Elasti-Girl Questions ?

#1 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1241 posts) - - Show Bio

I have two questions about Elasti-Girl (Rita Farr)... 1) Why is she called Elasti-Girl ? It said she has the power to grow like Hank Pym or Colossal Boy... 2) is she still marreid to Mento ? I heard there merrage was on the rocks ?

#2 Edited by The_Tree (7200 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Definition of elastic: Able to resume its normal shape spontaneously after contraction, dilatation, or distortion. So her name's fairly spot on, even if someone more so associates elasticity with characters like Mr. Fantastic.
  2. From what I remember, she's either divorced from Mento, or in the process of getting divorced. It was revealed that the way he swept her off of her feet was by reading her mind and being her dream guy, which Rita saw as a complete invasion of privacy.
#3 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1241 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree said:

1. Definition of elastic: Able to resume its normal shape spontaneously after contraction, dilatation, or distortion. So her name's fairly spot on, even if someone more so associates elasticity with characters like Mr. Fantastic.
  2. From what I remember, she's either divorced from Mento, or in the process of getting divorced. It was revealed that the way he swept her off of her feet was by reading her mind and being her dream guy, which Rita saw as a complete invasion of privacy.

Oh I see. Well thanks for the help.

#4 Posted by The_Tree (7200 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kid_Omega_Prime: No problem at all.

#5 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1241 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree said:

@Kid_Omega_Prime: No problem at all.

Oh I found something else out I found out that Elasti-Girl is now in a relationship with someone else ? But I don't know who ?... I said she is with ether Robotman or Negative Man ?

#6 Edited by The_Tree (7200 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kid_Omega_Prime: I don't think she was with anyone after her breakup with Steve. But there's always room for me to be wrong, it's been over a year since I read the series.

#7 Posted by mimic12 (548 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait hold on a sec... How can Elasti-Girl be in a relationship with Robotman or Negative Man ? Robotman is all metal execpt for his brain and as for Negative Man. I know he is in love with her but without his bandages he is radioactive. So they cant be together ether. Unless Elasti-Girl is imune to radiation ?

#8 Posted by The_Tree (7200 posts) - - Show Bio

@mimic12: You can still be in a relationship with somebody if you're in a robot body. Same thing goes for Negative Man in bandages. Sex =/= Being in a relationship. Her body is also currently made of protoplasm, where she can actually change shape or reform/regenerate herself, so that may possibly make her immune to radiation.

#9 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1241 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree said:

@mimic12: You can still be in a relationship with somebody if you're in a robot body. Same thing goes for Negative Man in bandages. Sex =/= Being in a relationship. Her body is also currently made of protoplasm, where she can actually change shape or reform/regenerate herself, so that may possibly make her immune to radiation.

Ha Ha Ha... Wow I did not know she was made of protoplasm. I thought she was more like Plastic Man. So if EG Is made of protoplasm then dose she still have blood and other organs ? Morph is made of Unstable Molecules and he dose not have blood or bones.

#10 Posted by The_Tree (7200 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kid_Omega_Prime: She wasn't originally made of protoplasm, but when she died, Chief regrew/cloned her. I have no idea about the organs thing, but she at least has to have a brain if Steve was able to read her mind. I just know that she has to constantly reshape herself to maintain the original Rita appearance.

#11 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1241 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree said:

@Kid_Omega_Prime: She wasn't originally made of protoplasm, but when she died, Chief regrew/cloned her. I have no idea about the organs thing, but she at least has to have a brain if Steve was able to read her mind. I just know that she has to constantly reshape herself to maintain the original Rita appearance.

So the current Elasti-Girl isant even the real Rita Farr ? Just a clone.

#12 Posted by The_Tree (7200 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kid_Omega_Prime: I guess you can answer that question with "not really." She has the memories of old Rita, so she sort of is, it's pretty tricky. It's the same thing with Cliff, his brain is a cloned brain of old Cliff. And Negative Man's body is a cloned body of the original Larry Trainor, while his consciousness resides within the Negative Spirit.

#13 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1241 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree said:

@Kid_Omega_Prime: I guess you can answer that question with "not really." She has the memories of old Rita, so she sort of is, it's pretty tricky. It's the same thing with Cliff, his brain is a cloned brain of old Cliff. And Negative Man's body is a cloned body of the original Larry Trainor, while his consciousness resides within the Negative Spirit.

Wow apently DC realy likes cloning.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.