Follow

Emma Frost

Character » Emma Frost appears in 6127 issues.

Emma Frost is a fictional character originating from Marvel Comics. Originally starting off as a super villain and enemy of the X-Men, during which she was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost is a powerful mutant telepath who can transform herself into organic diamond. She has become a prominent member of the X-Men. A gifted teacher, Emma is renowned for her beauty, wit, and sense of fashion.

Can Emma be saved from Bendis?

• 55 results
    queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By queenfrost_

I genuinely worry such an intriquite and amazing character is now going to further plummet down the character assassination trope with Bendis....

AvX already violently tore her charcter to shreds but I fear that All New X-Men will only make it worse. Perhaps Joss Whedon could come and save the day? An Emma mini-series maybe? He did wonders for her in Astonishing X-Men (her relationship with Kitty being one of them).

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Can he write her well and do something good with her? Yes. Or can he tear her further apart? Yes. IMO, it will be a bit shaky at first due to adjusting to his writing. But he has a shot here to do something good and it at least can't be worse than Fraction's run.

.Riddick.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By .Riddick.

No. No she cannot. She is forevermore a victim of Bendis.

doddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By doddy

Just re-read Bendis’ House of M and New Avengers “Sentry” arc. They both had really huge cast but Emma was featured prominently as major role. I mean in HOM her role was way bigger than Scott and other X-Men (except Wolverine of course) and in NA she’s just only one diva in it. Bendis seems really like to write Emma. I guess it’s a good sign for her in ANXM and UXM.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#6  Edited By McKlayn

Give the man some time, he has a large cast and only two issues in. The CAST of All New X men is the original 5 (mainly) the others i feel are only in it to begin with to set up for the New Uncanny X men, so she may not play a big real (i wouldn't think so at least) in All New, but in Uncanny I am sure she will be a major player. So give him at least a few (4-5?) issues of Uncanny before you crucify him.

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

Bendis likes Emma, he's said many times that he has a lot in store for the character. I believe that he'll do a good job writing her. If anything we'll see better writing of her in the new launch of Uncanny X-Men

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#8  Edited By x_29

Give the man a chance before you b~tch.

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Crimsonlord53

Heck she has yet to be in the anxm.

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By jrock85

Can any character be saved from Bendis?

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Madame_Mist

He writes a good Emma. I don't know why we have multiple threads going whether a character can be saved from Bendis.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Blood1991

@god_spawn said:

Can he write her well and do something good with her? Yes. Or can he tear her further apart? Yes. IMO, it will be a bit shaky at first due to adjusting to his writing. But he has a shot here to do something good and it at least can't be worse than Fraction's run.

Agreed, Bendis has proven he can write a character well when he wants too. Fro example Storm in the Avengers was a very different character from Storm in All New X-Men. He genuinely seems dedicated to writing the X-Men well. However, with Bendis you either get gold or you get snot.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lykopis

@.Riddick. said:

No. No she cannot. She is forevermore a victim of Bendis.

Yep.

@IllyanaRasputin said:

Bendis likes Emma, he's said many times that he has a lot in store for the character. I believe that he'll do a good job writing her. If anything we'll see better writing of her in the new launch of Uncanny X-Men

Its what specifically Bendis has in store for Emma's character that I don't put much faith in. Spin it any way you want, but splitting her and Scott up was already strike one. A writer worth his salt could/would/should attempt to keep these two together, especially because of their history. And before anyone starts griping about how Scott overshadowed Emma, puh-lease. It was previous writers' faults for making her so quiet (and that summation is debatable) and Whedon had no problem giving her a voice separate from Cyclops'. That Bendis is excited and enthusiastic about splitting up the most popular X-Men couple is a warning bell. A loud one in my opinion

@TheAcidSkull said:

@god_spawn said:

exactly, he can be good when he wants to be, same as Aaron, and a few more. i hope he does well.

@Blood1991 said:.

Agreed, Bendis has proven he can write a character well when he wants too. Fro example Storm in the Avengers was a very different character from Storm in All New X-Men. He genuinely seems dedicated to writing the X-Men well. However, with Bendis you either get gold or you get snot.

