Damn it Emma! Spoiler Image from Uncanny X-men 534.1

• 124 results
#101 Posted by Mercy_ (91943 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn said:
" @The Dark Huntress: True but the thing that set me off of him was during the Fantastic Four series when Sue became queen of Atlantis and Namor was 3 seconds from punching her lights out if not for her invisible armor pimp smack. "
I never even read that. The thing that set me off of him was his X-Men stuff. I didn't realized for about half a year how absolutely horrible it was. 

@SC: On a scale of 1-10 it's a 7.5. I actually like it. 
#102 Posted by God_Spawn (38622 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress:
Namor has his moments with me, i liked him in the Dark Avengers vs X-men when he took on Sentry for atleast a little while. But when he is used as a plot device i hate him. Here is the scan, i think its hilarious.

#103 Posted by Mercy_ (91943 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn: Sue just went up a bajillion cool/badass points with me. That scan is frikken awesome. Which issue is it from?
#104 Posted by SC (13748 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn said:
" @SC: Alright i get what you're saying, it's gonna be kinda like the Dark Avengers vs X-men or Dark Reign Cabal kinda thing all over again except with a horny fish elf. "

Really Emma should be targeting Sue, since she is in mourning, she would be even easier to lure, and Rogue, Age of X Rogue... . If Emma an get in before Old Man Magneto, Plus since three is a crowd they should throw Galactus into the mix. If they thought Maddy dressed in black PVC calling worm would get newspaper headlines, wait until this lesbian, cosmic level ball of yarn gets threaded. Way more groundbreaking and topical than horny elf fish. Horny Elf Fish was so 2004 or whenever Lord of the Rings and Nemo were at movies. This is 2012! 
Moderator Online
#105 Posted by SC (13748 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress:  Woo! 

@god_spawn:  Aside from strange arm raised gesture (Namor would never hit Sue), I sorta liked that moment for both Namor and Sue. Its the way his smile switches. Plus her expressions lol
Moderator Online
#106 Posted by Mercy_ (91943 posts) - - Show Bio
@riri4life said:
" U can take the whore out of the Hellfire Club, but u can't take the whore out of the girl. >:P "
It's comments like this that show how little Emma's haters actually know about her. 
#107 Posted by Mercy_ (91943 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC: ^__^

The facial gestures in the scan were awesome. 
#108 Posted by dm_jlifan (24 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @god_spawn: Chalk another d-bag character up to Matt Fraction's awful characterization. "
Namor has always been like that, part of the reason I hate him.@SC said:
@god_spawn: I think Gillen might play up Emma the flirt a little bit more, as well embrace the Namor is always horny for the smart blonde thing. I think this is all really just building up to Schism, and trying to create a possible source of tension for a few characters. Honestly its sorta the same in Legacy with Magneto and Rogue. If everyone is expecting Emma to be in Cyclops corner for the big X-Men split, then they probably know they need to tease those two might not have things all hunky dory. Not that she will do a 180 and split, but just tease the possibility. Plus Emma is usually written her best when she is keeping a secret, well most writers tend to like writing her in that role. Morrison, Whedon, Fraction, and now Gillen. For me, Emma and Rogue are my fav two X-Women. I am so tired of the romantic subplots they get pushed into. Emma needs more interaction with the students and giving verbal beat downs to bad guys and Rogue needs to steal powers and do weird funky things. (like woah, imagine if like... Rogue absorbed a character that could shape shift... and then Siryn... and then used the shapeshifting power to make mouths on her hands!!! Then screamed out her hands using Terry';s power!!!!!!!!  *Evil Grin*
"
If Gillen plays it like that then I give him props  but like you, I am also tired of romantic subplots for X-Women. It's been drilled to our heads for the past few years that Emma loves Scott and vice versa, so why mess with it? Shouldn't the X-Men be focusing on the dwindling mutant population instead of their love life? Still, even if Scott/Emma stay together I can't read an X-book with Namor and Magneto in it. It was already weird when Magneto lead them before.
#109 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" @TheCrowbar said:
" Better be AoX"
Sorry, but Uncanny X-Men isn't part of the Age of X.  That, and Namor is completely in love with Storm in that 'reality'.  Your best hope is that it's still part of her 'manipulation' of Namor.  

Or just do what I do... don't buy Uncanny X-Men.
"
+1

Matt Fraction sucks kids, stop supporting Uncanny if you don't want to fill your head with garbage.
#110 Posted by God_Spawn (38622 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: I think it was fantastic four # 585 or 586.
#111 Posted by Mercy_ (91943 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
" @xerox-kitty said:
" @TheCrowbar said:
" Better be AoX"
Sorry, but Uncanny X-Men isn't part of the Age of X.  That, and Namor is completely in love with Storm in that 'reality'.  Your best hope is that it's still part of her 'manipulation' of Namor.  

"
+1Matt Fraction sucks kids, stop supporting Uncanny if you don't want to fill your head with garbage. "
I support the trades because I'm fricken OCD. On the plus side, I hear that Kieron's doing a good job with Emma. 

@god_spawn said:
" @The Dark Huntress: I think it was fantastic four # 585 or 586. "
<3 thank you. 
#112 Posted by God_Spawn (38622 posts) - - Show Bio
@dm_jlifan:
Very well said my friend, why touch a good thing? She's done a good job at replacing Jean and becoming a powerful, essential and well rounded character and has even helped Cyclops gain some dynamics. I used to think he was boring and when Morrison had the whole telepathic affair and such and Emma slowly became the leading lady of my favorite comic series i couldnt help but think Cykes was becoming a better character and standing out. Emma has done alot for the X-men while people like it or not, this whole spoiler image isnt gonna do much. Emma has already told Namor off a few times in the past and even in the spoiler pic she looks kinda disgusted. I think it should lead up to an atlantean vs x-men war.
#113 Posted by SC (13748 posts) - - Show Bio
@dm_jlifan:  Real straight up talk. i agree. Some characters its okay, like Kitty and Colossus, but gah, I mean, they still haven't really addressed Nightcrawler's death, the whole deal with Hope, and Five Lights, keeping the students safe, just so many other things. Plus Wanda will be, or should be a discussion point soon. 

