kfhrfdu_89_76k's Embroideries #1 - Embroideries review

Nothing too serious. Okay, that`s totally a lie.

This is my 37. CV-review. You don`t even care, do you?

What I like.

This is a black and white-book with clear art.

It`s by Marjane Satrapi!

It`s a relatively quick read. It may take an hour or a half of it read it. Or maybe 45 minutes. Or 55. Or 23. Even if it`s over 12 pages long. Or something like that. I didn`t count it accurately enough.

Since it`s an autobiography, it`s realistic, and you can count on the fact that it`s also true.

This is simply hilarious! No matter how serious things this has, there are also alot of comedic parts.

There are alot of "I can`t believe this"-moments.

Cultural differences between the western world and Iran. Fascinating.

The art, page lay-outs, lettering ( handwritten ) and writing are true Satrapi. It doesn`t hide anything, it`s simply gorgeous and it`s not too serious. At least, not this book. Persepolis is lot more serious...

What I don`t like.

Because this is an autobiography, you can be sure that every bad thing in this book has really happened...

The writing is sometimes very difficult to read, since it`s written in cursive. But, it`s my opinion, so maybe it`s more easier for you to read.

What`s a bit of both.

So, this has a sudden ending. It`s nice enough, but it`s still a sudden ending. So it`s both good and bad.

So, to conclude...

If you see it somewhere, I recommend you to buy it. But only if you`re completely sure. If you`re not, loan it from somewhere first. Then read it.

Posted by Trodorne

Nice, ill have to see if my store has this. it sounds interesting enough to check out.

Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k

@Trodorne:

I hope you wont be disapointed because of my poor reviewing skills.

Posted by The Poet

hmm...if it is anywhere as good as Persepolis, then i'll definitely have to check it out.

Moderator
Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k

@The Poet:

It`s very different from it, and not as ambitious, but it`s still pretty good.