Bendis can be a good writer when he wants to be? Isn't that what a good writer is supposed to do? For all those who think he will be great for Emma, great. There are some of us here who don't think he is. Which brings to me my next point...

@x_29 said:

Nah, I'll b*tch, just like there are others who boost. Considering we have yet to see Bendis bring her into UXM, maybe we all should bite our tongues. I wonder when he plans to bring her into the story line? Sure hope that doesn't mean Emma won't be an important player. I would hate to think Magneto has taken her place by Cyclops' side...

Do I want Bendis to not treat Emma's character as some trumped up, greedy, selfish wh*re who returns to villainy? Of course. Do I think he will?

Nope.

But this is all speculation on everyone's parts which makes for great conversation. Any side of the fence you are on, there will be some major changes (on top of what's already happened in the X-Universe).

@jrock85 said:

I hear you. bro.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"conniving bleached blonde piece of dirt" <----how i feel about emma then and now

Lokheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Lokheit

Bendis already stated he had "a lot of fun" writting Emma's and Scott breakup, which made me really mad at him because I don't consider fun at all to break my favorite comic couple of all times...

And something tells me he will go the easy route and make her f*** with every single character she encounters to completly destroy the character. Hey, they already destroyed Beast to make him a total whining hypocrite, so my hopes aren't really good here...

Scott and Emma are 2 of my 3 fav. characters (along with Nightcrawler), I hate that he made them break for the sake of it, there was not reason at all to make the relationship evolve in that direction. And if all of this is to make Scott return with Jean when they revive her I will be REALLY mad (Scott+Emma >>>>>>>>>>>> Scott+Jean).

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PassionFlower

I like Bendis a lot and if you are a character HE likes he can really do wonders but if not look out! I haven't gotten a take on how he feels about Emma yet. I am slightly wary but it might work out great. He already had DD pop her up side the head but he loves DD so that might not mean much.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By x_29

After reading All New X-men # 3, the answer is no.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#18  Edited By SC  Moderator

Well his previous writing with Emma was relatively average in terms of writers grasps of her, Bendis strong point is dialogue and character interaction, his weak point characterization (read mischaracterization) but Emma is also in a different place than we last saw her written by Bendis, personally my ideal would be to see her written by... Carey or Ellis. I would love to see how they write a non attached Emma.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By theTimeStreamer

can fanboys stop complaining?

queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By queenfrost_

@x_29 said:

Gtfo

@theTimeStreamer said:

Im not a boy

queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By queenfrost_

I don't see how Bendis writes a good Emma. I've red HoM/Sentry etc and just because she is prominently featured doesn't mean she is a good Emma. People think he writes a good Emma just because he likes her character. But that isn't how it works. Just because he wrote Emma as the archetype leader in his runs with her, does not mean it did her any justice. He still made sure that Emma always went right back to Scott and for some reason, he constantly wrote her as 'Mrs Mary Sue' which is annoying. She isn't meant to be a wholesome, preppy telepath who will quietly voice her opinion.

People have been so desperate for a good Emma that when Bendis shows the slightest type of o.k writing with her, they'll take it.

doddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By doddy

I do think his Emma in HoM was very in character, especially when she suggested to put Wanda down and asked Scott why they were married. Of course she’s not the best Emma, but still quite good.

Emma in ANX #3 was not that bad… losing her TP was a good move IMHO, Bendis created a very interesting environment for Emma to be in; and he wanted to write a angry Emma who’s mad at her homicidal ex, which was a right decision, but… well, he’s failed to communicate Emma's feelings to the reader. But her characteristic was okay.

Bendis of course is not the best Emma-writer but I think he’s worthy of pinning our hope on.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@doddy: Pinning any ounce of hope on Bendis is an imminent tragedy in and of itself.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#24  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

Don't like Emma that much, so I don't care what Bendis does to her.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#25  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

@theTimeStreamer said:

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By x_29

@queenfrost_ said:

@x_29 said:

Gtfo

@theTimeStreamer said:

Im not a boy

No, I think I will continue to stay in this thread.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#27  Edited By PowerHerc

Yes, she can't die. It''s impossible.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jrock85 said:

This.

