Elektra, Assassin For Hire in December

Posted by G-Man (31781 posts) - - Show Bio
Elektra has always been a complex character. I think for the most part, she's always tried to be a "good" character. She had a troubled past and getting killed didn't help things.  

In the 1996 volume of Elektra, she did her best to stay on the side of the angels. I recall she even took in a teenage girl to try to steer her on the proper path.  

But things are never easy for Elektra. She managed to survive getting abducted and replaced by Skrulls before the Secret Invasion started. We just saw her back in proper form kicking major butt in her Shadowland one-shot. So what's next for Ms. Natchios? 

Marvel has released a teaser for a book coming out in December apparently called "Assassin For Hire." No other information is available. I'm sure we can all agree that being an assassin is a bad job. Even if she tries only killing "bad guys" for money, killing is killing. It should be interesting to see what leads Elektra to taking this route once again and what the other heroes in the Marvel Universe will think when they find out. 

Does this sound like something you'd be interested in? 
Staff Online
#1 Edited by Jordanstine (907 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the artwork...  

Elektra will be like Dexter (Showtime) - Good (a cop) by day... Bad (serial killer) by night. 

It's good to be bad, and so bad to be good. 

The best of both worlds...    
#2 Posted by N7_Normandy (2430 posts) - - Show Bio

great looking cover

#3 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm I hope this is an ongoing series, Elektra used to be Marvel's premier Heroine, but her popularity seems to of been fading in recent years. Shame because she's one of my all time favs.   

Although if it is an ongoing, I'm not sure how long it will last before it's cancelled, Elektra hasn't had the best history with ongoing series'...   

Also seems that Harvey Tolibao is involved with it, and if his work on the Psylocke mini series is anything to go buy, then this will be worth picking up! 

#4 Posted by sora_thekey (8159 posts) - - Show Bio

I have read a lot of Elektra books and none of them have made me feel attracted to this character. Nothing about her says that I should read about her... but I am open minded, I'll probably read the first issue and test out the title.

#5 Posted by BuddyBulson (427 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey:  i agree, nothing screams to me. I dont care for kill tho so maybe thats it.
#6 Posted by 614azrael (10307 posts) - - Show Bio

sweet

#7 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks pretty cool but kinda reminds me of the new Titans story.

#8 Posted by Doctor!!!!! (2055 posts) - - Show Bio

Way better than the Movie.

#9 Posted by NXH (1031 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey said:
"I have read a lot of Elektra books and none of them have made me feel attracted to this character. Nothing about her says that I should read about her... but I am open minded, I'll probably read the first issue and test out the title. "
You took the words right outta my mouth. Not exactually. But similar. 

Never been a fan or let alone even liked Elektra. She's always kind of been overlooked in my mind. 
I did enjoy the time when she was the leader for the hand, until she turned out to be a Skrull =/
#10 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

Assassin For Hire eh? For some reason it made me immediately think of "Heroes For Hire". I would not be surprised if we see more teasers of other characters with this slogan.

#11 Posted by darkwolverineUSMC (315 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh yeah. Electra doing what she does best, killing. She's a freakin ninja for god's sake, she needs to do ninja things!

#12 Posted by 604comics (89 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, I would buy this. I would like this to be an ongoing. Great cover. Her rack is a bit too big but other than that, sexy.

#13 Posted by brendon277 (513 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My day could not get any better

#14 Posted by LordCmdrStryker (16 posts) - - Show Bio

Even the cover is a thousand times better than anything Deadpool.  I'm in.

#15 Posted by brendon277 (513 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if it's just like a one shot or if she's actually getting her own thing but if so it'll probably only be like 20 issues but whatever it's still Elektra :)

#16 Posted by Benuben (230 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry, but i think that Marvel really spoils their stories by these promos.

#17 Posted by Jayso4201 (595 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks cool, who says our fav characters have to always be good, I mean Punisher kills, so does Wolvie, maybe she's just getting back to her roots.
#18 Posted by 00 Raiser (442 posts) - - Show Bio

If Talibao is doing the work......All I have to say is SOLD!!!!!
#19 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8985 posts) - - Show Bio

I am getting that

#20 Posted by spider-man 2996 (660 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool :)
#21 Posted by ForbushBug (496 posts) - - Show Bio
@604comics said:
" Oh, I would buy this. I would like this to be an ongoing. Great cover. Her rack is a bit too big but other than that, sexy. "
Well, I'm sure she's made enough money killing folk to get work done. "Elektra: Implants for Hire."
#22 Posted by JarJarMinks (68 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed Elektra's Shadowland one-shot more than enough to give this book a serious look.

#23 Posted by Lvenger (19084 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Elektra going back to her murderous bad ass roots. Some charcters are destined to be better bad ass e.g Elektra Wolverine.

#24 Posted by ImperiousRix (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

I've only ever been into Elektra as a side character to Daredevil, but seeing as I don't really feel like getting into the convoluted DD titles right now, maybe I'll get into this when it's inevitably released.

#25 Posted by GraphicCasualFreak (221 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone know who is doing the art for this one?

#26 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

This better be good.Marvel owes Elektra fans big time.This could be her time to shine again.

#27 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5433 posts) - - Show Bio

Good to see Elektra get her own issue again.

#28 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18847 posts) - - Show Bio
@haydenclaireheroes said:
" I am getting that "
You spoke my mind.
#29 Posted by madthoughts (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Works for Deadpool.  

Although, Eletktra has never been funny. And I liked that '96 Deodato series. There were some gems in that short series.

#30 Posted by Krakoa (550 posts) - - Show Bio

Elektra: Assassin is probably one of my favorite comics of all time, but I've been pretty disappointed by most non-Miller interpretations of the character. I'll probably check this out with wild optimism only to be let down, but it's the price Elektra fans pay.

#31 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

Great news!
Will this be a new mini or a full on-going series?

I liked her 90s series, but her 2000s series was..kinda..bad.. :(
I mean, even the art was quite ugly in the first ~10 issues or so..

#32 Posted by Aspenite (892 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice cover!

#33 Posted by brendon277 (513 posts) - - Show Bio
@Krakoa: If the guy who wrote Dark Rein: Elektra and Shadowland: Elektra is writing it i'm sure we won't be dissapointed
#34 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

that cover looks real good

#35 Edited by NYStreets09e (159 posts) - - Show Bio

ill buy it im a Huge Elektra mark and taken how we've  been let down for a while its time Elektra gets back her Spotlight!!!

#36 Posted by daredevil21134 (11360 posts) - - Show Bio

agreed

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.