Follow

Elixir

Character » Elixir appears in 935 issues.

Elixir was one of the students at Xavier Institute and is known for his ability of biological manipulation which allows him to both restore life or take it on a whim, and is capable of incredible feats being one of the few active and confirmed Omega-level mutants. He is now a part of the New Mutant nation of Krakoa as a member of the Five.

Dammit Foley..stop dozing off!

KumoriKunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By KumoriKunoichi

Josh Foley aka Elixir is a "confirmed" Omega Level Mutant. Yet every time he achieves some major part in the storyline, Goldie falls into a coma, becomes catatonic, or some other form of being in lala land. I know this is because maybe he's untapped or whatever, but didn't the cuckoos help him?

This is a running gag.

1- He returns Wolfsbane's powers through a kiss!! Hooray! ..then she claws him to pieces and he's out..bleeding. 
    2- He heals the Astonishing X-Men after Danger royally ownz their asses...and goes night night.
    3- He kills Stryker! Yay!...then goes crazy and ends up catatonic.
    4- He regrows David's heart...and then decides to take a little nap...zzzzzz
    5- Messiah Complex, he takes care of this that and the otherthing...and a wall falls on him.
    6- New X-Force..gets rid of the Heroin in Rahne, and she attacks him yet again (damn she's crazy)
    7- And now...He heals Surge and Hellion..and he is out again! God someone give this kid some coffee!

Do you think there is a better way for him to control his powers? He always seems to fall asleep at incovienent times...

And did i miss any foley Nap moments?

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty

You should read the first New Mutants run.  The pattern there was 'Dani is in a dangerous situation.  Dani overcomes the dangerous situation.  Dani gets hit over the back of the head & is instantly knocked out'.  That went on for at least a year or two ;) 

But as for Josh, he is still new to this whole heroing business, and everyone relies on him all the time. 

1 - You don't really expect to be mauled after kissing someone ;) 
    2 - There was a lot of X-Men to heal, and he was still kinda inexperienced back then. 
    3 - That was the first time he'd developed the black side of his powers.  That alone would be pretty draining, but having to cope with the fact that he intentionally murdered someone is hard going. 
    4 - That  was the first time he'd healed anything major since the Cuckoos leeched Beast's medical knowledge into Josh's mind.  And it was also a dramatic moment; his friend was essentially dead.  He didn't just have to restore David's heart, but he had to do it accurately, completely and quickly before his brain starved of oxygen. 
    5 - I can guess he can subconsciously heal himself, but not wake up... yeah, that one was lame sauce.  I like Kyle & Yost, but they could have come up with something better than that. 
    6 - Well... okay, so they weren't kissing that time.  But to be fair, he wasn't to know she'd turn into a psychotic murderous hell hound the instant she saw Angel. 
    7 - Don't forget that during their time in the future hey were all decaying.  Literally dying on their feet.  Josh had to keep himself alive, then purge the Legacy virus out of two of his closest friends.  The last time he 'cured' the Legacy virus was with the help of Laura's healing factor, which neither Julian nor Nori have.  And he had to do it fast fast fast!  So, he deserved a rest ;) 

For a kid his age, he's gone through a lot.  I'm sure with time & more experience he'll keep awake.  That, or just pump him full of coffee ;)

