A change in Emma Frost

#1 Posted by Zaber (263 posts) - - Show Bio

Something has changed Emma Frost's life forever. She will not fail the X-Men as she failed the Hellions. She hope she would make her mission accomplished and she will not make another mistake again. She seemingly belongs with the X-Men, but her life is somewhere else. She needs to dress better like she was in Generation X. I find her dress sexy, but I dont think she wants that. She must have a reason to show off her body as her reputation. Emma Frost's reputation returns back from the worse to better. She shines herself a good person. 

#2 Posted by God_Spawn (37355 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zaber said:
Something has changed Emma Frost's life forever. She will not fail the X-Men as she failed the Hellions. She hope she would make her mission accomplished and she will not make another mistake again. She seemingly belongs with the X-Men, but her life is somewhere else. She needs to dress better like she was in Generation X. I find her dress sexy, but I dont think she wants that. She must have a reason to show off her body as her reputation. Emma Frost's reputation returns back from the worse to better. She shines herself a good person. 
Well said,
Moderator
#3 Posted by Samimista (20609 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zaber said:
Something has changed Emma Frost's life forever. She will not fail the X-Men as she failed the Hellions. She hope she would make her mission accomplished and she will not make another mistake again. She seemingly belongs with the X-Men, but her life is somewhere else. She needs to dress better like she was in Generation X. I find her dress sexy, but I dont think she wants that. She must have a reason to show off her body as her reputation. Emma Frost's reputation returns back from the worse to better. She shines herself a good person. 
This is very true couldn't agree more you can really tell there's something different about her.
#4 Posted by thestepfordcuckoos (147 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zaber said:
Something has changed Emma Frost's life forever. She will not fail the X-Men as she failed the Hellions. She hope she would make her mission accomplished and she will not make another mistake again. She seemingly belongs with the X-Men, but her life is somewhere else. She needs to dress better like she was in Generation X. I find her dress sexy, but I dont think she wants that. She must have a reason to show off her body as her reputation. Emma Frost's reputation returns back from the worse to better. She shines herself a good person. 
@Zaber: I noticed a change in Em too, I think maybe started during X-Men Manifest Destiny (2). In it we see a Emma at this coming to turns with everything in her life and at the end she forgives herself from all past mistakes and misgivings because she wants X-Men to forgive her and forgiveness starts with herself.
#5 Posted by God_Spawn (37355 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like what she said to Shaw in Uncanny, in their fight.  Just simple, "Live your new life Shaw. And i will live mine". I think its a good showing she's separated from her pas and has moved on and done new and greater things.

Moderator
#6 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd hope so, it's been near 30 years since she was in the Hellfire Club.

Moderator
#7 Posted by God_Spawn (37355 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:

I'd hope so, it's been near 30 years since she was in the Hellfire Club.

lol good point
Moderator
#8 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn:  
Loved that Issue, Kieron Gillen's been the best thing to happen to Uncanny in about 5 years. 
#9 Posted by Mercy_ (92629 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: What issue was that?

Moderator
#10 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Emma too, but I don't really see the point of this thread lol

#11 Posted by God_Spawn (37355 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress:  uncanny x-men# 534
Moderator
#12 Posted by SC (12717 posts) - - Show Bio
@JonesDeini said:
@god_spawn:  Loved that Issue, Kieron Gillen's been the best thing to happen to Uncanny in about 5 years. 
 
Now if we can only hook him up with a decent artist or two, his run might actually grow into a defining era of X-Books and usher in a new golden era.... **prays to Odin Land and Dodsons have a sudden urge to take up ballroom dancing and leave the comics industry** 
Moderator
#13 Posted by Mercy_ (92629 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: <3

@SC: D'Armata and whoever else did the .1 issue should be the permanent artistic team.

Moderator
#14 Posted by God_Spawn (37355 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: I want Medina on artwork, i loved his stuff in X vol 3 on Curse.
Moderator
#15 Posted by Mercy_ (92629 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: In my ideal world, it'd be Choi and Oback on artwork. But D'Armata had the best artwork on Uncanny that I've seen since well..Divided We Stand, which was Choi and Oback lol. It was also perfectly suited to the story.

Moderator
#16 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:

@god_spawn: <3

@SC: D'Armata and whoever else did the .1 issue should be the permanent artistic team.

Only think I didn't like was he drew Emma in her old hot shorts outfit...and the camel toe on the cover. Pacheco (sp?)'s a solid artist. I'd prefer Mike Choi
#17 Posted by God_Spawn (37355 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:

@god_spawn: In my ideal world, it'd be Choi and Oback on artwork. But D'Armata had the best artwork on Uncanny that I've seen since well..Divided We Stand, which was Choi and Oback lol. It was also perfectly suited to the story.

