Follow

Elixir

Character » Elixir appears in 944 issues.

Elixir was one of the students at Xavier Institute and is known for his ability of biological manipulation which allows him to both restore life or take it on a whim, and is capable of incredible feats being one of the few active and confirmed Omega-level mutants. He is now a part of the New Mutant nation of Krakoa as a member of the Five.

Elixir's Skin

greekpimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By greekpimp

Ok so I know that Elixir has gold skin (and black on occasion) So why does he have normal skin in X-Force? It only turns gold when he heals w/ his hands. I think its stupid to change him like that, but thats just me.

Lady Tlieso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Lady Tlieso

he originally had normal skin until the new mutants series. maybe the artist just got lazy in x-force.

Djinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Djinn

orrrrrrrrr maybe he learned to control his powers mutants in marvel tend to learn to control themselves. And i think its great that he looks normal the gold skin was cool but how is the artist going to show that he is controling his power without doing something to show it

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By John Valentine

He's an Omega level mutant: why can't he change  his skin colour?

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Resonate
    John Valentine said:
    "

"
    you havent heard fesak's rants on omega levels yet have you :P
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By John Valentine
    Resonate said:
    "John Valentine said:
    "

"
    you havent heard fesak's rants on omega levels yet have you :P
    "
    I have but I still insist on saying it. Fine i'll rephrase that as "omega potential".
    Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Resonate

hahaha, he thinks that the entire concept of leveling them is stupid, and its sorta makes sense, because with the powers of writing they can do anything :P

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By John Valentine
    Resonate said:
    "hahaha, he thinks that the entire concept of leveling them is stupid, and its sorta makes sense, because with the powers of writing they can do anything :P
    "

I think it's a good idea, I mean there needs to be definitive divides between characters of different power levels.

Eg, Blindfold is not on the same level as Proffessor X.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By John Valentine

Also, people are judged and ranked by society so why cannot comic readers do the same to fictional characters?

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Resonate

they can, but it doesnt need to be official :P

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By John Valentine
    Resonate said:
    "they can, but it doesnt need to be official :P
    "
    It's easier for reference if it is.
    fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By fesak  Moderator

My main problem with the Omega term is that is doesn't mean anything. It's just a lame way by writers to say OMG!!1 This guy is badazz!!!!
    So Elixir has the Omega level label slapped onto him. Does this mean he will defeat anyone that isn't omega?
    No, i would guess he'll get beaten by pretty much anyone with telepathic or magic powers. And Wolverine.

Another example is Iceman who, being omega supposedly has unlimited potential, which by the way must mean they can do anything or else it's not unlimited. What difference does it make if can be extremely powerful if he never lives up to that potential?
    What has he ever done that's so awesome? When Emma Frost possessed him for a short while a couple of years ago she could use his powers much better than he does himself. AoA Iceman was also used his powers much better that 616 Iceman. My conclusion is that he's not very good with his powers, so what difference does it make that he's Omega.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By John Valentine
    fesak said:
    "My main problem with the Omega term is that is doesn't mean anything. It's just a lame way by writers to say OMG!!1 This guy is badazz!!!!
    So Elixir has the Omega level label slapped onto him. Does this mean he will defeat anyone that isn't omega?
    No, i would guess he'll get beaten by pretty much anyone with telepathic or magic powers. And Wolverine.

Another example is Iceman who, being omega supposedly has unlimited potential, which by the way must mean they can do anything or else it's not unlimited. What difference does it make if can be extremely powerful if he never lives up to that potential?
    What has he ever done that's so awesome? When Emma Frost possessed him for a short while a couple of years ago she could use his powers much better than he does himself. AoA Iceman was also used his powers much better that 616 Iceman. My conclusion is that he's not very good with his powers, so what difference does it make that he's Omega.

"

The difference is the power they would possess if they were not limited by inexperience of their powers.

On a side note, I phrased what I said previously poorly. What I meant to say was that Elixir could have the power to change his skin colour.
    X-23/Elixir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By X-23/Elixir

It is Power controle...

G-w-D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By G-w-D
    Elixir's skin is gold it was reasoned that the cause was one of two factors, Beast at first thought that it as a secondry mutation come incredibly early but later Dani came to believe that it was the result of Elixir's subconcius desire to once again become the perfect golden child that he was before his mutat manifestation.

If so then Josh should be able to change the pigment of his skin to what ever he so wishes,  this case though probably was just he X-force artist was just being lazy.

@fesak
    said:
    "My main problem with the Omega term is that is doesn't mean anything. It's just a lame way by writers to say OMG!!1 This guy is badazz!!!!

Another example is Iceman who, being omega supposedly has unlimited potential, which by the way must mean they can do anything or else it's not unlimited. What difference does it make if can be extremely powerful if he never lives up to that potential?What has he ever done that's so awesome? When Emma Frost possessed him for a short while a couple of years ago she could use his powers much better than he does himself. AoA Iceman was also used his powers much better that 616 Iceman. My conclusion is that he's not very good with his powers, so what difference does it make that he's Omega."

The Omega Term does mean something it means that they posses the Potential to accomplish anything immaginable in they're area of Power use combined with their Mutations haveing no faults what so ever. Its supposed to be all about Potential not about power level, but that being said any Omega level mutant who lives up to his Omega potential and refnes his ability would be incredibly powerfull and capable of beating most people who aren't Omega (Full Potential Elixir should theoretically be able to murder a mutant like Magneto easilly) 

Elixir is  an Omega level mutant who has only been intrested in increasing his abilities for about  1 year and mostly only the positive aspects of his power not the more harmfull ones, The comics never  canonly claimed he should be capable of beating any non Omega mutant on the sole basis of being identified as an Omega class

Iceman is a Mutant who's Xgene is so advanced that he can accomplish potentially anything that revolves around  cryokinesis and Water maniipulation which is his power set therefore he is Omega class, But it doesn't mean he is guaranteed to achieve full mastery over his abilities.  It's all about Potential. ICe man CAN but doesn't mean he will 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.