Follow

Emma Frost

Character » Emma Frost appears in 6154 issues.

Emma Frost is a fictional character originating from Marvel Comics. Originally starting off as a super villain and enemy of the X-Men, during which she was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost is a powerful mutant telepath who can transform herself into organic diamond. She has become a prominent member of the X-Men. A gifted teacher, Emma is renowned for her beauty, wit, and sense of fashion.

Are comic book women unrealistic?

• 61 results
    moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By moywar700

yea they are unrealistic?Emma is a billionaire at the age of... 28?Cyclops is the leader of the mutants before he's even the age to become president.It's not real so I'm not complaining.

Crusader105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By Crusader105

Comics being unrealistic? Who ever heard of such a thing...  

Seriously, though: people read comics to escape reality.  So, if comics were realistic... 

fempowah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By fempowah

@acer51 said:

I like female Superheros, but I don't like the tomboy archtypes where the Women are bulky as the Hulk.

I perfer female heros like Invisable woman, Scarlet witch, and Storm. These in my oppinion are respectable female heroines, not only because they have good powers, but because they act like women and don't try to imitate men.

what do you mean imitate men? you mean by being physical?

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Rickbarry

Emma's ability to cut a man down to size is pretty much on par with most women anywhere. Why don't you women know we fellas have feelings?!

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By acer51

@fempowah said:

@acer51 said:

I like female Superheros, but I don't like the tomboy archtypes where the Women are bulky as the Hulk.

I perfer female heros like Invisable woman, Scarlet witch, and Storm. These in my oppinion are respectable female heroines, not only because they have good powers, but because they act like women and don't try to imitate men.

what do you mean imitate men? you mean by being physical?

Well what do you mean by that?.

I meant characters like She-Hulk, not that I think she's a bad character, but she's too manly in my oppinion.

What I meant is I don't like girl characters who are too manly.

When it comes to female heros my prefrence is smart characters who have some good superpowers.

Of course it is boring if all female heros are like that, which makes me think we do need those kind of characters. I just perfer that style of character.

Mr_Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Mr_Winchester

I dont think the issue is that Women are unrealistic. Its just that the way they are presented is inappropriate/ not very practical. I mean if you look at the covers for Warlords of Mars or Vampirela its no different from a playboy mag cover. For me thats not what an incentive for reading a comic book is. 

But to each their own, plus they wouldnt make stuff like this unless it was selling so I guess its a contributor to the industry.

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Madame_Mist

I'm actually not that offended by the unrealistic aspect. There is point where it breaches sexy and goes into creepy exploitation zone. I'm all for sexy but I can get pretty disgusted by the exploitation where it delves into misogynistic fantasies.

Good story, good (sexy) art and good characterisation is all I'm asking for. I just like a little variety in female looks though. Men are given more definitive features while women are basically the same just with different colour pallets.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#58  Edited By Rumble Man

Bodies are not a problem, clothing option (depending on powers) however is

PG can wear bodypaint because she is invulnerable, psylocke should wear more armor

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By thespideyguy

Just say that they are but you don't focus on that

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By thespideyguy

Isn't the idea  of a guy running around dressed as a bat a little unrealistic. 

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@thespideyguygh: cough cough yeah totally un-cough-realistic cough cough

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.