Seriously, you guys?

• 52 results
Posted by TypingKira (3509 posts) - - Show Bio

What the hell is with everyone bashing Twilight fans? I know we're annoying, but we're people too, and I don't see anyone here bashing ANYONE as much as Twilight fans are getting it. Think before you write guys, free speech it up, but think of who you're hurting when you make fun of Twi-hards. Because remember, you're on a COMIC BOOK BLOG. You're just as nerdy as us. 

#1 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

Vampires arnt suppose to sparkle

#2 Posted by Mercy_ (92698 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the books. The movies on the other hand are complete s#!t

#3 Posted by SC (13110 posts) - - Show Bio

lol, so had a brain misfunction and thought this would be a thread about the Goonies lol 

Uh, but uh hey? What? I don't mind Twilight, where is the hate? Twilight is more like a meme really. Its actually pretty cool that so many people who don't usually get into something this much, well have something to get into. The smartest, and coolest person I know is a big Twilight fan, but she tells me the books are better, but most books usually are. Plus it has its flaws, but for the genre it was meant to be, well. I mean, its not as if people in general are into quality anyway, look at mainstream music and TV.  

I like Alice Cullen ^_^ 

Oh, but all fans shouldn't worry too much about what other people say concerning what they like. Thats half the problem right there, people should feel free to engage in conversation and debate but shouldn't get hurt if some dudes on the other side of the world are having some lighthearted fun at something you like. Thats all it is sometimes, don't tell me you didn't lol at the Blade Twilight photo manips lol

#4 Edited by War Killer (20207 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't have anything against the fans, I have a few friends not to mention my girlfriend who are fans of the books/movies. I'm just not a big vampire fan, especially for the Twilight versions -___-

#5 Posted by LightBright (4297 posts) - - Show Bio

I have nothing against the fans, I just really didn't appreciate the books or the message they share about love and relationships (IMO). I don't usually hate the fans of stuff as much as the actual stuff. ^_^

#6 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

What I have a problem with is the fact that Stephanie Meyer did not research vampyre literature one iota (which even she admits) before heading into this whole book series all willy nilly.  Have nothing against fans.  The movies are...well, heh so silly I cannot even stand them (though I must due to a sister whom I must take to every new movie that comes out).  If the fans like the books and movies, that's just fine.  But personally for me, I'll take Underworld related material or even Bram Stoker stuff any day. 
#7 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

It's fun and Harry Potter suddenly became cool somewhere between 2007 and 2009 and it became wrong to pick on Harryites. Harryheads...Potter People...Potterheads... 

Note to self: come up with cool name for Harry Potter fanboys.

#8 Posted by Whisper_ (3459 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedheadedAtrocitus said:
" What I have a problem with is the fact that Stephanie Meyer did not research vampyre literature one iota (which even she admits) before heading into this whole book series all willy nilly.  Have nothing against fans.  The movies are...well, heh so silly I cannot even stand them (though I must due to a sister whom I must take to every new movie that comes out).  If the fans like the books and movies, that's just fine.  But personally for me, I'll take Underworld related material or even Bram Stoker stuff any day.  "
As a fan of the books, the movies are horrible.
#9 Edited by industrious (482 posts) - - Show Bio

Because we dislike the...what's a good word for it...castration of the modern vampire. Vampires should be scary, and awesome. Twilight "vampires" are not.

Vampires, while most authors put their own unique spin on them, also fall within a certain boundary. Just as nobody would call a unicorn with no horn a unicorn, Meyer's creatures don't qualify as vampires.

Plus, there's the horrible writing, characterization, etc.

As for me personally, because my cousin won't stop bothering me about how awesome they are. It's misguided anger,  and I'm aware of that. But it's fun to vent.

#10 Edited by Sexy Merc (42072 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't bash Twilight fans but I think Twilight (books/movies) as a whole is a waste of time.

#11 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34406 posts) - - Show Bio

The OP isn't complaining about Twilight being made fun of, but Twilight fans receiving hate. There's a difference, people.

