Rob Zombie's El Superbeasto Is Headed To DVD

Posted by G-Man (30358 posts) - - Show Bio

Rob Zombie's The Haunted World Of El Superbeasto is finally being released.  Who is El Superbeasto?  El Superbeasto is a former (washed up) Mexican luchador who is now a secret agent of sorts.  According to Slash Film, the project cost $10 million.  The original plans were to have a theatrical release for the movie but there had been problems with the company that owned the rights.  The movie is going to be crazy (if you haven't read the graphic novel).  Rob Zombie described it as "Scooby-Doo meets NC-17."

The voice cast includes Paul Giamatti, Rosario Dawson, Brian Posehn and Danny Trejo.  It was co-written and co-directed by Mr. Lawrence (SpongeBob SquarePants, Rocko's Modern Life).  It will be on DVD next month by Anchor Bay and will be pushing the limits of its R rating.  Check out the trailer:

Staff
#1 Posted by Drafta (690 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm.  I've never read the graphic novel, so I can't really criticize it.  I might check it out.

#2 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27082 posts) - - Show Bio

does not show me enough DAMMIT 

but looks good

#3 Posted by NightFang (9819 posts) - - Show Bio

This should be on TV.
#4 Posted by The Crimson Nutcase (813 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see this being on adult swim

#5 Posted by NightFang (9819 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Crimson Nutcase said:
"I could see this being on adult swim "
              Or on HBO, later at night at 10:00 or 12:00pm.
#6 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

Hard to say but looks funky.  I like funky.  And Rosario Dawson...mmm..too bad its only her voice.  *sigh*

#7 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

It's about time
#8 Posted by Omega Flight (11 posts) - - Show Bio

thats so cool i can't wait
#9 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

me wanty
#10 Posted by Obsurity (263 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm getting it, looks kinda funny

#11 Posted by Citizen 14 (1236 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good.

#12 Posted by IGMAN (23 posts) - - Show Bio

anything rob zombie is associated with is awesome.
#13 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

looks good

#14 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

the fact that they cant even show much of anything in the trailers....means im already confirmed watching it, that and its by Zombie of course.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.