Diamond Form Theory

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by EmmaGrace (1024 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay so if Emma does not age in diamond form, after multiple small periods of time in it wouldn't she eventually gain a larger age gap between the other team members?
#2 Posted by PowerHerc (83401 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure, but it would require a lot of time spent in diamond form before the widening of the gap would become noticable.
#3 Posted by EmmaGrace (1024 posts) - - Show Bio

True, it probably never would get noticable. She'd have to spend a total of 365 days in it just for a year which no one would really notice. It's still a strange concept that the rest of the team would start aging without her haha.
#4 Posted by Kimmy (203 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine ages slowly ;)

#5 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18854 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually Ruby Summers has been in her Ruby form for a really really long period. 

Here is what it's says on her wiki page here  

She has an invulnerable gemstone form:  red ruby with blond hair. This form can be maintained for decades, and prevents aging and the need for food, water, and oxygen. However, she doesn't know what will happen if she were to return to her normal state. 

So i'm guessing Emma would be similar to that since it's her daughter from the future.
#6 Posted by Kimmy (203 posts) - - Show Bio

and the side effects to her switching back is unknown.

#7 Posted by Mercy_ (92685 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kimmy said:
and the side effects to her switching back is unknown.
Well, it would stand to reason that Ruby's organic ruby form functions in a similar (if not the same) was as Emma's diamond form, with the difference of Ruby still being able to feel emotions. In the Summers Rebellion arc we learn that she's been in that form for something around eighty years IIRC and is afraid to switch back for fear of aging at a rapid rate. So it would stand to reason that the same is possible if Emma does spend an extremely extended amount of time in her diamond form. 

@xxCellPhoneGirlxx: Exactly. 
#8 Posted by SC (12967 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma is probably too vain to stay in diamond form that long darlings. Her complexion cost too much money to be wasted and some times a delicate touch is necessary for some situations. Like slapping people. Emma likes to slap people. Not kill them. In diamond form, slap and kill people? Or shift out and slap people and laugh. Oh and plus the emotions thing as DH points out. 

#9 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18854 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: I'm still waiting for her to be introduced to 616 :P
#10 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio

that's an interesting theory

I'd love to see them explore that further in future issues

like maybe,  look into the distant future, where Emma is still alive and kicking and looking amazingly young

#11 Posted by Stuka69 (117 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:
Sure, but it would require a lot of time spent in diamond form before the widening of the gap would become noticable.
Somehow that sounded...dirty!
#12 Posted by PowerHerc (83401 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stuka69
Hah!

I suppose it did, huh? lol

#13 Posted by Stuka69 (117 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:

@Stuka69
Hah!

I suppose it did, huh? lol

You know it did! ;-)
#14 Posted by Mercy_ (92685 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
@The Dark Huntress: I'm still waiting for her to be introduced to 616 :P
I can wait. They have enough messes happening right now. My hope is that when/if/however she's introduced into 616, that PAD is going to be the one writing her.
#15 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

For a start, Ruby Summers isn't from Earth-616 continuity.  Also, I don't believe PAD's X-Factor ever explicitly stated that her mother was Emma Frost... it's a logical deduction, but just like "Layla Silverfox's Sister Emma" in the Wolverine movie, no-one actually said she was Emma Frost.  As such, Ruby Summers shouldn't be used as a basis for Emma's powers.

Secondly, if you're going to create various topics on a similar theme, at least give the topics different names to differentiate the threads. 

Thirdly, Emma Frost's Forum is only 4 pages long.  It only takes a couple of minutes to look through there.  That way you wouldn't have to create a duplicate topic:  A diamond is forever...    

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.