Costume issue

#1 Posted by queenfrost_ (2499 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone notice how her costume is changing with every new 'ALL NEW X-MEN' (or whatever the dumb series w/ cyclops is called) preview?

Is it black now? Or white? Has she got more clothing or is her belly still showing?

But at least we can safely rest knowing Greg Land isn't drawing her anymore.

#2 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm actually a fan of Emma changing costumes regularly. Its always bothered me that superheroes and villains wear the same outfit over and over and over again, who does that? Especially women, and especially one like Emma. She would never wear the same look twice and surely not day after day.

#3 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

I like that Emma is always changing costumes as well. She doesn't have a set costume. She's the white queen - she wears her outfits well. And to add. I'm almost 100% positive that the new Uncanny X-Men comic will be featuring new costumes for all of the members, including Emma Frost's new colour of clothing.

#5 Posted by Veitha (3285 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked her Black Queen costume when she was in the Dark X-Men but I like the one in the preview too. I remember an issue of Astonishing X-Men when she tells Danger: "Don't tell anyone, but sometimes I'd rather wearing some color" or something like this, so I guess that a change in her costume would make her happy too ;)

#6 Posted by Billy Batson (58021 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler said:

Its always bothered me that superheroes and villains wear the same outfit over and over and over again, who does that? Especially women, and especially one like Emma.

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman...all your favorites!
BB

#7 Edited by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought Dazzler should be the one in a new costume each week. And Wasp for the Avengers. I guess it does make sense with Emma though. Of course she'd find a way to satisfy her urge for fine tailoring even while on the run.

#8 Edited by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

@Gambler said:

Its always bothered me that superheroes and villains wear the same outfit over and over and over again, who does that? Especially women, and especially one like Emma.

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman...all your favorites!
BB

When I say who does that its rhetorical as in who buys the exact same hoodie so they can wear it every single day? No one. They are my favorites and it still bugs me that they wear the same costume everyday. Saying in big bold letters with your sig at the end changes nothing

King of Kings

#9 Posted by God_Spawn (37878 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger: Magneto is the Ric Flair of comics. There, I said it.

#10 Posted by McKlayn (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@ApatheticAvenger: Magneto is the Ric Flair of comics. There, I said it.

To be the man you got to beat the man, and no one beats magneto!! ( or slick ric damn it!)

#11 Edited by God_Spawn (37878 posts) - - Show Bio

@McKlayn: He may be the oldest ride at the park, but he still has the longest line. Just ask Rogue. WOOOO!!

#13 Posted by God_Spawn (37878 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger said:

@god_spawn said:

@McKlayn: He may be the oldest ride at the park, but he still has the longest line. Just ask Rogue. WOOOO!!

The "Master of Magnetism" attracts two things: metal and babes.

@god_spawn said:

Trololol

#14 Posted by Mercy_ (92695 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: That troll tactic doesn't work on me lol

#15 Posted by Billy Batson (58021 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler said:

When I say who does that its rhetorical as in who buys the exact same hoodie so they can wear it every single day? No one.

Policemen, firemen, soldiers and etc. Basically anyone who wears an uniform.

They are my favorites and it still bugs me that they wear the same costume everyday.

Wouldn't make sense if they didn't since they are supposed to be recognizable in and outside of comics. Changing their costumes all the time wouldn't really help with that.

Saying in big bold letters with your sig at the end changes nothing

King of Kings

Yes it does. Dun lie now >:o

BB

#16 Posted by Mieux (359 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

Hah! You deserve a cookie for that one.

#17 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

Policemen, firemen, soldiers and etc. Basically anyone who wears an uniform.

Only Batman doesnt wear a uniform, he wears a costume ;) using your logic the Justice League would all have the exact same look but they dont, why? Cause what they wear is up to them, not a governing body but thanks for playing.

@Billy Batson said:

Wouldn't make sense if they didn't since they are supposed to be recognizable in and outside of comics. Changing their costumes all the time wouldn't really help with that.

You still know 2099 Spiderman is Spiderman yes? Flashpoint Wonder Wonder was still recognizable as Wonder Woman. Yellow Dare Devil, Future Foundation Fantastic Four, New 52 Superman with the Jeans, etc. Clark Kent doesnt wear the same suit everyday, Bruce Wayne changes his clothes from day to day. No reason why they cant apply the same basic fashion etiquette to their alter egos. Cept for the fact that diehard fanboys go ape sh!t anytime a character gets his or her look changed.

@Billy Batson said:

Yes it does. Dun lie now >:o

BB

Oh, in that case

KK

#18 Posted by Billy Batson (58021 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler said:

You still know 2099 Spiderman is Spiderman yes? Flashpoint Wonder Wonder was still recognizable as Wonder Woman. Yellow Dare Devil, Future Foundation Fantastic Four, New 52 Superman with the Jeans, etc. Clark Kent doesnt wear the same suit everyday, Bruce Wayne changes his clothes from day to day. No reason why they cant apply the same basic fashion etiquette to their alter egos. Cept for the fact that diehard fanboys go ape sh!t anytime a character gets his or her look changed.

*googles Flaspoint Wonde Woman* Eh, not really. That's a fish head :p

Meh, color changes.

I just don't see much of a point of changing clothes even in the real world besides for fun :p

BB

#19 Posted by CerealKiller (161 posts) - - Show Bio

from what you can kiiind of see in the picture, it looks like she's still got some booty shorts and thigh highs going on. Still i'm super surprised its not all white though. can you imagine the conversation she and cyclops might have had.

Emma: But why cant mine be white?

scott: this is a new era, new costumes

Emma:...but i like white

Scott: Emma this is MY illegal mutant terrorist vigilante team and we do what I say!

Emma: FINE... but im still not going to wear pants!

Scott: urgh, fine!

#20 Posted by Veitha (3285 posts) - - Show Bio

@CerealKiller said:

from what you can kiiind of see in the picture, it looks like she's still got some booty shorts and thigh highs going on. Still i'm super surprised its not all white though. can you imagine the conversation she and cyclops might have had.

Emma: But why cant mine be white?

scott: this is a new era, new costumes

Emma:...but i like white

Scott: Emma this is MY illegal mutant terrorist vigilante team and we do what I say!

Emma: FINE... but im still not going to wear pants!

Scott: urgh, fine!

LOL

#21 Posted by TDK_1997 (14891 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that the covers are just black/white but I would like her to change the costume into black.It would be awesome.

#22 Posted by PassionFlower (960 posts) - - Show Bio

I much more liked the black outfit she is sporting on that cover.

#23 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

posted this picture today on www.facebook.com/emmafrostfiles

but check it out here if you guys haven't seen it!

Emma Frost sporting her new Black Queen attire ;)

#24 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@IllyanaRasputin said:

I like it alot more than I thought I would. She looks like a dominatrix "which is good in my book".

#25 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: I know eh? I'm loving it as well!

#26 Posted by Veitha (3285 posts) - - Show Bio

@IllyanaRasputin said:

Love it

#27 Posted by CerealKiller (161 posts) - - Show Bio

really cool looking, especially those boots plus the cutout section at the front.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.