Follow

Elseworlds

Concept » Elseworlds appears in 301 issues.

'Elseworlds', or 'Imaginary Stories' are tales where a fresh concept or idea is tried on an existing character or storyline. This often leads to a new and fresh take on existing characters. 'Elseworlds' is also when the narrator give characters new story lines, and concepts.

Two more good Elseworld tales

Darknight87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By Darknight87

Last week I got the chance to read Superman: Red Son and Batman: Gotham by Gaslight. Those books were amazing, and stayed true to what makes them who they are despite being in a different setting/year/etc. Though it has been years since I read a Superman book(because I'm not a big Superman fan) I still found Red Son to be a great story.  It's not really a new story or anything but if your into elseworlds or alternate takes on heroes I must say pick these two up. Gotham by Gaslight was also very interesting but seemed to be a bit lacking compared to Red Son...but don't take that as a diss on the book. Both were great and now I want to read the Crisis story arc and the Batman 1,000,000 series
    Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

I read the Red Son book as well and found it intresting.  Still looking for the Batman one. 
    I personally suggest picking up the Elseworlds/"What if" type books even if you don't usually like the character represented in it (like Supermen:Red Son).  They show new takes on those heros/villains to make them intresting again. :) 

I think you'll enjoy the Crisis. 

Darknight87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Darknight87

I hope so. I usually enjoy any book I pick up so I'm not too hard to impress lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.