Follow

Elixir

Character » Elixir appears in 935 issues.

Elixir was one of the students at Xavier Institute and is known for his ability of biological manipulation which allows him to both restore life or take it on a whim, and is capable of incredible feats being one of the few active and confirmed Omega-level mutants. He is now a part of the New Mutant nation of Krakoa as a member of the Five.

Dead? SPOILERS

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Sorry I had no idea how to name this thread without spoilers

I haven't seen anyone talk about this anywhere probably because the Death of Wolverine fallout books don't seem to be all that popular but it sure did look like Elixir was killed in the Logan Legacy #7

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@danhimself: can you post a scan of his possible death? i just heard about it

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

scuzz2.0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

I hope he isn't. He is a tragically underused character. Bendis couldn't have used established teen characters instead of creating the awful supporting team that he did? All he is doing is creating more complications and background/cannon fodder characters for any new writers, who will in turn create more shitty characters that no one cares about until the entire franchise is so complicated and convoluted that no one gives a shit anymore. Oh wait, that is exactly what is happening now. Have you seen the sales charts?

My problem with this is X-23's reaction, in that she had no reaction. She considers helping him but immediately decides to run away instead. Then she risks her life to save the mass murdering Daken, WTF?

I remember a great moment between Elixir and X in the early issue of Yost n Kyle's X-force when he risked his life to remove the legacy virus from her and saved her life (she was about to jump in molten steel). It was a really nice moment between them. Now she runs away and lets him die? It really doesn't sit right with me. Like seriously, I have a funny feeling in the pit of my stomach. It bothers me when writers change characters personalities to fit their stories or the infinitely more likely, they only have a very superficial idea of what the character is about. "Clone of Wolverine, tragic past, cold blooded murderer who is discovering her humanity. Go!"

I only read DoW and the peripherals this morning and I haven’t started Wolverines yet so this might be addressed. Who am I kidding? Of course it won’t. Sigh

naymix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hi

He's alive! If you read the rumors about The Utopians (link: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/04/22/so-who-are-the-utopians-spoilers/), he's a member of this group.

csguterres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

He died today in Uncanny X-Men #2. I'm very pissed off with Cullen now.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

He died today in Uncanny X-Men #2. I'm very pissed off with Cullen now.

Wonder if he'll stay dead?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.