Follow

"Guy Gardner: Warrior" Emerald Fallout

Story arc »

Guy Gardner has a sudden energy surge that brings on a vision of Hal Jordan's atrocities committed during the Emerald Twilight. Gardner and select members of the Justice League go to Oa to find out why so many Green Lanterns have gone missing and find trouble while there.

Would U Buy It #59: "Guy Gardner: Emerald Fallout"

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Edited By cbishop
    DateWUBI # 59:View:Attached to Forum:Back/ Next
    11/23/10Guy Gardner: Emerald Fallout(Blog) (Forum)Emerald Fallout(Back) (Next)

We all have trade paperback (TPB) collections we'd like to see. Here's one of mine:

Proposed Title:Guy Gardner: Emerald Fallout.
    Alternate Title:Green Lantern: Emerald Fallout.
    Collecting 4 Issues:Guy Gardner: Warrior #18-21.
    Covers: (click to enlarge)
    TPB Cover: Guy Gardner: Warrior #21
    TPB Cover: Guy Gardner: Warrior #21

Just a couple months after Hal Jordan became Parallax, and the Emerald Twilight storyline drew to a close, Emerald Fallout passed quietly through the pages of Guy Gardner: Warrior. With all the hype DC had built with Green Lantern just then - especially with 'Twilight being the catalyst for Zero Hour - I never understood why they didn't try to roll some of that hype over to Guy Gardner, and collect this storyline into a trade. Despite the protests of H.E.A.T., Hal as a villain was hot at the time, and this story ends with Guy fighting Hal - how could they not collect this into TPB? But <sigh> they didn't. I'd still like to see it though, because it connects to Emerald Twilight, and it's the end of Guy Gardner with Sinestro's power ring.

It's been so long since this series was released, and Guy is well enough known as a Green Lantern, this TPB might just as well be titled Green Lantern: Emerald Fallout. It might be better served sales wise, as well. Also, it would go better with all the "GL: Emerald..." titles that have already been published in TPB form. For the cover, I didn't even have to think about it - #21, with the armored Guy fighting Hal as Parallax.

Would you buy it? Let me know in the comments, and thanks for reading.

More WUBI:

Guy Gardner: Emerald Fallout
    Guy Gardner: Emerald Fallout

Liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

User Lists: 87

#1  Edited By Liberty

Guy is my favorite character of all times.  I buy every issue he makes an appearance in.  I even have these books but would not but the TPB.  This whole era in DC Comics was really annoying for me.  I my favorite characters were being destroyed.  Guy had that lame Iron Man suit.  Blue Beetle was in a coma and afraid to even be a superhero.  Booster Gold's arm was cut off and he also had a lame Iron Man suit Ice was dead and Fire lost her powers.   These books were not very good and remind me of what I considered to be the lowest point in DC Comics.  They were doing the same to the big characters as well.  These were almost as bad. =]

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cbishop
    @Liberty: Aw, man, I thought for sure you'd be the one guy to say, "YES! YES! YES!" lol  I just want to read the whole storyline.  I wasn't a big fan of the armor idea either though.  On that second cover though, it looks like he's still wearing the yellow power ring.  He still has the ring at this point, doesn't he?
    Liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

User Lists: 87

#3  Edited By Liberty

Yes I believe he kept it as a memento.  After the Green Lantern were dead I believe it lost power.  I'm not sure that is just what I remember.  When I get to it I will re read the books and give a review as I am sure no one else has yet =]

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By sexy_merc

I'd get it. I already have most of Guy's stuff anyway.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cbishop
    @Liberty:
    @Sexy Merc: Geez, Sexy, you and Liberty are about neck-and-neck as GL fans - you don't have all of Guy's stuff?   J/k, nice to have you stop by.  ;)
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By NightFang3
    @Sexy Merc said:
    " I'd get it. I already have most of Guy's stuff anyway. "
    thechessclub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By thechessclub

If I may, I propose you make a new blog proposing a Parallax (pre-Rebirth) volume collection consisting of Emerald Twilight, Zero Hour(including the Showcase 94 preludes), Emerald Fallout(duh), Parallax View (GL V.3 issues #63 & 64), Emerald Knights (GL V.3 100-106 plus the GA V.2 #136 tie in)Final Night + of course the Parallax: Emerald Night #1  that accompanied the mini, GL V.3 #81, and Day of Judgment including the DOJ: Secret Files. Also I think GL V.3 Secret Files # 2 or 3 had a story that shed more light on the battle between The Spectre and Parallax in Zero Hour. And if there were no legal issues from Marvel then the GL/Silver Surfer one shot too.

Also a Death of Green Arrow collection collecting Where Angles Fear To Tread (GA V.2 #96-101) and the last issue of that GA run so it would be a primer for Kevin Smiths GA: Quiver

I might do this myself but your presentation would trump mine so meh=P

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cbishop

@thechessclub: I think the Death of GA idea is great, and I'll add that soon (been busy lately).  The Parallax issues I don't know as much about - I'll have to give those a look.  Thanks. :)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cbishop
    @thechessclub said:

Also a Death of Green Arrow collection collecting Where Angles Fear To Tread (GA V.2 #96-101) and the last issue of that GA run so it would be a primer for Kevin Smiths GA: Quiver

I might do this myself but your presentation would trump mine so meh=P

So, uh, yeah, I finally got to this. :}

Would U Buy It #97: "Green Arrow: Where Angels Fear to Tread"

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.