Follow

Elle Peterssen

Character » Elle Peterssen appears in 18 issues.

Discovered on a subway platform after a mysterious attack and subsequently hospitalized in a coma.

In the Mind in Mind the Gap

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

Edited By RazzaTazz

Though I generally have never checked into indie comics as much, I find myself doing more so recently.  Of course one of the main discoveries for me in the past few months was Grimm Fairy Tales, but I also recently found another one which is in a somewhat interesting format and that is Mind The Gap.  To be fair something which draws me to this story is the interesting story telling format, as the main character Elle is in a coma and must determine what is happening around her and try to return to her body before all the events unfold as the outside actors desire.  As a mystery it is not exactly breaking a lot of new ground except in the manner of depicting one of the main characters trying to unravel the plot as it details Elle’s discovery of the place called by its residents as the garden where vegetative coma patients await either a return to life, or the journey on to death.

In so doing it explores one of the realms which can be difficult for writers to handle properly and that is the unlimited possibilities that are available by setting a story within the human mind.  This has been tried before and implemented carefully enough by writers of past stories involving the Sandman, which is likely best known for his presence in Vertigo, but existed at DC well before then as well.  Working the way through the mind in this case is easy enough as Elle has a mysterious guide that explains things to her in unconventional ways, for instance using a Pink Floyd song to explain her current predicament.  Granted I am not very knowledgeable in Pink Floyd but the analogy worked for me as an approachable way to tackle what is happening to the hero of the story.  It remains to be seen in this case if the writer (Jim McCann) can tackle the concept with enough precision to make it work, but in the setting he has at least set himself a worthy challenge.  

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.