Bendis' last Interview about Emma

#1 Posted by Veitha (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

This is interview is interesting and weird at the same time:

http://marvel.com/news/story/20067/the_uncanny_x-men_revolution_emma_frost

The thing I'm most worried about is this statement:

Her powers are broken. They’re a disaster for her right now. It creates a great thing that you’ll see in the second issue, where she sometimes projects her thoughts without realizing that she’s doing it. On top of not being able to read other people’s thoughts, every once in a while she projects her own thoughts out without knowing about it until she’s done it. What a punishment for her. Everyone who feels that Emma deserves to get taken down a peg or two, this is hell for her.

So... This is absolutely the most trivial idea ever, but at least I think that she won't be the mole, coz a mole that projects her thoughts wouldn't last too long lol

#2 Posted by Mercy_ (92698 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh boy.

#3 Posted by Aiden Cross (15569 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a bad feeling about this...

#4 Edited by judasnixon (6584 posts) - - Show Bio
@Veitha: Ha Ha Ha Ha..... In the Characters in this story column they have a picture of Magik for Emma Frost....... 
#5 Posted by Veitha (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon: Yeah I noticed that too and I was like o.O hahahaha

#6 Posted by Ceddsong (44 posts) - - Show Bio

She's projecting her thoughts? Im confused, does that imply non-telepaths can hear her thinking? That's embarrassing if that is the case. Poor Emma this take in her is going to be tasteless.

#7 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ceddsong: @Mercy_: @Veitha: @judasnixon: Well, seems like Emma is going to have to be built back to grace just as Scott. Instead of being able to peer into everyone's else's thoughts at her leisure it's now the exact opposite and with that said I believe that we're about to see a more vulnerable side of Emma.

#8 Posted by queenfrost_ (2499 posts) - - Show Bio

Wtf?

"Everyone who feels that Emma deserves to get taken down a peg or two, this is hell for her"

I don't know anyone who felt like she needed to be taken down a 'peg or two'. But...I...whatever

#9 Posted by Veitha (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

@queenfrost_ said:

Wtf?

"Everyone who feels that Emma deserves to get taken down a peg or two, this is hell for her"

I don't know anyone who felt like she needed to be taken down a 'peg or two'. But...I...whatever

Yeah, lol. The inverview is a bit ridiculous piecewise

#10 Posted by CerealKiller (161 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate when writers make her so hated in universe.

I don't want her 'taken down a peg' and made fun of as a joke...i just feel like its really rude to her actual fans.

Im hoping that since she's going to be a lead in AU she'll at least be written with some dignity

because if they pull some kind of 'OOPS Emma Frost just said something embarrassing out loud CUE LAUGHTER and hey that set up the perfect joke at her expense from a character people generally like more AHAHA everybody laugh and OH LOOK AT THAT she slipped on a a banana peel and fell over LOLOLOL WHAT HUMOUR #endscene"....i will cut a bitch.

#11 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

Now I am really not looking forward to reading this book.

#12 Posted by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

So, she still has her Telepathy, but she just can't control it? It seems so stupid for one of Earth's most powerful and experimented Telepath to be put in this kind of situation... Really hate it.

But I've to admit I'm still waiting for the first Issue next week. I just hope this joke ends soon and she at least gets a boost in her TP.

#13 Posted by PassionFlower (960 posts) - - Show Bio

Certainly it will be short term but it might be interesting certainly (to me) this seems Bendis most interesting book.

#14 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

Poor choice of words this taken down a peg quote. Think of it more as emma was in control at all times now she has to deal with having little to no control of her abilities.

#15 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3202 posts) - - Show Bio

sorry i couldnt resist....lol bendis at his finest....jk

#16 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@GonnaRain said:

So, she still has her Telepathy, but she just can't control it? It seems so stupid for one of Earth's most powerful and experimented Telepath to be put in this kind of situation... Really hate it.

But I've to admit I'm still waiting for the first Issue next week. I just hope this joke ends soon and she at least gets a boost in her TP.

They seem to be in love with the "Phoenix Force effed us over" plot................with a dash of Highschool Musical.......exhibit A:

"It is a nightmare. Imagine that you’re projecting your thoughts out and you’re almost always by your ex-boyfriend. All of that will be dealt with in the second issue."

#17 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE said:

sorry i couldnt resist....lol bendis at his finest....jk

???

#18 Posted by Lordhuck (70 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma Frost has always been a character with elitist, arrogant, pretentious personality traits. 

I think this is what he is referring to when he says she needs to be taken down a peg.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.