Emma and Professor X

#1 Posted by Darksteelwing (78 posts) - - Show Bio

I found some rumors around the internet about the X-Men: First Class movie's plotline. It is possible that in the movie there will be a love triangle between Magneto, Professor X and... Emma Frost.
I know it's just a rumour but it got me thinking about her relationship with Xavier in the comics. I mean, I know that in the Ultimate universe they used to be an item, but was there any kind of tension between them in Earth 616 as well?

#2 Posted by Edamame (27935 posts) - - Show Bio

A three-some relationship? 

Not sure.  : (

#3 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds like a terrible rumour based on the Ultimate Xavier & Frost. 

Now, if it was Amelia Voght, then I'd find that believable!

#4 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: I doubt that there will be any relationship between Emma and Xavier  IMO Emma is going to be the white queen seeing as Kevin Bacon is Sebastian Shaw and we will see the hellfire club which will probably mean we will be seeing the hellions and that is where the main conflict of the film will be.  Now which mutants will actually be Hellions i have no idea but i very much doubt that they will be using the original ones
#5 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio
@Darksteelwing said:
" I found some rumors around the internet about the X-Men: First Class movie's plotline. It is possible that in the movie there will be a love triangle between Magneto, Professor X and... Emma Frost. I know it's just a rumour but it got me thinking about her relationship with Xavier in the comics. I mean, I know that in the Ultimate universe they used to be an item, but was there any kind of tension between them in Earth 616 as well? "
i poop on this rumor.
#6 Posted by Darksteelwing (78 posts) - - Show Bio
@uncanny89: Bacon was confirmed to play Sebastian Shaw?! I thought that was a rumor too.
#7 Posted by Craig Lovecraft (202 posts) - - Show Bio

Tthe more I hear about this movie, the less excited I get about it.

#8 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio
@Darksteelwing: was it, oh right i thought it was confirmed.  whoops lol
#9 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio
@uncanny89 said:
" @xerox-kitty: I doubt that there will be any relationship between Emma and Xavier  IMO Emma is going to be the white queen seeing as Kevin Bacon is Sebastian Shaw and we will see the hellfire club which will probably mean we will be seeing the hellions and that is where the main conflict of the film will be.  Now which mutants will actually be Hellions i have no idea but i very much doubt that they will be using the original ones "

Where did I say there would be a relationship between Emma & Xavier?  I don't want that.  I hate the idea.  I said it's a rumour probably based on the Ultimate Universe. 

And as Darkwingsteel pointed out, no-one knows who Kevin Bacon will be playing yet.  This entire thread is based on rumours. 
#10 Posted by Darksteelwing (78 posts) - - Show Bio

@uncanny89: No problem. There's so many rumours about this movie that it's getting really confusing. I definetly should stop searching the internet for info and just wait for its release.

@xerox-kitty said:

And as Darkwingsteel pointed out, no-one knows who Kevin Bacon will be playing yet.  This entire thread is based on rumours.  "

Maybe I did wrong talking about that rumour here. I just wanted to explain why I brought the question up. 
Being a rumour, it could be inaccurate or simply wrong, but if someone took their time to write about it on the internet, they probably took the idea from somewhere. I wanted to know if the idea came from the ultimate universe or if it actually happened on the mainstream one.  
And just to be picky... it's Darksteelwing =P
#11 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see the rumour actually happening. 
Since Alice Eve is only 2 or 3 years younger than  James McAvoy (Prof X) and Michael Fassbender (Mangneto)  and is notably older than Nicholas Hoult (Beast) and Caleb Landry Jones (Banshee).

So I think this maybe the case. But all in all, it still is just a rumour. [: so we can only speculate until the official casting is release ... which better be soon! I'm getting whiplash from all these rumours.

#12 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope not. 

#13 Edited by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it’s something one of the students in the mansion would say or criminals say at the bar.  There has been enough odd sexual tension with the X-Men. Magneto with Jean Grey, Kitty with Colossus, and here is a big one Gambit with 13 year old student named Fox. Fox turned out to be Mystique and she wanted to ruin his relationship with Rouge. She even transform to her stepdaughter to mess that relationship more.    

#14 Posted by Jake Fury (18113 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, Chucky loves the redheads....
#15 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio

ugh, I really hope not 
that seems unnecessary
#16 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

If any of those three have sex with each other, I'll lose it.

#17 Posted by xmenfallen (1385 posts) - - Show Bio

ewwwwww

#18 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio

seriously cant wait for this film to come out, were getting the Hellfire Club :D  

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.