Why cant Elixir heal people like....?

#1 Edited by karrob (4279 posts) - - Show Bio

I was just wondering. Since Elixir is an Omega level mutant why cant he heal people like Cable, Gentle, Firestar, Magneto even Shadowcat? He has the power to do so right....

#2 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio
@karrob: He can heal Cable's flesh but I doubt he can affect the T-O virus or even fight it off. 
 
Gentle....there isn't really anything to heal unless I missed something.
 
Firestar has cancer doesn't she? I doubt he could just 'heal' her. He could probably help shrink any tumors that develop but can't prevent them from forming again (though I thought they were dealing with this with Daimon Hellstrom. I never read Marvel Divas but I know it was suggested)
 
Magneto is just too powerful for his body to take it, no amount of healing will solve that I don't think.
 
As for Shadowcat, he's gotta touch her for his powers to work which is kinda the problem, nobody can touch her.
#3 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said:
" @karrob: He can heal Cable's flesh but I doubt he can affect the T-O virus or even fight it off.   Gentle....there isn't really anything to heal unless I missed something.  Firestar has cancer doesn't she? I doubt he could just 'heal' her. He could probably help shrink any tumors that develop but can't prevent them from forming again (though I thought they were dealing with this with Daimon Hellstrom. I never read Marvel Divas but I know it was suggested)  Magneto is just too powerful for his body to take it, no amount of healing will solve that I don't think.  As for Shadowcat, he's gotta touch her for his powers to work which is kinda the problem, nobody can touch her. "
He created a tumour to the Vanisher and then healed him, at will.
Moderator
#4 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_: Yeah but that's different than curing cancer or the T-O virus. That's why I figure he can help shrink or direct tumors but not remove the cancer that causes them. He'd probably have to have weekly sessions with anyone who has cancer to keep it under control.
#5 Posted by karrob (4279 posts) - - Show Bio
Yeah that makes since about the T-O Virus.  It just seems like a waste. Smh!
 

#6 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Firestar had cancer (but is still undergoing chemo 'just in case' ugh).  Although when that was revealed during Marvel Divas, I couldn't understand why Elixir couldn't cure her.  It's a quick & easy fix for a comic book; a golden boy who can literally kill the cancer cells with a black touch, and cure the healthy cells with a golden touch. 
 
But... I guess you could say that she isn't that closely connected to the X-Men.  So she's never met him. 
 
As for Magneto.  He'll be fine.  He's come back from the dead & regained his powers in terrible comicbook logic.  I'm sure the writers have more stories in store for him. 
 
And Kitty?  I have a feeling her condition will somehow be cured by Hope, just as Rogue was miraculously cured of Strain 88.   
 
But... isn't Josh currently locked in his black-kill state again?  

Moderator
#7 Edited by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said:

" @Morpheus_: Yeah but that's different than curing cancer or the T-O virus. That's why I figure he can help shrink or direct tumors but not remove the cancer that causes them. He'd probably have to have weekly sessions with anyone who has cancer to keep it under control. "

Not quite. The Vanisher was perfectly fine. Elixir literally created a tumour (in an X shape, no less) out of nothing, and then he undid the effect. It's exactly what you said he couldn't do.
Moderator
#8 Posted by Silver Knight75 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

Other mutant abilities may be a factor for Elixir's powers to work in the same way as it does on other people or lifeforms.

#9 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @PrinceIMC said:

" @Morpheus_: Yeah but that's different than curing cancer or the T-O virus. That's why I figure he can help shrink or direct tumors but not remove the cancer that causes them. He'd probably have to have weekly sessions with anyone who has cancer to keep it under control. "

Not quite. The Vanisher was perfectly fine. Elixir literally created a tumour (in an X shape, no less) out of nothing, and then he undid the effect. It's exactly what you said he couldn't do. "
No I'm saying he can destroy tumors he himself created and can probably shrink tumors that are developed by cancer but can't cure cancer itself.
#10 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said:
"No I'm saying he can destroy tumors he himself created and can probably shrink tumors that are developed by cancer but can't cure cancer itself."

Where has that been shown?  When has he attempted to cure anyone with cancer?  Where has it been established that he can only cure tumours that he created? 
 
With his 'black' powers he can kill.  In other words, he would be able to kill of cancerous cells.  With his 'gold' powers he could then heal & restore the healthy non-cancerous cells. 
Moderator
#11 Edited by EdwardWindsor (14428 posts) - - Show Bio
@karrob: Elixir has never truely shown the max level of his abilty, so as far as we know theres no proof he couldnt eventualy heal any of thoose problems
#12 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" @PrinceIMC said:
"No I'm saying he can destroy tumors he himself created and can probably shrink tumors that are developed by cancer but can't cure cancer itself."
Where has that been shown?  When has he attempted to cure anyone with cancer?  Where has it been established that he can only cure tumours that he created?  With his 'black' powers he can kill.  In other words, he would be able to kill of cancerous cells.  With his 'gold' powers he could then heal & restore the healthy non-cancerous cells.  "
This.
Moderator
#13 Posted by lorex (955 posts) - - Show Bio

He has great potential but he is still relatively new to his powers. After he has been using his healing powers for a while he needs rest. With the medical knowledge implanted into his brain he can apply his powers effectively heal people. To take on something like the Techno-Organic virus
is something on a whole different level of magnitude. i am not saying he couldn't do it but not right now.