<3 awesome choices and yeah he did.
Moderator
#18 Posted by Mercy_ (92629 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonesDeini said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

@god_spawn: <3

@SC: D'Armata and whoever else did the .1 issue should be the permanent artistic team.

Only think I didn't like was he drew Emma in her old hot shorts outfit...and the camel toe on the cover. Pacheco (sp?)'s a solid artist. I'd prefer Mike Choi

That was my one gripe with the art. I'm undecided about whether I like Pacheco or not. I agree that Mike Choi would be ideal, though.

Moderator
#19 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

@god_spawn: In my ideal world, it'd be Choi and Oback on artwork. But D'Armata had the best artwork on Uncanny that I've seen since well..Divided We Stand, which was Choi and Oback lol. It was also perfectly suited to the story.

Ewwwww Mike Choi. All of his characters look so similar. Like, I get it, it's a comic, these are fantasy people that don't really have a real life reference to draw from to drastically separate them from one another, but come onnnn.

Moderator
#20 Posted by SC (12717 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress@god_spawn:  I want them to steal the Alpha Flight artist! Or kidnap Jim Lee, and force him to draw Uncanny. Maybe if the DC reboot fails bad enough he'll be fired! *rubs hands in anticipation of Jim Lee getting fired* Tes bwhahahah vengeance shall be mine! Oh... uh... *continues laughing in the private sanctity of my thoughts* 
 
**oh wait... DH and GS are telepaths... ah dammit**
Moderator
#21 Posted by Mercy_ (92629 posts) - - Show Bio

@pixelized said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

@god_spawn: In my ideal world, it'd be Choi and Oback on artwork. But D'Armata had the best artwork on Uncanny that I've seen since well..Divided We Stand, which was Choi and Oback lol. It was also perfectly suited to the story.

Ewwwww Mike Choi. All of his characters look so similar. Like, I get it, it's a comic, these are fantasy people that don't really have a real life reference to draw from to drastically separate them from one another, but come onnnn.

..........you don't like Choi? V___V C'mon, you gotta admit he's leaps and bounds above O-Face Land.

@SC: Jim Lee <3

LOL SC. You clever beast.

Moderator
#22 Posted by God_Spawn (37355 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:
@The Dark Huntress@god_spawn:  I want them to steal the Alpha Flight artist! Or kidnap Jim Lee, and force him to draw Uncanny. Maybe if the DC reboot fails bad enough he'll be fired! *rubs hands in anticipation of Jim Lee getting fired* Tes bwhahahah vengeance shall be mine! Oh... uh... *continues laughing in the private sanctity of my thoughts*  **oh wait... DH and GS are telepaths... ah dammit**
As powerful of a telepath I am SC, no one can figure out what you're thinking >_>
Moderator
#23 Posted by SC (12717 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:

All of his characters look so similar. 

 
Yes, similarly awesome! lol
Moderator
#24 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC:  
LOL I fear Jim Lee more than I fear Land. 
#25 Posted by SC (12717 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator
#26 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress: @SC: I should be nice, he's not bad by any stretch, I just at times feel like I'm looking at character models than actual characters.

Moderator
#27 Posted by Mercy_ (92629 posts) - - Show Bio

@pixelized: Is it because it's painted, or is it just the way he pencils?

Moderator
#28 Posted by Mercy_ (92629 posts) - - Show Bio

And we expect you to not be nice at this point, Pix. It's kind of you shtick ;)

Moderator
#29 Posted by God_Spawn (37355 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC: your our favorite frostitute.
Moderator
#30 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC:  
I love Jim lee up to about All Star Batman & Robin...he just hasn't been Jim f'n Lee to me lately and his art's missing something for me.  
 
@The Dark Huntress: I think D'armata just did colours and Larroca did the art on those issues. He's usually Larroca's go to colorist and one of Marvel's work horses. 
#31 Posted by Mercy_ (92629 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonesDeini: Just looked through the credits. It was Pacheco with D'Armata on the colors (which were effing gorgeous).

Moderator
#32 Posted by SC (12717 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized:  Oh yeah I do understand what you mean. Sometimes I like a rough, more wilder and expressive, gritty art style, or look too. (even though Choi/Oback combo are like in my all time favs) I wish they could practice with more characters! Their X-23 is good in the sense they can give her more range facially. I noticed I was a bit meh when they did Rogue or other characters that are meant to look different from Laura and it was....  
 
