Who's In Your Mind? - Elektra

#1 Posted by Chris207 (118 posts) - - Show Bio

There’s been talk in forums about Jennifer Garner’s performance in the movie, and reviews/opinions about the movie itself. This isn’t about that.

This is about who we, as readers and fans, imagine in our heads to be the best Elektra as we read the books.

Here’s what I mean: I am a huge fan of the character when Frank Miller created her, and have every appearance she was in until she came back from the dead (the first time). Because of this, I’m not influenced by Greg Horn’s covers. So when I read those issues of Daredevil, Bizarre Adventures and even What If?, I picture Melina Kanakaredes. She’s Greek, statuesque, and looks like she could pull off the moves and be the character.

In reality, I don’t think she’d ever play the role, and I don’t think casting agents would ever offer the role to her, but she’s Elektra to me.

Who’s in your mind?  

#2 Posted by brendon277 (513 posts) - - Show Bio

I sorta liked Jennifer Garner to play her role

#3 Posted by ComicMan24 (147080 posts) - - Show Bio

Jennifer Garner wasn't bad. I don't agree about Melina Kanakaredes.

#4 Posted by Chris207 (118 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I liked Jennifer in the movie too. 
All I'm saying is that she's not who comes to mind when I read the comics.

#5 Posted by Chaos Burn (1782 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Garner was great in Daredevil... but in the Elektra movie is just couldn't get into the fact she was meant to be this amazing badass warrior assasin, personally a stronger female actor would've been better (oh and the Elektra movie itself was appauling in my opinion)

maybe.... Alice Braga, i saw her recently in Predators and she was surprisingly effective as a tough black ops woman, although she may not be the same ethnicity as Elektra
 http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0103797/

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.