Emma and Scott's future?

• 59 results
#1 Edited by LadyHarley (50 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott Summers and Emma Frost have been together for years now and have been one of the X-Men's most prominent couples. Scott and Emma have been there for each other through thick and thin.

Lately, though Emma's admitted that she feels she has been taken granted by Scott. An example of this is from Regenesis. Emma is quoted as saying: "I've sacrificed so much of what I love to be here with you." I do agree with her on this.

But here's my main concern. There's Namor, who has been flirty comments with her and making advances towards her with promises of a fulfilling relationship. I thought this was a flirtation at first, but she shows signs of being receptive to him, more likely to the offers his making, not Namor himself, but this is just the way I perceive it. I'm not sure how everyone else interprets their relationship.

Then in the "Things to Come" preview page in UXM 1, Namor and Emma are kissing. I'm not believing this until I actually see it. Emma been in love with Scott for years and I refuse to believe that she would kiss Namor. But for arguments sake, let's just say it does happen.

I don't know if this is just some misleading spoiler that will be a part of some plot line where they're forced to kiss and only there for shock-value. But honestly, I highly doubt this. It's on the preview page for a reason, and I'm not looking forward to the disintegration of Scott and Emma's relationship if that is path Marvel is planning.

I honestly don't want them to break up. At first I didn't like them because of the origins of their relationship and the Jean-Scott-Emma triangle. But they grew on me and Emma became one of my favourite characters. Emma is fierce and capable but lately the this former villain seems to be be just Scott Summers' "girlfriend" rather than "partner". I should of known better than to think that Emma and Scott's relationship would remain safe.

I'm just over-thinking this but what are your thoughts of Scott and Emma's future together? Is it going to last or fall apart? I want to hear people's thoughts on this.

#2 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

We just saw a Scott/Storm kiss in a preview and it meant nothing. I refuse to be shocked until it's actually on the page, and even then I'd probably just be disappointed.

#3 Posted by Cale_Michael (21 posts) - - Show Bio

What happened to the rest of Namor's thumb?

#4 Posted by maikkywin (100 posts) - - Show Bio

Cylopsy going to get the harem ending with Emma / Storm / Phoenix .

Its a win win for everyone .

#5 Posted by Mercy_ (92501 posts) - - Show Bio

When has she ever shown signs of being receptive to Namor other than covers and teasers that have ultimately panned out to be nothing but that - teasers. On the contrary, at every turn, she has shunned him, the most recent of these occasions was in Uncanny X-Men #3.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. They make each other better and provide a perfect counter part to the other. Were they to break up, Emma would do better without Scott than Scott would do without Emma.

@maikkywin said:

You'll like

#6 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@maikkywin said:

Indeed ,this is the natural progression of things

#7 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

Very few Marvel couples stand the test of time.

#8 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

- It may be years from now, but the relationship will end, they are finally admitting that each of their directions are getting farther and farther apart. Cyclops is positioning Utopia more and more like a military base and Emma no matter how she feels about Scott personally will find it dividing them more and more over time.

- Scott will put Utopia ahead of her one time too many and one will leave the other, if it happens I hope they do a better job of explaining the breakup than they did the get together

#9 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

So long Emma when Jean comes back.

#10 Posted by Mercy_ (92501 posts) - - Show Bio

@Daveyo520 said:

I heartily disagree.

#11 Posted by doddy (248 posts) - - Show Bio

without a doubt, they are my favorite couple in comics, i really hope it lasts

#12 Posted by doddy (248 posts) - - Show Bio

but the truth is that emma dissolved her corporate holdings to support scott’s dream, she knew that she'd sacrificed so much of what she love to be with him but still did that

#13 Posted by kamionero (312 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

@Daveyo520 said:

I heartily disagree.

Agreed. Jean already gave them her blessing anyways.

Gotta keep in mind that Scott and Emma aren't Reed and Sue. They arent as square, they are fairly liberal in and out of the bedroom. A little Namor wont really get in their way. As long as its not Wolverine...