#14 Posted by karrob (4279 posts) - - Show Bio
@lazystudent said:
" @karrob: Elixir has never truely shown the max level of his abilty, so as far as we know theres no proof he couldnt eventualy heal any of thoose problems "
That is true. That danged Omega level mutant is the bane of my comic existence. Smh
#15 Posted by G-w-D (547 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd just like to clarify Elixir's powers are not Death touch and healing touch, those are merely two specific uses of his powers like magneto using his Electro-mag to generate Light and then using his powers in a completly different way to harness gravitons. 
 
Elixir's powers were originally Biological matter manipulation granting creation, control and destruction of all matter that is bio-organic in nature he is the direct opposite of that Mutant member of the the sceince squad jeffries who has limited in-organic matter manipulation albeit due to his omega status he has no limits as opposed to jeffries. His bio-manipulation grants him genetic manipulation which in turn allows him to Kill in a variety of ways and heal. 
 
Thats his potential though without skill it's all meaningless, however the writers tend to neglect that his skill is indeed incredible, Due in part thanks to the cuckoo's "downloading" all of beasts formidable knowledge in the relevant subjects. 
 
All of the above was demonstrated In Elixir's greatest power feat to date, during the battle with belasco after he ripped david's Heart right out of Dave's chest, Elixir was capable of recreating a genetic exact replica to replace the lost heart out of thin air which means he constructed a new Heart from the Sub-atomic level  and up!
  
As for who amongst those you listed he can heal? 
 
Cable - the techno aspect of his virus means elixir can not directly destroy or inhibit the thing, but it should be well within elixir's abilities to manipulate Cable's body to create an immunity or other resistance boost to fight the techno-organic virus. So he can't heal cable
 
Gentle- this method of "healing" should be well within his capabilities because he just did it Wolfsbane. If he can perform genetic therapy of some sort to allow her body to bear the strain of the child growing withing her then he should be easilly capable of boosting gentle's body to cope with his own X-gene. 
 
Firestar- i'm not familiar with her illness but from the previous posts i see she is suffering from mere cancer then it should really be a cake walk for elixir. 
 
magneto- isn't actually sick his body just can't handle the strain of manipulating and harnessing all thoses energies to the maximum degree that magneto's X-gene allows him to acheive, but based on josh's feat with Wolfsbane once again he should be capable of performing some sort of genetic therapy to adapt/evolve magneto's body to the point it can. 
 
kitty pryde- i really don't know what her problem is if she can't leave her active Phasing  due to some sort of energy interference then elixir can't help her at all, But if it's due to her X-gene in overload then Elixir could potentially inhibit it but this is all theoretical because Elixir hasn't mastered his powers to the required level he's still at a  tactile level with his powers which isn't any good in treating a ghost.   
#16 Posted by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-w-D said:
"I'd just like to clarify Elixir's powers are not Death touch and healing touch, those are merely two specific uses of his powers like magneto using his Electro-mag to generate Light and then using his powers in a completly different way to harness gravitons.  Elixir's powers were originally Biological matter manipulation granting creation, control and destruction of all matter that is bio-organic in nature he is the direct opposite of that Mutant member of the the sceince squad jeffries who has limited in-organic matter manipulation albeit due to his omega status he has no limits as opposed to jeffries. His bio-manipulation grants him genetic manipulation which in turn allows him to Kill in a variety of ways and heal.  Thats his potential though without skill it's all meaningless, however the writers tend to neglect that his skill is indeed incredible, Due in part thanks to the cuckoo's "downloading" all of beasts formidable knowledge in the relevant subjects.  All of the above was demonstrated In Elixir's greatest power feat to date, during the battle with belasco after he ripped david's Heart right out of Dave's chest, Elixir was capable of recreating a genetic exact replica to replace the lost heart out of thin air which means he constructed a new Heart from the Sub-atomic level  and up!  As for who amongst those you listed he can heal?  Cable - the techno aspect of his virus means elixir can not directly destroy or inhibit the thing, but it should be well within elixir's abilities to manipulate Cable's body to create an immunity or other resistance boost to fight the techno-organic virus. So he can't heal cable  Gentle- this method of "healing" should be well within his capabilities because he just did it Wolfsbane. If he can perform genetic therapy of some sort to allow her body to bear the strain of the child growing withing her then he should be easilly capable of boosting gentle's body to cope with his own X-gene.  Firestar- i'm not familiar with her illness but from the previous posts i see she is suffering from mere cancer then it should really be a cake walk for elixir.  magneto- isn't actually sick his body just can't handle the strain of manipulating and harnessing all thoses energies to the maximum degree that magneto's X-gene allows him to acheive, but based on josh's feat with Wolfsbane once again he should be capable of performing some sort of genetic therapy to adapt/evolve magneto's body to the point it can.  kitty pryde- i really don't know what her problem is if she can't leave her active Phasing  due to some sort of energy interference then elixir can't help her at all, But if it's due to her X-gene in overload then Elixir could potentially inhibit it but this is all theoretical because Elixir hasn't mastered his powers to the required level he's still at a  tactile level with his powers which isn't any good in treating a ghost.    "

you seem to have logical answers that i was looking for, so an easy one. for Elixir should be to fix Professor X's legs so he can walk again right? 
 
Also with the help of Cypher, should Elixir and him be able to heal Cable fully? (if Cable was still alive)
#17 Posted by Darth_Revan_X (18 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF:
Wait, I'm confused, did Professor X lose the ability to walk again?
#18 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

could elixir heal deadpool and make his facial scars vanish?
#19 Posted by superboyrocks13 (1089 posts) - - Show Bio
@umbrafeline
yea for a little whiile untill deadpool heals him self again...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.