What are the best Elseworlds to pick up?

#1 Posted by dementedtheclown (744 posts) - - Show Bio

Just got a couple, Superman Kal, and Last Son of Earth. What are some good ones??

#2 Posted by KenTheProfile (402 posts) - - Show Bio

@dementedtheclown:

Well first who is you fav. hero?

Metroplis, Nosforatu, Blue amazon are must haves regaurdless of the question.

#3 Posted by _Zombie_ (10448 posts) - - Show Bio

It sounds like you like Superman based on the choices. So I'm recommending Red Son. Arguably my favorite Elseworlds story of all time.

#4 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Son, Speeding Bullets.

#5 Edited by sesquipedalophobe (4765 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Son.

#6 Posted by SuperShafe (470 posts) - - Show Bio

Kingdom Come.

#7 Edited by CATPANEXE (9357 posts) - - Show Bio

My personal favorite is Thrillkiller. I re-read it almost yearly. I think you may like I Joker and Batman: Man-Bat as well just from gauging some of your other posts and interests.

#8 Posted by dementedtheclown (744 posts) - - Show Bio

@KenTheProfile said:

@dementedtheclown:

Well first who is you fav. hero?

Metroplis, Nosforatu, Blue amazon are must haves regaurdless of the question.

Superman yeah, Joker, Supergirl, Harley Quinn, Blue Beetle 2, Booster Gold

Batman, & Green Lanterns being a close 2nd

#9 Posted by KenTheProfile (402 posts) - - Show Bio

okay so here you

go

1.Superman's Metropolis 2.Batman: Nosferatu 3.Wonder Woman: the Blue Amazon they are trilogy.

4.Superman: Speeding Bullets 5.Batman: In Darkest Knight 6.Green Lantern: Evil's Might 7.Batman: Holy Terror( not that crap Miller wrote)8. Supergirl: Wings 9.Fallen Angel (not a elseworld but is Perter david's contiuation of Linda Davers story with out the supergirl name.

#10 Posted by Saren (25088 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Son

Kingdom Come

The Dark Knight Returns,

Planetary/JLA: Terra Occulta

Moderator
#11 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

How did I forget Kingdom Come?

#12 Posted by Billy Batson (58319 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty much every elseworld story are great.
BB

#13 Posted by Saren (25088 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

Pretty much every elseworld story are great.
BB

Act of God sucked.

Moderator
#14 Posted by dementedtheclown (744 posts) - - Show Bio

alright ill check em out thanx guys

#15 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11270 posts) - - Show Bio

Cant believe it took 5 posts to get Kingdom Come. I'm now ashamed.

#16 Posted by The Poet (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

There's a lot of great ones mentioned.

I also liked Flashpoint. I know most people will think of that whole universe changing arc, but I'm refering to the 1999 Flash miniseries which had Barry saving JFK. That had some really cool parts.

Moderator
#17 Posted by dementedtheclown (744 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet said:

There's a lot of great ones mentioned.

I also liked Flashpoint. I know most people will think of that whole universe changing arc, but I'm refering to the 1999 Flash miniseries which had Barry saving JFK. That had some really cool parts.

Funny they would use the same name twice. What is a "flashpoint" anyway?

#18 Posted by The Poet (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

@dementedtheclown: well a flashpoint can either be defined as:

  • A place, event, or time at which trouble, such as violence or anger, flares up.
  • The temperature at which a particular organic compound gives off sufficient vapor to ignite in air.

both pretty much fit the two flashpoints DC published (I mean, both are events and both seem to ignite interest)

Moderator
#19 Posted by dementedtheclown (744 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet said:

@dementedtheclown: well a flashpoint can either be defined as:

  • A place, event, or time at which trouble, such as violence or anger, flares up.
  • The temperature at which a particular organic compound gives off sufficient vapor to ignite in air.

both pretty much fit the two flashpoints DC published (I mean, both are events and both seem to ignite interest)

yeah but they just picked em cause there's "flash" in the word lol

#20 Posted by The Poet (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

@dementedtheclown: thats also true.

Moderator
#21 Posted by dementedtheclown (744 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet said:

@dementedtheclown: thats also true.

Wonder if there is any Flashbang, Flash Cards, or Flash Light...

#22 Posted by Tunsieon (316 posts) - - Show Bio

@dementedtheclown said:

@The Poet said:

@dementedtheclown: thats also true.

Wonder if there is any Flashbang, Flash Cards, or Flash Light...

There needs to be a Flash/The Ray crossover arc just so that it can be named Flash Light.=!

#23 Posted by The Poet (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tunsieon said:

@dementedtheclown said:

@The Poet said:

@dementedtheclown: thats also true.

Wonder if there is any Flashbang, Flash Cards, or Flash Light...

There needs to be a Flash/The Ray crossover arc just so that it can be named Flash Light.=!

that would be really cool!

Moderator

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.