#14 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress: Tell that to Scott.

#15 Posted by davelecave (1113 posts) - - Show Bio

I just want everyone in the Marvel U to realize Cyclops is a d-bag and no go out with him for a while.

#16 Edited by nyx (114 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Marvel is really planting the seeds of discord for Scott and Emma. Namor's been convinced Emma would be his again since Dark Reign, but suddenly he's aggressively pursuing Emma? All the while, Emma's been shuffled into the background as the arm adornment while Scott laces his fingers together in an armchair, plotting. Give her some ears, a tail, and you have Mr. Bigglesworth! She used to be a force to be reckoned with! Now, 80% of the time, Emma is always depicted standing behind Scott, hovering like a well trained pet, waiting to sicked on someone.

I will admit, though, I think it would be fascinating to see Emma and Namor together. Two large egos constantly battling for dominance? And imagine the effect it would have on Scott. He's already more Magneto-like than ever before; if Emma went to Namor, it would push him over the edge. How often do you see heroes becoming villains without mind control, possession, or an alternate universe being involved?

#17 Posted by Mercy_ (92501 posts) - - Show Bio

@davelecave said:

I just want everyone in the Marvel U to realize Cyclops is a d-bag and no go out with him for a while.

I think this pretty much says everything that I need to.

@Daveyo520 said:

Scott has already chosen Emma over Jean. On multiple occasions.

#18 Edited by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress: Shhh. I will use my really old X-Men status quo as truth!

#19 Posted by Lokheit (492 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

@davelecave said:

I think this pretty much says everything that I need to.

@Daveyo520 said:

Scott has already chosen Emma over Jean. On multiple occasions.

+1, you said everything I was going to say about both matters, but with less words :)

#20 Edited by davelecave (1113 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress: Alright maybe I overstated it a little, but the guy is a downer.

#21 Posted by Mercy_ (92501 posts) - - Show Bio

@davelecave said:

@The Dark Huntress: Alright maybe a I overstated a little, but the guy is a downer.

What do you expect? The weight of an entire species, a dying one at that, rests on his shoulders. He's had to make the tough decisions, the decisions that nobody else was equipped to make in order to save them from extinction. He lost a lot of his humanity in the process, he sacrificed a whole hell of a lot in order to sustain mutants. Put in his position, I'm pretty sure you'd be a bit of a downer as well.

As Tess Mercer said:

the mark of a true hero is somebody who's willing to sacrifice his own personal morality to help keep the world safe.

And that is exactly what Scott Summers has done.

@Daveyo520: Boooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

#22 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress: I'll pretend that is a boo of praise. (I may have not kept up with what is going on with the X-mans)

#23 Posted by LadyHarley (50 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott does take a lot of crap from people sometimes. People always seem to look at the all the bad choices he's made and not his good, self-sacrificing choices. There's a reason why he's the leader: because he's made the difficult choices no one else was willing to make in order to save his kind.

Epic Win for the Tess Mercer quote! Love her:)

#24 Posted by Mercy_ (92501 posts) - - Show Bio

@LadyHarley: Oh, I like you :D

#25 Posted by RogueOracle (242 posts) - - Show Bio

Sort of relating to the question, what would happen if Emma and Scott marry? I mean, they've been together for a while, but haven't really discussed their future. I completely understand his concern for the mutant race and it's near extinction, but Emma commented in the last Uncanny that Scott seem to be more focused on his work.

#26 Posted by God_Spawn (37307 posts) - - Show Bio

@RogueOracle said:

Sort of relating to the question, what would happen if Emma and Scott marry? I mean, they've been together for a while, but haven't really discussed their future. I completely understand his concern for the mutant race and it's near extinction, but Emma commented in the last Uncanny that Scott seem to be more focused on his work.

