationship with Cyclops, and now she serves as one of the leaders and most important members.

#4 Posted by Edamame (28160 posts) - - Show Bio
@ownsin said:
Like is she strong? whats her story? what are her abilities? is she considered one of the strongest/best looking characters on X-Men? is she good or bad? etc... i know I'm asking lots of questions, but please bare with me and help me out here, thank you.  P.S: I appreciate anyone helping me out :) "
Define "strong".  Emma Frost is a very skilled telepath. She is almost as good as Charles Xavier. She was able to telepathically stalemate Exodus, as depicted in X-Men: Messiah Complex. She also managed to defeat a relatively inexperienced Rachel and Nate Grey.  However, she is not powerful enough to take down the Shadow King. I would like to see her go up against Mr. Sinister.  

Now, in her diamond form, she has some substantial strength, but certainly wouldn't be able to compete with Colossus.  She grew up with a strict family (her father was very strict) in Massachusetts, and she began to work for Sebastian Shaw with the Hellfire Club. It is also interesting to note that Xavier offered her to come to the X-Mansion to be a student of his, but her father did not allow that.  Then, Emma proceeded to gather a group called the Hellions, whom she taught how to use their powers. 

Her abilities: She is a telepath and can turn her body into organic diamond form.

I personally think that her "good-lookingness" depends on who the artist is. LOL 

I think that she is neither good, nor bad. She simply has her own way of doing things. She is often untrustworthy, especially in the beginning, but seems to have no obvious malicious intentions.    
#5 Posted by eldestrisk (637 posts) - - Show Bio
@ownsin: Hope this was helpful to you. And welcome to the world of the X-Men. =)
#6 Edited by ownsin (142 posts) - - Show Bio
@eldestrisk:  Thanks a lot to you and Edamae! it was very helpful, but i have a question question! is Jean Grey good or bad? also is she dead right now? and can gambit beat Emma?
#7 Posted by eldestrisk (637 posts) - - Show Bio
@ownsin said:
" @eldestrisk:  Thanks a lot to you and Edamae! it was very helpful, but i have a question question! is Jean Grey good or bad? also is she dead right now? and can gambit beat Emma? "
Jean Grey has always been good. Now, Dark Phoenix is a whole other story. And yes, she is dead right now, has been since 2004. And Gambit would beat Emma hand to hand no doubt, but she can easily take him down with a telepathic blast, also in her diamond form it would be very difficult for Gambit to hurt her. So I have to say that probably Emma would be the winner.
#8 Posted by ownsin (142 posts) - - Show Bio
@eldestrisk said:
" @ownsin said:
" @eldestrisk:  Thanks a lot to you and Edamae! it was very helpful, but i have a question question! is Jean Grey good or bad? also is she dead right now? and can gambit beat Emma? "
Jean Grey has always been good. Now, Dark Phoenix is a whole other story. And yes, she is dead right now, has been since 2004. And Gambit would beat Emma hand to hand no doubt, but she can easily take him down with a telepathic blast, also in her diamond form it would be very difficult for Gambit to hurt her. So I have to say that probably Emma would be the winner. "
How about New Son Gambit, can she beat that? or ?
#9 Posted by eldestrisk (637 posts) - - Show Bio
@ownsin said:
" @eldestrisk said:
" @ownsin said:
Jean Grey has always been good. Now, Dark Phoenix is a whole other story. And yes, she is dead right now, has been since 2004. And Gambit would beat Emma hand to hand no doubt, but she can easily take him down with a telepathic blast, also in her diamond form it would be very difficult for Gambit to hurt her. So I have to say that probably Emma would be the winner. "
How about New Son Gambit, can she beat that? or ? "
I don't think she could beat him. I'm surprised you know about New Son. xD
#10 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18855 posts) - - Show Bio
@ownsin: Technically Jean Grey isn't really dead, her soul? i think whatever it is, is completely one with the phoenix right now. And she is searching around the universe for the rest of the pieces of the Phoenix Force. Which explains why the Stepford Cuckoos (clones of Emma Frost) and Rachel Grey have lost their pieces of the Force. So she'll be returning soon.
#11 Edited by ownsin (142 posts) - - Show Bio
@eldestrisk:  hehe well i read it at a forum like 2 days ago, since i liked Gambit's character and wanted to know more about him! New Son is good right? he helped stop some bad guy or something xD.
#12 Posted by Mercy_ (92698 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx
@ownsin: Technically Jean Grey isn't really dead, her soul? i think whatever it is, is completely one with the phoenix right now. And she is searching around the universe for the rest of the pieces of the Phoenix Force. Which explains why the Stepford Cuckoos (clones of Emma Frost) and Rachel Grey have lost their pieces of the Force. So she'll be returning soon.
That's correct.
#13 Posted by Edamame (28160 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
" So she'll be returning soon. "