@The Dark Huntress:  Oh, right, i forget you are getting FF4 now (or are a fan of sorts)... from the run you got, to those issue, is fairly consistent run! If you liked scenes like that you will probably enjoy most issues in-between, (there is this one sorta funky Masters of Doom arc but)
Moderator Online
#114 Posted by God_Spawn (38622 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC: Namor revealed his domination fetish in that comic.

@The Dark Huntress:

No prob, lets see if Miss Frost does the same thing lol. ( Namor deserves it a giant omega class psychic b*tch slap)
#115 Posted by dm_jlifan (24 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
" @xerox-kitty said:
" @TheCrowbar said:
" Better be AoX"

"
+1Matt Fraction sucks kids, stop supporting Uncanny if you don't want to fill your head with garbage. "
Matt Fraction doesn't suck, his Uncanny X-Men sucks. Invincible Iron Man got me picking up comics again after dropping all marvel titles due to Civil War, and Casanova shows he can write well. This is all opinion of course but it just ticks me off because I respect all writers(even Chuck Austen, with his magic  healing blood). Writing is a difficult job with low pay and with little to no respect that comes with it, but like you said, vote with your money, if you don't like the book don't buy it, less complainers that way. But hey, things would be less fun and it wouldn't be the internet without them ;)
#116 Posted by riri4life (7180 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @riri4life said:
" U can take the whore out of the Hellfire Club, but u can't take the whore out of the girl. >:P "
It's comments like this that show how little Emma's haters actually know about her.  "

Sry...I couldn't resist. I realize there is more to her than skimpy outfits, bitchy comments, and upholding her title of 'homewrecker'. There really is a heart beneath that superficial diamond exterior. ;)
#117 Posted by Aheld92 (100 posts) - - Show Bio

let it happen Scott sucks, Emma deserves a real man

#118 Posted by Mercy_ (91943 posts) - - Show Bio
@riri4life said:
" @The Dark Huntress said:
" @riri4life said:
It's comments like this that show how little Emma's haters actually know about her.  "
Sry...I couldn't resist. I realize there is more to her than skimpy outfits, bitchy comments, and upholding her title of 'homewrecker'. There really is a heart beneath that superficial diamond exterior. ;) "
Oh please. Logan and Jean were making lovey eyes at each other before Emma even entered the picture. They went further than that, too. 
#119 Posted by Telcalipoca (963 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATPANEXE said:
" big deal, they already slept together as shown in the Annual released during Dark Reign anyways. Hows an almost kiss a shocker. *shrugs*(its just a hype generator anyways, and working pretty well i think;)) "
slept during dark reign or revealed they had slept in the past?
#120 Posted by -Eclipse- (7537 posts) - - Show Bio
@dm_jlifan said:
" Matt Fraction doesn't suck, his Uncanny X-Men sucks. "

This. I hate coming in to X-Men threads and seeing one of my favourite Marvel writers being dissed, his Iron Man is freaking awesome and I am a HUGE fan of his run on Immortal Iron Fist (though co-writing with Brubaker probably had a big effect there), X-Men is just a difficult franchise to get right. There are just SO many characters it's almost impossible to nail all of them. I don't blame him for his Uncanny X-Men run, I blame Marvel for not listening to their fans earlier and realising that he was taking the series in the wrong direction. Just like they don't listen to the criticism of "GREG LAND SUCKS!" and fire the dude.

#121 Posted by FortressoftheMoon (677 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoever came up with the idea of Namor trying to rape Emma Frost around page 1 made my shoot milk out of my nose from laughing so hard.

I don't really care for both and personally I don't think this supposely kiss is a big deal. Emma and Namor can be a handful but i'm sure Emma knows of the consequences of leaving Scott for Namor and since Scott can control his optic blast on full blast I know Namor is in no rush to see what is inside his can of whoop ass.

Oh yeah Dodson might suck but at least he knows how to draw female hips and make them look femine. When Land draws female hips, it come out looking like a 12 yrd old asian boy hip. I can't stand it.

I think if it is something serious where Emma will be silly enough to some Atlantean lovin' I think it is just a lazy way of hooking Scott back up with Jean when she returns which will also intensify the friction between Scott and Logan. Either way I just hope Scott drops the People's elbow on someone...I don't care Namor, Logan, Emma, hell even Hope. I love when it I see Scott tell someone GTFO.

#122 Posted by lorex (962 posts) - - Show Bio

We all know Namor has a profound weakness for blonds. That picture is from a promotional image in Uncanny X-Men 534.1. I don't put much credence in promotional images like this as they tend to be misleading.

#123 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1096 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said:
I can see Emma and Namor together but I don't think this means what you assume it does. Namor has a history of trying to kiss the blonde partners of team leaders. So when Jean feels attracted to Wolverine and he kisses her every chance he gets it's okay. But its not when its Emma?
#124 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@IllyanaRasputin said:
@PrinceIMC said:
I can see Emma and Namor together but I don't think this means what you assume it does. Namor has a history of trying to kiss the blonde partners of team leaders. So when Jean feels attracted to Wolverine and he kisses her every chance he gets it's okay. But its not when its Emma?
No it's not okay, hence why I'm not a wolverine or Jean Grey fan. 

I already said that, that's a direct line from page 1

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.