#12 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" The movies on the other hand are complete s#!t "
QFT
#13 Posted by batman_is_god (1185 posts) - - Show Bio
@TypingKira:
You can't cite free speech as a reason for people not to make fun of you. Logic like that is why people make fun of "twi-hards". That and your taste in girly guys, bad acting, and generic plots.
#14 Posted by TypingKira (3509 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for responding so fast everyone! ^-^  
Darkchild, RedheadedAtrocitus (sorry if I spelled that wrong), and industrious, as a writer, I don't think there was anything wrong with Stephenie Meyer making her own version of a mythology thats, frankly, being used up. I'm a big fan of the Vampire Diaries too, (in the show, they make fun of twilight a LOT).  
Yes, the writing is crap, the plot in the first book is crap, the characterization is crap and Bella is a mop. I'll be the first to admit it. But it was something that gave millions of teenage girls something to READ. I live in the kind of place where NO ONE EVER READS. Except me and some other annoying white and asian kids. Twilight renewed interest in reading for kids who pretty much live in the ghetto.  It used some words no one understood and made people figure out what they were, now boom, that's one more chola who knows the word 'sanguine'.  

#15 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

#16 Posted by LightBright (4297 posts) - - Show Bio
@TypingKira said:
" Thanks for responding so fast everyone! ^-^  Darkchild, RedheadedAtrocitus (sorry if I spelled that wrong), and industrious, as a writer, I don't think there was anything wrong with Stephenie Meyer making her own version of a mythology thats, frankly, being used up. I'm a big fan of the Vampire Diaries too, (in the show, they make fun of twilight a LOT).  Yes, the writing is crap, the plot in the first book is crap, the characterization is crap and Bella is a mop. I'll be the first to admit it. But it was something that gave millions of teenage girls something to READ. I live in the kind of place where NO ONE EVER READS. Except me and some other annoying white and asian kids. Twilight renewed interest in reading for kids who pretty much live in the ghetto.  It used some words no one understood and made people figure out what they were, now boom, that's one more chola who knows the word 'sanguine'.   "
That's a really nice way to look at it. :)
#17 Posted by danhimself (22548 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't have a problem with the fans what I do have a problem with is them shoving it in everyone's faces....I hate the extent that the fanboyism has gotten to in such a short time

#18 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@TypingKira: I think I'd rather have people not reading, then Twilight being an option for your required reading in high school over books from history that actually matter, I know that some high school kids are illiterate and have never read a book in their lives (no seriously I do) but reading Twilight doesn't make you educated

I don't hate the fans, and although I think the product is laughable, the only reason I feel that way is because of the pedestal it was raised on when there's nothing significantly special about it...otherwise, if people find the books fun or whatever it's appeal is then that's great...as long as it's not regarded as a piece of significant literature, I have no problem...I just don't want in centuries from now for people to capture this period of time in English class with an excerpt of Twilight
#19 Posted by TypingKira (3509 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123: LMAO!!!! I heart Blade. 
#20 Posted by TypingKira (3509 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
" @TypingKira: I think I'd rather have people not reading, then Twilight being an option for your required reading in high school over books from history that actually matter, I know that some high school kids are illiterate and have never read a book in their lives (no seriously I do) but reading Twilight doesn't make you educated I don't hate the fans, and although I think the product is laughable, the only reason I feel that way is because of the pedestal it was raised on when there's nothing significantly special about it...otherwise, if people find the books fun or whatever it's appeal is then that's great...as long as it's not regarded as a piece of significant literature, I have no problem...I just don't want in centuries from now for people to capture this period of time in English class with an excerpt of Twilight "
Um, ew, no. I've never heard of it being required reading. You'd be crossing some serious religious boundaries with that. But I have to disagree with you about the nothing special part, just a little bit. There has to be something special about it to have made it blow up like it did. I'm not being all 'preachy fangirl', but as someone who's done a little research on the industry (just a little, by no means do I know anything), I think that it sets itself apart in an isolated, emo vampire way. 
#21 Edited by Vitality (1764 posts) - - Show Bio

I've said it before and I will say it again.... 

Twilight haters are worse than twilight fans. 

Seriously....I am reminded more of twilight from the "supposed" haters than from actual fans. 

