Follow

Emma Frost

Character » Emma Frost appears in 6154 issues.

Emma Frost is a fictional character originating from Marvel Comics. Originally starting off as a super villain and enemy of the X-Men, during which she was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost is a powerful mutant telepath who can transform herself into organic diamond. She has become a prominent member of the X-Men. A gifted teacher, Emma is renowned for her beauty, wit, and sense of fashion.

Diamond form stronger than the body of a vampire from Twilight?

mfundo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mfundo

I've always wondered whether Emma's diamond form or the Twilight vampires skin was more powerful, I think Emma's diamond form is much stronger. Tell me what you think?

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty

I've not read or watched Twilight.  How tough is their skin?  Don't they conform to usual vampire rules then?  I think Marvel vampires are usually fairly soft skinned (Husk was able to spike one when she changed into a wooden form), but Emma's Diamond form is usually uncaracterisatically strong (she doesn't chip easily).

mfundo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mfundo
    @xerox-kitty
    In the third movie when the heads of the vampires are ripped off, you see that their insides are something like diamond. Their skin can crack if they are hit by there own kind or by someone like Emma Frost.
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Emma took glancing blows from WWH, survived a plane crash which knocked Cyclops unconscious, took a blast from Bishop which sent her flying pretty far. Not sure how the glitter vamps stack up compared to the first one.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Mercy_

Considering they're affected by fire (it's how they got rid of James' body), I'd give Emma a leg up I'm durability.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mercy_

*in

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
    @The Dark Huntress:  Isn't Emma extremely resistant to heat in diamond form?
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mercy_
    @god_spawn Yessir. :)
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By CellphoneGirl

I like to think of the Vampires from Twilight as more of a sparkily porcelain :P

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
    @The Dark Huntress: Yup she is i found the scan.

Belladonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Belladonna

if emma was hit by an axe would it cut her or be only a blunt attack ;O

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mercy_

@Charmix said:

I'd say she'd be able to take the damage.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Deranged Midget

Yes just because we are comparing Twilight.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
    @Charmix said:
    Depends on the metal the axe is made of and who has it.
    The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#15  Edited By The Poet  Moderator
    @xerox-kitty said:
    I've not read or watched Twilight.  How tough is their skin?  Don't they conform to usual vampire rules then?  I think Marvel vampires are usually fairly soft skinned (Husk was able to spike one when she changed into a wooden form), but Emma's Diamond form is usually uncaracterisatically strong (she doesn't chip easily).
    count yourself lucky you haven't seen or read it. Was forced by a girl I know (a very demanding soul who is easy on the eyes or at least my eyes) to read the books.
    Um...it was alright. it was a 5th grade reading level and was a quick read (but I have been reading Sherlock Holmes Stories sense I was in 2nd grade, so no clue how it was for normal people).
     The plot was about the same as Romeo and Juliet except without the whole dying thing. I read Dracula afterwards, however, so I was so angry how much Ms. Meyer threw out from the old ways of vampires.

Your question " Don't they conform to usual vampire rules then?" made me laugh. They are not vampires at all, but gargoyles who sparkle and clam to drink blood (but don't). The creator defys everything that Bram Stoker wrote about and about the only thing she uses from the usual vampire stories is fires can burn them.

For any fans out there: you will have to excuse me if I don't see the point of the story (even after reading the books). I'll stay with Dracula. anyone who wants to sway me otherwise can messege me and we'll discuss.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

Diamond wins. Why? Because it's the hardest metal.

Sukislide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Sukislide

Is this a serious question or were you trying to be funny?  Because the answer is diamond, hands down. 
    fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By fesak  Moderator  Online
    @Squares said:

Due to extensive research done by the Fourchon University of Science, diamond has been confirmed as the the hardest metal known the man. The research is as follows.

Pocket-protected scientists built a wall of iron and crashed a diamond car into it at 400 miles per hour, and the car was unharmed.

They then built a wall out of diamond and crashed a car made of iron moving at 400 miles an out into the wall, and the wall came out fine.

They then crashed a diamond car made of 400 miles per hour into a wall, and there were no survivors.

They crashed 400 miles per hour into a diamond traveling at iron car. Western New York was powerless for hours.