We were also reminded that Scott loves Emma in the issue of Uncanny 8 by the Apex. In the last issue something seemed to really be bugging Scott hence why he was asking the Cuckoos every 10 minutes for a mission. I took Emma's comment more of a red flag that something was wrong or something was coming more than he was really focused on his work. And Scott has said before if he lost Emma he would be forced to go deeper in his work, so she is kind of the last thing holding him from going over the deep end.

Moderator Online
#27 Posted by Duchess (5995 posts) - - Show Bio

For some reason I like just having them be dating. It suits them...for now.

#28 Posted by God_Spawn (37307 posts) - - Show Bio

@Duchess said:

Agreed.

Moderator Online
#29 Posted by RogueOracle (242 posts) - - Show Bio

@Duchess said:

Definitely. Plus, Scott would be up to his, what, third marriage? (don't mean that in a bad way, just humorously:).

#30 Posted by dm_jlifan (24 posts) - - Show Bio

The relationship is going to be dead soon, Gillen has been planting seeds for a bit now and Uncanny #10 pretty much ramps it up. I hate where this is going so I might just drop the series soon. Breaking up Scott/Emma ( the only two I care about in Uncanny) might just be it for me. I like Gillen's writing and he's done wonders with the villains but the double shipping, Namor being shoe horned as an X-Man and the break up is all I can take. Also, I'm enjoying Wolverine and the X-men a bit more (even though i sided with Cyclops in Schism), I can get all my X-men fix from that.

#31 Posted by Rickbarry (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, I don't think it'll die and if it does I'll doubt she'll shack up with Namor. She's stated a time or two that she wants to teach. Namor doesn't seem the type to have a heavy educational program in Atlantis. It seems mostly militant.

'Course she did try to give Namor a dutch rudder in front of the guy...so who knows.

#32 Posted by God_Spawn (37307 posts) - - Show Bio

@dm_jlifan said:

The relationship is going to be dead soon, Gillen has been planting seeds for a bit now and Uncanny #10 pretty much ramps it up. I hate where this is going so I might just drop the series soon. Breaking up Scott/Emma ( the only two I care about in Uncanny) might just be it for me. I like Gillen's writing and he's done wonders with the villains but the double shipping, Namor being shoe horned as an X-Man and the break up is all I can take. Also, I'm enjoying Wolverine and the X-men a bit more (even though i sided with Cyclops in Schism), I can get all my X-men fix from that.

Doubtful on all counts.

Moderator Online
#33 Posted by God_Spawn (37307 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt they will break them up. They might have another fight or two but as usual they will probably get over it. Also, Namor won't be the one that breaks them up. I'm positive on that.

Moderator Online
#34 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the Emma/Scott relationship, but imo Scott's true love will always be Jean. She'll always be his "true calling" so to speak. Not saying that he doesn't love Emma, he does, I'd be an imbecile to argue that.

#35 Posted by God_Spawn (37307 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

I like the Emma/Scott relationship, but imo Scott's true love will always be Jean. She'll always be his "true calling" so to speak. Not saying that he doesn't love Emma, he does, I'd be an imbecile to argue that.

Jean was Scott's first and longest love, no surprise he gets ticked off when someone mentions her. He's said it a few times he loves Emma over Jean and as far as I'm concerned the Jean and Scott ship has long set sailed and Emma is his true calling and has done more for him as a character than Jean ever did. I'm not saying this because both are my favorite characters, I'm saying this cause it's how I see it.

Moderator Online
#36 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@ReVamp said:

Jean was Scott's first and longest love, no surprise he gets ticked off when someone mentions her. He's said it a few times he loves Emma over Jean and as far as I'm concerned the Jean and Scott ship has long set sailed and Emma is his true calling and has done more for him as a character than Jean ever did. I'm not saying this because both are my favorite characters, I'm saying this cause it's how I see it.

While I respect that, I thoroughly disagree. With Jean he came to be what he was born to be, with Emma its love, but not the "soulmates" love that I felt with Jean. Don't get me wrong, if Jean comes back I hope she goes screw Wolverine and all that, but look beyond the present and the imminent future, that's how I see it.