It's like the "haters" are more obsessed with it than the fans.
#22 Posted by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

Whilst I respect Meyer for captivating this generations youth with her work. As an avid writer, and more so, reader, I find Twilight to be overly bland, generic and not worthy of insane amount of hype it has received within the last 5 years. I'll openly admit that I've read them (Aside from that spin off novel). But again, I found her work to be boring, lacking in proper, unique characterization and prone to severe outbreaks of Mary Sueism. An attribute that I can't tend to stand. The series one saving grace, and perhaps the only character I feel some empathy was Rosalie, and that was because in the space of one chapter within Eclipse, she was developed far beyond what Bella or Edward received in the entire Saga.

#23 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@TypingKira: I know of a high school (not one I attended thankfully) where it was an "option" (not forced down throats yet) for required reading over the more classic choices. 

If you can figure out what made it blow up, let me know, because I for the life of me cannot...I've read better vampire books and better love stories...maybe it's the emo part but even then...there must be other good emo books out there, right?
#24 Edited by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

I am trying to ignore twilight but you ask why the hate here it is.Twilight fanbase should be consider the second lowest. 

Your litature is bad mockery on everything fantasy. There is reason it is consider and example of mary sue. It has nothing intelligent to offer.  It ruined vampre and werewolves. It soon going to ruin one of my favorite fairy tales: Little Red Riding Hood. %@#% you Twilight. 

I would never thought I would see the day when My little pony is more bad ass than vampires and werewolves  but this and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic shown it was possible. I am serious. Here is a video to prove it     

#25 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@Darkchild said:
"

Vampires arnt suppose to sparkle

"
lol
#26 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18854 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" Love the books. The movies on the other hand are complete s#!t "
Agreed all the way. The books had so much potential to be made into a good movie series.
#27 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vitality said:
"I've said it before and I will say it again....  Twilight haters are worse than twilight fans.  Seriously....I am reminded more of twilight from the "supposed" haters than from actual fans.  It's like the "haters" are more obsessed with it than the fans. "

They aren't obsessed with Twilight. 
They're obsessed with making fun of Twilight. 

Big difference.
#28 Posted by Pr_Beyonder (2440 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc said:
"

I don't bash Twilight fans but I think Twilight (books/movies) as a while is a waste of time.

"

Agreed. 

Anyway,Taylor Lautner's the man!
#29 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio

same here 
people can like what they like 
but I think Twilight is pretty much god awful
#30 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34406 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:
" They aren't obsessed with Twilight. They're obsessed with making fun of Twilight.  Big difference. "
IMO, both camps are equally annoying.
#31 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Vampires burn in the sunlight. Fairies sparkle in the sunlight.  

Famous Vampires: Nosferatu, Vlad Teppes,  Blade (halfsie) 
Famous Fairies: Cosmo & Wanda, Tinkerbelle, Edward Cullen (possibly pure bred)

#32 Posted by CDviper (9115 posts) - - Show Bio

secret confession :/ i am a twilight fan *cowers*

#33 Posted by TypingKira (3509 posts) - - Show Bio
@Backflip: That was the best book of the whole series, Bree Tanner. IT WAS SO MUCH BETTER. It feels like she's grown as a writer in that one. 
#34 Posted by TypingKira (3509 posts) - - Show Bio
@CDviper said:
" secret confession :/ i am a twilight fan *cowers* "
And there's no shame in that, *pat on back*. No shame at all. Admitting the problem is the first step to recovery.  

"I am CDviper, and I am a Twilight fan." 
"Hello CDviper," they chanted monotonously. The enthusiasm was as thick as boiling water and faces were as fresh as Edward Cullen's.  

I'm an average little fan, but my real purpose here was standing up for the ppl that really really really dig Twilight and get bashed for it. I just don't think it's fair that it happens like that. There isn't much cool fantasy for girls out there, so this is kind of like. . . crack for us, really. 
#35 Posted by moffattbooks (139 posts) - - Show Bio

mmm...I don't think it 's so much hating Twilight but what it represents:  I'm a guy btw and these are my 3 cents <inflation thank you> 

1.  Harry Potter came along and made it superbig so naturally the publishing houses all scrambled to find the next big miniseries, Twilight was in the right place, right time. 