G-w-D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By G-w-D

Yeah i've noticed this trend, althoutgh i must say in some cases it's not entirely logical seeing as Elixir should be capableof manipulating his needed cells to create chemical reactions that produce energy thus no fatigue but hey 
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By John Valentine
    @xerox-kitty said:
    "You should read the first New Mutants run.  The pattern there was 'Dani is in a dangerous situation.  Dani overcomes the dangerous situation.  Dani gets hit over the back of the head & is instantly knocked out'.  That went on for at least a year or two ;)  But as for Josh, he is still new to this whole heroing business, and everyone relies on him all the time.  1 - You don't really expect to be mauled after kissing someone ;) 2 - There was a lot of X-Men to heal, and he was still kinda inexperienced back then. 3 - That was the first time he'd developed the black side of his powers.  That alone would be pretty draining, but having to cope with the fact that he intentionally murdered someone is hard going. 4 - That  was the first time he'd healed anything major since the Cuckoos leeched Beast's medical knowledge into Josh's mind.  And it was also a dramatic moment; his friend was essentially dead.  He didn't just have to restore David's heart, but he had to do it accurately, completely and quickly before his brain starved of oxygen. 5 - I can guess he can subconsciously heal himself, but not wake up... yeah, that one was lame sauce.  I like Kyle & Yost, but they could have come up with something better than that. 6 - Well... okay, so they weren't kissing that time.  But to be fair, he wasn't to know she'd turn into a psychotic murderous hell hound the instant she saw Angel. 7 - Don't forget that during their time in the future hey were all decaying.  Literally dying on their feet.  Josh had to keep himself alive, then purge the Legacy virus out of two of his closest friends.  The last time he 'cured' the Legacy virus was with the help of Laura's healing factor, which neither Julian nor Nori have.  And he had to do it fast fast fast!  So, he deserved a rest ;)  For a kid his age, he's gone through a lot.  I'm sure with time & more experience he'll keep awake.  That, or just pump him full of coffee ;) "

Kitty, are you a budding Josh-fan?
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @John Valentine: I've been reading a lot of Kyle & Yosts stuff lately.  I only have a couple of New X-Men left to get.  But I'm not as keen on Josh as Laurie or Rahne... he's not my type ;)
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By John Valentine
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " @John Valentine: I've been reading a lot of Kyle & Yosts stuff lately.  I only have a couple of New X-Men left to get.  But I'm not as keen on Josh as Laurie or Rahne... he's not my type ;) "

Their New X-Men stuff is ace. It was, at the time of publication, my favorite on-going.  

LOL, Josh is awesome and you know it. He's just a little jaundiced :P.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @John Valentine: Indeed, it's pretty dramatic stuff.  I've even got an old friend into reading comics again just through the New X-Men.   

LOL!!  You think he'd cure that by himself ;)  Although, I have to say I don't care for the gold skin & white hair look he's had since Ariel Olivetti drew him.  It made him look like Jaundiced-Cable.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By John Valentine
    @Xerox-Kitty 

Ah, nice. That's a brilliant idea :).... she must now be hooked :P. I'll buy pretty much anything that Kyle and Yost colaborate on.  
    On the topic of New X-Men - Hellion, Elixir and X-23 had some of their best momments to date in the KY run of that book! (Hellion especially :)). 

In my eyes the gold look is fabulous - drawn by Choi and Oback he is gorgeous! 

Yuck......
    Yuck......

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @John Valentine: Yup, he loved it, Messiah Complex, X-Force, and Carey's run on X-Men up to Messiah Complex. 

I like the gold, but I wish they'd give him his blonde hair back.  Not keen on the white hair... and I really hate that image from Cable :(
    KumoriKunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By KumoriKunoichi
    @G-w-D said:
    " Yeah i've noticed this trend, althoutgh i must say in some cases it's not entirely logical seeing as Elixir should be capableof manipulating his needed cells to create chemical reactions that produce energy thus no fatigue but hey  "
    I remember the old trend before they did away with it in the New X-Men, almost every storyline, someone was told to get up. Santo in the initial stryker attacks, him again during nimrod, and Hellion during mercury falling. They should have kept that up. it would have been annoyingly funny

But yeah, foley can repair hearts, boot people out of comas and even make himself not catatonic anymore. so why oh why does he have to pass out after everything. I'm waiting for someone to fart and him to go into a coma.
    LauraX23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By LauraX23

hahaha this thread is funny :)
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By CellphoneGirl

Maybe some coffee won't hurt :]

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.