@god_spawn:  Yey! Well, I do spend 5 hours a day in front of the mirror speaking in an English accent about how dreadfully mundane and boring Jean Grey is, even though I like Jean, don't have an English accent or a mirror. 
Moderator
#33 Posted by God_Spawn (37355 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC: idk i guess i can forgive you this time
Moderator
#34 Edited by SC (12717 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:

@JonesDeini: Just looked through the credits. It was Pacheco with D'Armata on the colors (which were effing gorgeous).

 
D'Armata is building a rep (well more of a rep) as being one of the best colorists. Not that I think Pacheco is bad personally, I just remember quite a lot of people noting his art seemed aided quite a lot by the colors and I don't disagree there. Plus some of the other books he has done recently! 
Moderator
#35 Posted by Mercy_ (92629 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

@JonesDeini: Just looked through the credits. It was Pacheco with D'Armata on the colors (which were effing gorgeous).

D'Armata is building a rep (well more of a rep) as being one of the best colorists. Not that I think Pacheco is bad personally, I just remember quite a lot of people noting his art seemed aided quite a lot by the colors and I don't disagree there. Plus some of the other books he has done recently!

It was all about the colors for me in that book. They were so smooth and fluid, which is what I love.

I KNEW IT! I was just about to say that his colors reminded me of those from Rise and Fall and lo and behold, it's him. He's officially in my top three colorists as of now, coming second only to Sonia Oback.

Moderator
#36 Edited by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress:  
Oh my bad, I thought you were talking about the issues leading up Messiah Complext. The Extremists arc was done by Larroca, I'm pretty sure D'Armata did the colors...those two are a match made in heaven. Love them on Iron Man.   
 
@SC:  
Marvel has him do so many of there books because he makes artists look A LOT better than they actually are. Scott Eaton and Pacheco turn out rather pedestrian, standard work, but he made them look about 2x as good on there .1 issues. 
#37 Posted by Mercy_ (92629 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonesDeini: Nope, we were talking about issue 534.1.

I never actually read the Extremists arc, that's I think the one arc I don't have since the Hope arc leading up to now.

I don't know how I feel about Larroca. Sometimes I like his art, occasionally I love it, but a lot of the time it rubs me the wrong way.

Moderator
#38 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress:  
I LOVE Larroca, but I can definitely see why he's not everybody's cup of tea. 
#39 Posted by Mercy_ (92629 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonesDeini: I just think some of his stuff is a little over-stylized, if you know what I mean?

Moderator
#40 Edited by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress:  
What drew me to him was his realistic line work, but early on for me he had a tendency to draw people to "human" if that makes any sense. Like uncanny valley, I would look into his characters eyes and saw no soul. He's gotten a lot better and does some of his best work on Iron Man, he now draws faces with living eyes and facial expressions. No more creepy wax dolls, well rarely. lol 
 

Love his covers
#41 Posted by SC (12717 posts) - - Show Bio
@JonesDeini said:
@The Dark Huntress:  
Oh my bad, I thought you were talking about the issues leading up Messiah Complext. The Extremists arc was done by Larroca, I'm pretty sure D'Armata did the colors...those two are a match made in heaven. Love them on Iron Man.   
 
@SC:  Marvel has him do so many of there books because he makes artists look A LOT better than they actually are. Scott Eaton and Pacheco turn out rather pedestrian, standard work, but he made them look about 2x as good on there .1 issues. 
 
Extremists arc is so visually perfect!!!!!  Colors had a huge role He did the coloring there? I would not be surprised, I think I remember another name... maybe it was shared. 
 
Oh that being said, I can't stand Larroca on Iron Man. Ugh, way too lazy. I don't mind tracing in comics and he does it way more subtly than Land, but he needs to stop referencing Sawyer from Lost lol  
 
Plus yeah, I think I tend to personally underestimate what a good colorist can do with pencil work. I need to stop and start recognizing their skills. 
Moderator
#42 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC:  
LMAO I LOVE Larroca on Iron Man...thanks, now I can never unsee that :(
#43 Posted by SC (12717 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator
#44 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC:  
No, no, no!!! Stop ruining the things I love :P 
 
Heh, well look at that, he does reference Sawyer for Tony. But I think that actually looks like Tony and he actually has started throwing some Downey elements into his Tony now
#45 Posted by sputnik (210 posts) - - Show Bio

i think emma would be a kick ass good person if they'd give her a really real chance

#46 Posted by EmmaGrace (1024 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma will never be a good-two-shoes. She whitty, snarky, and manipulative. But she has finally moved to a stage in her life where regardless of her personalities traits, she wants to be a good person. You can be a bitch and a hero at the same time.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.