They rammed a wall of metal into a 400 mile per hour made of diamond, and the resulting explosion shifted the earth's orbit 400 million miles away from the sun, saving the earth from a meteor the size of a small Washington suburb that was hurtling towards midwestern Prussia at 400 billion miles per hour.

They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour, and as a result caused two wayward airplanes to lose track of their bearings, and make a fatal crash with two buildings in downtown New York.

They spun 400 miles at diamond into iron per wall. The results were inconclusive.

Finally, they placed 400 diamonds per hour in front of a car made of wall traveling at miles, and the result proved without a doubt that diamonds were the hardest metal of all time, if not just the hardest metal known the man.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fesak said:

@Squares said:

Due to extensive research done by the Fourchon University of Science, diamond has been confirmed as the the hardest metal known the man. The research is as follows. Pocket-protected scientists built a wall of iron and crashed a diamond car into it at 400 miles per hour, and the car was unharmed. They then built a wall out of diamond and crashed a car made of iron moving at 400 miles an out into the wall, and the wall came out fine. They then crashed a diamond car made of 400 miles per hour into a wall, and there were no survivors. They crashed 400 miles per hour into a diamond traveling at iron car. Western New York was powerless for hours. They rammed a wall of metal into a 400 mile per hour made of diamond, and the resulting explosion shifted the earth's orbit 400 million miles away from the sun, saving the earth from a meteor the size of a small Washington suburb that was hurtling towards midwestern Prussia at 400 billion miles per hour. They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour, and as a result caused two wayward airplanes to lose track of their bearings, and make a fatal crash with two buildings in downtown New York. They spun 400 miles at diamond into iron per wall. The results were inconclusive. Finally, they placed 400 diamonds per hour in front of a car made of wall traveling at miles, and the result proved without a doubt that diamonds were the hardest metal of all time, if not just the hardest metal known the man.
    ...A diamond car?
    Avatar image for iknoweverything
    IKnowEverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By IKnowEverything
    @Squares said:
    @fesak said:

@Squares said:

Due to extensive research done by the Fourchon University of Science, diamond has been confirmed as the the hardest metal known the man. The research is as follows. Pocket-protected scientists built a wall of iron and crashed a diamond car into it at 400 miles per hour, and the car was unharmed. They then built a wall out of diamond and crashed a car made of iron moving at 400 miles an out into the wall, and the wall came out fine. They then crashed a diamond car made of 400 miles per hour into a wall, and there were no survivors. They crashed 400 miles per hour into a diamond traveling at iron car. Western New York was powerless for hours. They rammed a wall of metal into a 400 mile per hour made of diamond, and the resulting explosion shifted the earth's orbit 400 million miles away from the sun, saving the earth from a meteor the size of a small Washington suburb that was hurtling towards midwestern Prussia at 400 billion miles per hour. They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour, and as a result caused two wayward airplanes to lose track of their bearings, and make a fatal crash with two buildings in downtown New York. They spun 400 miles at diamond into iron per wall. The results were inconclusive. Finally, they placed 400 diamonds per hour in front of a car made of wall traveling at miles, and the result proved without a doubt that diamonds were the hardest metal of all time, if not just the hardest metal known the man.
    ...A diamond car?
    this is made up. no university has the money to make a diamond car. this is silly and made up. im tempted to think its a joke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@IKnowEverything said:
    @Squares said:
    @fesak said:

@Squares said:

...A diamond car?
    this is made up. no university has the money to make a diamond car. this is silly and made up. im tempted to think its a joke
    You felt the need to say 'this is made up' twice, and yet you only think it's a joke? 
    And you say you know everything...
    Avatar image for iknoweverything
    IKnowEverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By IKnowEverything
    @Squares said:
    @IKnowEverything said:
    @Squares said:
    @fesak said:

@Squares said:

...A diamond car?
    You felt the need to say 'this is made up' twice, and yet you only think it's a joke?  And you say you know everything...
    My name is sarcastic. When i joined this site a few months ago i knew nothing. Btw you should change your name to something that reflects that your a jerk.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@IKnowEverything: Don't know that I can change my username. Snappy comeback, though.
    Also, a diamond car wouldn't run, nevermind the price.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.