He can write a good Emma, but he often distorts characterization to tell the story he wants to tell despite prior history or good style. His characters tend to be bland.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#29  Edited By TDK_1997

I don't think that Bendis will do such bad stuff with her.Indeed he tore her character apart a lot with AvX but I have hope in him.He can fix things if he wants and if he finds out that he is ruining the character.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SUNMAN

Emma will probably be better off now. Bendis has a knack for elevating people

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#31  Edited By Veitha

Oh god, I miss old Em'... the one who didn't have to say "fella" to upset someone...

Imperfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#32  Edited By Imperfect

I want Emma and Cyclops to be together again, hopefully Bendis doesn't end their relationship for good.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TheCrowbar

This just in, Bendis was heard at a bar that Emma is going to finally admit she's a natural redhead. She was afraid people would think she was soulless, cause you know she's a ginger.

I cannot confirm the validity of this rumor being I just made it up!

Avatar image for winterfreakinsoldier
    WinterFreakinSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By queenfrost_

@TheCrowbar said:

This just in, Bendis was heard at a bar that Emma is going to finally admit she's a natural redhead. She was afraid people would think she was soulless, cause you know she's a ginger.

I cannot confirm the validity of this rumor being I just made it up!

LOL <3

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#36  Edited By Strider1992

What kind of question is that!? No-one is safe from Bendis......NO ONE!

doddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By doddy

James Asmus or Mike Carey should have written an X-flagship title. Especially the former, Asmus even professed that he’s a huge Emma fan.

Queen's Halo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38  Edited By Queen's Halo

A character that is already ruined cannot be saved. I really doubt Bendis can do anything that will make her deserve to die permanently even more.

Target_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Target_X

I don't think Emma has been ruined by him, but I can also see how others could think so. I'm on the fence with where it heads from here. Like others have said, it can really go either way. As it stands right now she has a very wide opening to gain some strong characterization and development, and I hope Marvel takes it. They've been dallying around with some characters for far too long; it's time for a little change.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40  Edited By poisonfleur

@AgeofHurricane said:

@doddy: Pinning any ounce of hope on Bendis is an imminent tragedy in and of itself.

Right! Remember how he treated Storm when she joined the Avengers. He even said there was going to be a story that focused on her point of view. Did that happen? Nope.. I felt betrayed. :/

doddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By doddy

@poisonfleur said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Right! Remember how he treated Storm when she joined the Avengers. He even said there was going to be a story that focused on her point of view. Did that happen? Nope.. I felt betrayed. :/

What happened...

You made me kinda worried now lol ‘cause Bendis said that we'll be seeing plenty of Emma front and center too…

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By lykopis

@doddy said:

@poisonfleur said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

What happened...

You made me kinda worried now lol ‘cause Bendis said that we'll be seeing plenty of Emma front and center too…

Worry.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 49

#43  Edited By knighthood

Personally I prefer Bendis's take on Cyclops, Emma, and Magneto.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By poisonfleur

@lykopis said:

@doddy said:

@poisonfleur said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

What happened...

Worry.

Yes.. Be very afraid. Personally I feel he was talking out of his @$$.. :/

Have a little bit of hope, Emma seems to be easier to write compared to Storm, so HOPEFULLY he won't screw over another X-lady. And in his defense, he did give Emma role in House of M...

But seriously.... For the record, unless you are spiderwoman, Bendis doesn't give a fly F about lady characters based on what I seen in the past. Just saying. And being a reader that focuses on the X-ladies, I find that disappointing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

What's the definitive Emma that fans want? She's been written differently by Bendis, Gillen, Fraction and Morrison.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By poisonfleur

@Jake Fury said:

What's the definitive Emma that fans want? She's been written differently by Bendis, Gillen, Fraction and Morrison.

Personally-- I like Emma done by Fraction and Whedon.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#47  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Jake Fury said:

Morrison. Morrison. MO-RRI-SON.

And maybe Gillen, but he didn't exactly do too much for her.

@poisonfleur: What did you like about Fraction's Emma ?

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By x_29

@Jake Fury said:

Wheeeedon!

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Veitha

@Jake Fury said:

Morrison/Whedon

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#50  Edited By Mercy_
    @Veitha

@Jake Fury said:

Morrison/Whedon

This is absolutely correct.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.