Emma and Namor

#1 Edited by Bubbly Bunny (74 posts) - - Show Bio

UNCANNY X-MEN #527    
#2 Posted by Bubbly Bunny (74 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope this doesn't happen I've come to really love the Emma/Cyclops relationship. What is with Namor dating the taken blondes on a team. He's the freaking king of the sea can't he get his own girl!

#3 Posted by kerukun878 (373 posts) - - Show Bio

Well.... If this does happen Cyke will go for Xavier. No doubt.

#4 Posted by Darksteelwing (78 posts) - - Show Bio

It's probably just for shock value. Matt Fraction is going to write this issue and he's admitedly a fan of Emma/Cyclops.

#5 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio
@Darksteelwing:   Lets just hope it stays that way
#6 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio
UNCANNY X-MEN #527
Written by MATT FRACTION
Penciled by WHILCE PORTACIO
Cover by TERRY DODSON
Women of Marvel Frame Variant by TBA
“THE FIVE LIGHTS,” The fallout of SECOND COMING is still taking its toll on the X-Men. We can’t tell you anything else until the end of SECOND COMING! Part 2 (of 5)  

I seriously doubt that  the cover reflects the internal story.  However, as Matt Fraction is still on Uncanny & this is after Second Coming, then I'm not going to buy this issue.
#7 Posted by MoonstoneEvil (138 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: Hopefully the cover doesn't reflect the internal story...
#8 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty:   lol, when do you think hes going to leave?  I just hope he is replaced by Kyle and Yost
#9 Posted by jlat89 (317 posts) - - Show Bio
@uncanny89 said:
" @xerox-kitty:   lol, when do you think hes going to leave?  I just hope he is replaced by Kyle and Yost "
that is by far the best idea I've heard in a long time.  
I hope this cover is one of those "I'm going to put a shocking cover to get fans to read this issue" covers.  Scott/Emma is one of the best things that they've done.
#10 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio
@uncanny89 said:
" @xerox-kitty:   lol, when do you think hes going to leave?  I just hope he is replaced by Kyle and Yost "

Not soon enough!  Heck, even if it was announced today that he's leaving Uncanny... it would be too late!   

Time for someone to Bump the petition to get Kyle & Yost on Uncanny thread.
#11 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty:   I wonder if thats whats going to happen.  X-force is finishing after second coming and Fraction is going to be writing thor isnt he so maybe they are going to switch things up.
#12 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio
@uncanny89: He's still the solicited writer for Uncanny for August.  I suspect he'll be on Uncanny for a long time yet :(
#13 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty:   Who knows maybe he will be stepping down next year writers don't really stay on a series too long and i think 3 years is going to be enough of fraction 
#14 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio
@uncanny89: Or maybe he's going to try & rival Chris Claremont's impressive run on Uncanny?? God, now that's scary!
#15 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty:   now then lets just forget you said that lol
#16 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

Tension between Namor, Emma and Cyclops is fine. But no, I don't think anything will happen. Namor might kiss her but then she'll blast him back with a psychic blast or turn to diamond and kick his ass.

#17 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't even see them as a couple!  I know that Namor has a history of trying to seduce other heroes' blondes... but Emma & Namor are too busy trying to condescend to each other to have an affair ;)

#18 Posted by MissPower (36 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like that cover! :D It's a shame that he couldn't use the same art , back when he did the interior art, for uncanny...

#19 Posted by Bubbly Bunny (74 posts) - - Show Bio
@kerukun878: Or he's gonna  end up having angry sex with Wolverine. 
#20 Posted by Taima Cha'Tima (262 posts) - - Show Bio

She fantasized about him before in Nation X #4

#21 Posted by kerukun878 (373 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bubbly Bunny: But Wolvie isn't a telepath. xD
#22 Posted by Bubbly Bunny (74 posts) - - Show Bio
@kerukun878: Ya but ya gotta admit one day their fighting is gonna lead to something more. 
#23 Posted by kerukun878 (373 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bubbly Bunny: Hmmmmm. Maybe.
#24 Edited by nyx (114 posts) - - Show Bio

No way Emma's cheating on Scott.  Look at the cover art.  Emma's thumb is visible, so she is not gripping Namor back.  He's puckering up and Emma looks like she's pulling back.  If Namor manages to land a kiss on her, I'm pretty sure it will be closely followed by a psi-bolt to his Spock-ish head.  :)  But I have to admit, the two of them together would be something to see.  Two huge egos, the need to be in control, snobs; my guess is they'd fight all the time.

#25 Posted by Bestostero (5611 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually wouldn't mind the Emma and Namor pairing...  though I think its unlikely... I think a lot of covers have nothing to do with the content of the story, i know plenty of issues where they have characters on the cover that arent even inside the comic lol

Namor certainly have a thing for the blondes...taken blondes at that lol  hmm randomness, but apparently blondes can be spelled blonds...lol

#26 Posted by Mutant God (2999 posts) - - Show Bio

In the issue Namor hits on Emma and she rejects him by praising Scott
#27 Posted by oiHooliganismoi (518 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: opposites attract

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.