Bad Emma Writing

#1 Posted by Gene_Pool (704 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay first complaint: Emma's body looks unhealthy and awful here. Crap art from Land.  

But my main problem is this:  
Emma's comment about Lady Mastermind's outfit.  

Somehow I don't see Emma saying something like that, considering she herself dressed like that a number of times. Her statement just isn't consistent to her past and character.
#2 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed.

#3 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Art doesn't have anything to do with the writing, but moving on

I really believe emma's quip was meant to be funny, but it failed.

#4 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

Now focusing on Greg Land's..."art" (harsh, I know)...did he seriously draw THAT inaccurately?

#5 Posted by darth_brendroid (1717 posts) - - Show Bio

That art is awful for Emma =/

#6 Posted by Gene_Pool (704 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aronmorales:
Seriously she looks like she's made out of rubber for one thing. And the enourmous size of her chest is ridiculous!  

The weight of her chest would kill her when she's not in diamond form (figuratively speaking of course).
#7 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gene_Pool said:
" @Aronmorales:
Seriously she looks like she's made out of rubber for one thing. And the enourmous size of her chest is ridiculous!  

The weight of her chest would kill her when she's not in diamond form (figuratively speaking of course). "
Good point about her breasts being her demise, I wonder if Land ever questions himself like this?
#8 Posted by Gene_Pool (704 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aronmorales:
I doubt it. He probably thinks breasts are weightless bubbles of soft flesh that look better the bigger they are and don't put any strain whatsoever on the girl's back. (jk)
#9 Posted by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma has always been curvy. I think he meant to draw her in diamond form, which is why she looks so shiny and rubbery. However the quip is bad. Indeed, bad writing.
#10 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gene_Pool said:
" @Aronmorales: I doubt it. He probably thinks breasts are weightless bubbles of soft flesh that look better the bigger they are and don't put any strain whatsoever on the girl's back. (jk) "
I feel offended for women kind.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.