Follow

Elongated Man

Character » Elongated Man appears in 1181 issues.

A stretchy private eye and a long time member of the Justice League who gets his powers from regularly consuming a special drink. His nose will twitch when something's amiss!

Finding his strength.

GL Bertron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By GL Bertron

Elongated man lost his wife in Identity crisis after his friend the ATom's ex- wife killed Sue Dibny. Elongated Man seemed to have lost his life as she passed away, but showed his colors as he came back from the edge and pushed a team of heroes to find the culpret. Elongated Man then tried to resurrect his wife in a secret ceremony with a strange cult, but realized that he was tarnishing his wifes name and left alone and horrified at what had happened. After seeing all this happen to a hero I once considered a second rate hero I was impressed by the way he kept me into the story and felt sorry for all the suffering he went through.

Avatar image for fourpower__r_i_p_
    Fourpower (R.I.P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Fourpower (R.I.P)

I think Mr. Fantastic...I mean Elongated Man...is a great character. He can carry a story. I think Plastic Man....I mean Elongated Man....should get more attention.

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
    Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

He was originally created because the writers didn't realize DC owned the rights to Plastic Man

Fourpower (R.I.P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Fourpower (R.I.P)

I wish they'd come up with some new powers....

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#5  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

It's not just powers, those three guys have distinctly different personalities. It's not like they're three identical characters.

Fourpower (R.I.P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Fourpower (R.I.P)

You're right, I just violated my own rule. A character's worth is not defined by his power and/or power level. Apologies.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#7  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @Cosmic Sentinel said:

He was originally created because the writers didn't realize DC owned the rights to Plastic Man

False. he was named Elongated Man because DC didnt realize that they owned the rights to Plastic Man, he had already been created.
    Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
    Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

@Avenging-X-Bolt: Thank you for clarifying a comment I made (probably whilst drinking heavily) four years and seven months ago.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#9  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @Cosmic Sentinel said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt: Thank you for clarifying a comment I made (probably whilst drinking heavily) four years and seven months ago.

No problem : )

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.