#37 Posted by God_Spawn (37307 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: I think if she ever does come back, she would most likely end up with Wolverine. But since we are at odds in our opinions I will respect yours as well.

Moderator Online
#38 Posted by Mercy_ (92501 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn

@ReVamp said:

I love you.
#39 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_: Feeling your love. =P

@god_spawn said:

@ReVamp: I think if she ever does come back, she would most likely end up with Wolverine. But since we are at odds in our opinions I will respect yours as well.

I feel that way too. Regardless, I think we agree that Marvel would be beyond stupid to break up everything that Emma and Scott has for Jean (and knowing Marvel, they'll most likely do it just to fck with us). Emma and Scott should be together for the foreseeable future imo, I think we agree in that at least.

I think my opinion resumes itself in: Yes, Scott and Emma are beautiful in what they've done, but I think Jean and Scott were more destined so.

#40 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

Though the more I debate this, the more I'm swayed :/

#41 Posted by God_Spawn (37307 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: I think they will be together for awhile too, Marvel makes too much money off them. Em and Scott are one of if not the biggest couple currently in Marvel so they are definitely a cash cow. I think a reason I see with what you are trying to say is that Jean and Scott are destined because they are more iconic. Virtually all cartoons and shows that the X-men have done, Jean usually ended up with Scott despite Emma and Scott being together for awhile now. They just aren't as iconic but currently are very popular.

Moderator Online
#42 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess that could be an interpretation of my opinion.

#43 Posted by RogueOracle (242 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean and Scott have had decades of being together, so it will take a while for Emma and Scott to reach an iconic status. But Scott and Emma are the better couple IMO. I only started to like Scott on Whedon's run and Emma in Morrison's. (Whedon actually made Scott into a competent leader, not one who b*tches about his power every two seconds like he used to do. I mean he improved him so much). Scott and Emma compliment each other, though the recent issue of Uncanny kind of made me want more of a reaction from Scott. The problem with Scott seems to be is that his ladies always get attracted to Alpha males (e.g Wolverine and Namor).

#44 Posted by Dernman (14726 posts) - - Show Bio

It almost seems to me they are leading up to a break up with Scott and Emma.

#45 Posted by RogueOracle (242 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman: They have been steady for a while. So they would probably want to shake up their relationship most definitely.

#46 Posted by God_Spawn (37307 posts) - - Show Bio

@RogueOracle said:

@Dernman: They have been steady for a while. So they would probably want to shake up their relationship most definitely.

Probably is another shake up. I still doubt they are breaking them up anytime soon though.

Moderator Online
#47 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Emma should get with Namor she doesn't need to be leeched to Scott to be an X-Man anymore.

#48 Posted by RogueOracle (242 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: @god_spawn said:

@RogueOracle said:

Probably is another shake up. I still doubt they are breaking them up anytime soon though.

True. They wouldn't break up one of their most prominent X-couples. I'm just worried about what the writers would do, especially with Namor hanging around.

#49 Posted by God_Spawn (37307 posts) - - Show Bio

@RogueOracle: I'm not too worried. It's not like they haven't had this stint with Emma and Namor done in the past quite a few times and the result has always been the same. I think what they could be planning is making Scott more aggressive when it comes to Emma, he did get pretty pissed off when Unit hit her and Namor with the pheromone blast and then made that quip so Summers blasted him through a bunch of trees. Unfortunately, Emma was in the middle of a fishstick boink fest to notice. In Scott's defense he was trying to be understanding since she had no choice in the matter, but in Em's defense, it was close to sex which is something sacred between the two and she probably wanted a bit more passion from him. Also, they are Gillen's favorite couple to write so it's entirely possible he is putting some strain on the relationship to make it stronger in the end with some form of realization from the two like if Scott did get more passionate about things like that happened.

Moderator Online
#50 Posted by RogueOracle (242 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: That actually clarified a few things up for me:) I assumed that the confrontation between Emma and Scott was that Scott was being rather...mechanical? Like he didn't care almost. But now that I think about it I can understand he's reaction.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.