Follow

Electro

Character » Electro appears in 995 issues.

One of Spider-Man's most dangerous enemies, the electric human dynamo known as Electro has constantly been a major threat for the Amazing Spider-Man.

Am I missing something?

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Gambit1024

It seems that a majority of the interwebz population has shown to really dislike this character ever since it was revealed that he's gonna be the next villain in the next Spider-Man movie. I don't get it. What gives? Why do people hate him so much?

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By the_tree

I've no idea, I enjoy him whenever he pops up in the comics. I think most of the hate stems from the fact that Jamie Foxx is playing the character. My only problem is that I don't see him as a character that can carry a movie as the central antagonist, but with good writing anything's possible.

Aeroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Aeroman

It's not that I don't hate him it's just to me I can't see Jamie foxx as electro. I could see Jamie foxx as black lightning if they ever did a movie on him

spideygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By spideygirl

I have a question, is the man under Electro's suit, black? because if he's not I don't see why they chose Jamie Foxx for that role.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Mega_spidey01

i'm looking forward to seeing him in asm 2. hope hopefully, jamie foxx will do a good job. 

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By EdBlank

It's called racism. Welcome to America. I am pretty sure the comic book Electro is white, but I seriously don't recall one detail about him besides he has electro powers. Does anyone know his government name off the top of their head? Suddenly, though, his demographic is this huge deal now that a black guy may play him. Face it: for Electro all you need is a guy throwing electricity (I don't even remember how his powers work). Under his classic mask all you really get is the chin anyways. Don't act like Stan Lee (or whoever) had to go on a three month hiatus to work out all the details of Electro's "character". Just like with Rhino, Vulture, Lizard and all the childishly simple villians: they said "who's gonna rob the bank this week?" "Ummmm how about a guy with electric powers... Elec...tro? Yeah that'll work".

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

I don't really care. Kingpin was never black but I enjoyed him in the Daredevil movie, yes I liked that movie. Well the directors cut anyway.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#8  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I was wondering the same thing, personally he's one of my favorite Spider-Man villains.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SUNMAN

@EdBlank said:

It's called racism. Welcome to America. I am pretty sure the comic book Electro is white, but I seriously don't recall one detail about him besides he has electro powers. Does anyone know his government name off the top of their head? Suddenly, though, his demographic is this huge deal now that a black guy may play him. Face it: for Electro all you need is a guy throwing electricity (I don't even remember how his powers work). Under his classic mask all you really get is the chin anyways. Don't act like Stan Lee (or whoever) had to go on a three month hiatus to work out all the details of Electro's "character". Just like with Rhino, Vulture, Lizard and all the childishly simple villians: they said "who's gonna rob the bank this week?" "Ummmm how about a guy with electric powers... Elec...tro? Yeah that'll work".

this. Electro is a one dimensional villain all about his electric powers. As far as the comics go he's always been boring to me. They've never done too much with him imo.

Jamie Foxx is a good actor so he could probably bring some life to the character, still wish they had gone with a different villain.

As for people crying about his race, get over it this is 2012. Comic movie adaptions have shown to be incredibly flexible, the main concern should be how appealing and entertaining the movie is/will be.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JonSmith

@EdBlank said:

Maximillion Dillon. Goes by Max. Electrician prior to super powered villainy, got powers in a lightning bolt accident while on the job. His powers work via he himself generating large amounts of electricity which he can use for a variety of purposes. For greater feats, he can absorb electricity from outer sources (even blacking out a city on one occasion, I believe) though he can get overloaded.

I'm no Electro fan by any means, and if Jamie Foxx can do a decent job in the role, more power to him. I just don't think Electro, either as a character himself or as a character in a movie, is enough to carry a movie. I suspect they may have another villain whose actually the primary bad guy.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By Gambit1024

To those saying that he couldn't hold a movie on his own, do/did you feel the same way about Lizard?

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
    YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

I'm actually looking forward to it. Electro is extremely underrated and this is a much needed boost in his appearances.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

I like Electro, but I think he is a poor choice as a villain in a movie. and Jamie Foxx is a poor choice to play him.

DarkDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DarkDay

@spideygirl said:

I have a question, is the man under Electro's suit, black? because if he's not I don't see why they chose Jamie Foxx for that role.

I'm sorry, but I have to ask what sort of question is that? What the heck does Jamie Foxx's skin color have to do with him taking an acting role? If people are upset with Electro perhaps being a bad villain choice...good for them...if they think Jamie Foxx isn't a good actor...also good for them...but skin color having anything to do with the roles someone takes or doesn't take sounds freaking preposterous. Also let me point out that no one ever has a thing to say when a person is of a different heritage in real life but they're suddenly played by a caucasian actor, so it always boggles my mind when the inverse happens.

swungomonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By swungomonkey

For anybody on here who doesn't really know or appreciate electro, read asm 422. You really get to know the character until they change the artwork and additude in 425. Dunno. But give him a chance

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

I don't care about his skin color. What I'm angry about is turning a criminal Maxx Dillon from the comic books into another 'guy in the wrong place in the wrong time'.

comedy_brosUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't care about his skin color. What I'm angry about is turning a criminal Maxx Dillon from the comic books into another 'guy in the wrong place in the wrong time'.

that's how it was in the comic though. the movie adaption is actually pretty accurate to the comics, minus the whole eel thing.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.