She's holding her right here. 
LOL Just kidding.
#14 Edited by CellphoneGirl (18855 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: No silly :P that is someone called Hope :P lmfao (Hope you know i'm kidding >.>)
#15 Posted by Mercy_ (92698 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
" So she'll be returning soon. "

She's holding her right here.  LOL Just kidding. "
Did you see this? I can't remember if you posted in there or not. :P
#16 Posted by hydrabob--defunct (14860 posts) - - Show Bio

Well she is definitely one of the hottest X-Men around 

#17 Posted by ownsin (142 posts) - - Show Bio
@hydrabob: Who is? also is Gambit good or bad? I'm confused?
#18 Posted by VillainousV (1419 posts) - - Show Bio
@hydrabob said:
" Well she is definitely one of the hottest X-Men around  "
::D
#19 Posted by hydrabob--defunct (14860 posts) - - Show Bio
@ownsin said:
" @hydrabob: Who is? also is Gambit good or bad? I'm confused? "
1. Emma Frost
2. Gambit will protect those close to him but can't really be called good kinda like Wolverine
3. that will happen alot
#20 Posted by Edamame (28160 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx: @The Dark Huntress: LOL I know. I was just playing on the rumor that Hope Summers was actually Jean Grey. 

There was also that image showing Hope saying "Prepare." to Emma Frost at the end of X-Men: Second Coming. I don't know if that is indicative of something.  
#21 Edited by Mercy_ (92698 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: That was her repeating what Jean said to her during Sisterhood, which was indicative of the PF, IMO, as well as the return of Jean, since she's collecting pieces of the PF.
#22 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18855 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @Edamame: That was her repeating what Jean said to her during Sisterhood, which was indicative of the PF, IMO, as well as the return of Jean, since she's collecting pieces of the PF. "
True Story :]
#23 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @xxCellPhoneGirlxx
That's correct. "

Ugh, really? I hate Jean, she really needs to stay dead. Stupid Marvel >_> 

As for the thread, Emma Frost is the best X-Woman by far.
#24 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19833 posts) - - Show Bio

I have respect for Emma . 
Back when Rogue couldn't touch anybody, she tried helping her and Gambit have a telepathic relationship . 
I also think Emma and Scott make a good couple :)

#25 Posted by Edamame (28160 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
 I hate Jean, she really needs to stay dead.
LOL As long as the Phoenix Force is still around, Jean Grey will never "stay dead". 

@The Dark Huntress said:
" @Edamame: That was her repeating what Jean said to her during Sisterhood, which was indicative of the PF, IMO, as well as the return of Jean, since she's collecting pieces of the PF. "
How did Hope Summers know what Jean said though? I agree with your assumptions/opinions toward the end of your post. 
#26 Posted by Mercy_ (92698 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
 I hate Jean, she really needs to stay dead.
LOL As long as the Phoenix Force is still around, Jean Grey will never "stay dead". 

@The Dark Huntress said:
How did Hope Summers know what Jean said though? I agree with your assumptions/opinions toward the end of your post.  "
She didn't. My theory is that it was the Phoenix Force speaking through her.  
#27 Posted by Edamame (28160 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @She didn't. My theory is that it was the Phoenix Force speaking through her.   "
I see.    Interesting. 
#28 Posted by Justinit4theforums (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Some people regard Emma Frost as un-killable, I didn't use immortal because she will die of old age eventually. When Emma enters her diamond form, she is still sentient. Even when "some one" shot her and shattered her to bits, a competent telepath can still sense her "presence". A skilled telekinetic can reform her shattered diamond body leaving no trace that her body was completely destroyed. 

#29 Posted by Mercy_ (92698 posts) - - Show Bio
@Justinit4theforums said:
" Some people regard Emma Frost as un-killable, I didn't use immortal because she will die of old age eventually. When Emma enters her diamond form, she is still sentient. Even when "some one" shot her and shattered her to bits, a competent telepath can still sense her "presence". A skilled telekinetic can reform her shattered diamond body leaving no trace that her body was completely destroyed.  "
She's not un-killable by any means. Get her while she's in her regular form with a sniper bullet through the forehead and you're all set. That's only one out of numerous ways to do it. 
#30 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13174 posts) - - Show Bio
@eldestrisk:
what do you mean AFTER jean grey died?
#31 Posted by Justinit4theforums (8 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: During "Astonishing X-men", When Emma asked Danger to kill her, it took a "while" because Em's diamond body kept popping up unconsciously. It might be her sub-conscious telling her that there's danger for her and changes automatically. Btw, how could a person possibly sneak up on a telepath? (rhetorical)   
#32 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio
@Justinit4theforums: It is possible, when Betsy first changed into Kwannons body a few peole snuck up on her and she is one of the best telepaths,  no i know Emma is a much more skilled telepath but it could still happen.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.