2.  Twilight was then plastered everywhere on the net, in the real world in an effort to milk as much money as possible.  I remember songs like that that were played so much I coudn't stand listening to them anymore.  Years went by in some cases. 

3.  The message the books send out are conflicting for, girls love the series but the main heroine suffers from low esteem, never goes to college and hangs out with boys who could kill her with a snap of her neck.  Not the best of messages parents want thier daughters to have.  for boys it's equally insulting because girls would measure up potential boyfriends to these standards and they will always fall short.  Mixed signals both ways doesn't help during the impressible years for both gender. 

Keep in mind that I tried to read the books, the first was slow and I stopped 1/4 of a way through the 2nd book.  I put it down and tried about 2 years later and put it down about the same place I did the first time.  I'm a  huge booklover so getting turned off by a book is a big thing for me.  Look at my 10 bookshelves as evidence of that.

#36 Posted by TypingKira (3509 posts) - - Show Bio
@moffattbooks: Kay, no one try to like, send me inappropriate messages, but I'm 17. I get how you could be turned off, but the fact is that Twilight was rejected 11 times. Everyone else thought it was crap too. The lady that wrote it has 2 sons, naturally she'd want to get her money out of her work.  
I read Twilight when I was 13 and while I think Edward is a hunk of steamy fruitcake, I have plans to go to college and know and understand that Twilight is a book and Edward doesn't exist and neck-snapping is not a quality I seek in a future husband.  Always do and always have and always will. But R. Pattinson is real!
10 bookshelves? Well done man.  I grew up in a literature-loving household and the first thing my grandparents do when they move is get rid of books ( a lot of them). 
#37 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

If you like twilight you have no taste I'm sorry but its true Myers is one of the worst writers working her characters are weak, her story and plotting are pathetic and I don't care what anyone says those damned sparkle faeries are not vampires. And the movies are awful

#38 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio
@TypingKira: even Pattinson hates twilight he said so himself
#39 Posted by kuchiku (4070 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay first vampires are demons with no soul and a dried up heart praying to be staked, 

Second, There are so many better vampire books out there why in the hell are people wasting there time with twilight?? 

Third the best part of the twilight movies was Taylor Lautner Shirtless, Cut out everything else and remove the audio, now theres 4 minutes id pay to see. 

Fourth
, An anorexic old as crap, vampire who has obviusly never heard of a comb, that stalks ugly little white girls....does not deserve to be loved at all! and now 

Fifth, last but not least!, BUFFY OWNZZZ TWILIGHT!!! Comparing those two is like comparing Lost and Dollhouse, one was just stupid and the other got canceled!

#40 Posted by halfpastwhenever (132 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy said:
" It's fun and Harry Potter suddenly became cool somewhere between 2007 and 2009 and it became wrong to pick on Harryites. Harryheads...Potter People...Potterheads...  Note to self: come up with cool name for Harry Potter fanboys. "
Pot-heads? It would explain some of that magic nonsense... :)
#41 Posted by TypingKira (3509 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude, when did this thread stop being about hating Twilight fans and start being a twilight opinion bucket?

#42 Posted by VanTesla (518 posts) - - Show Bio
@TypingKira: 
 Twilight is a blight to Vampires, cinema, books, and the intelligence of the human race...

OT: Wish I could find the pick of Alucard mind raping Edward...
#43 Posted by hydrabob--defunct (14860 posts) - - Show Bio

ok you know what ill be the dick you says it

I HATE TWILIGHT FANS YOU PEOPLE ARE WORSE THAN STORM FANS
I had just read Dracula by Bram Stoker (the first Vampire book) and a friend was telling me about Twilight (trying to convince me to read it) "yeah its awesome theres this dude Edward and he like uber powerful, like stakes cant pierce him, and he is like basically unkillable" to which i said "wait is this the emo guy that goes to high school even though he is like 100s of years old, what is he retarded he can't pass High School?" "No he's been all over the world and has seen like everything, oh also sunlight doesn't kill him either" "WHAT? he is a vampire that has none of the weaknesses of other vampires before him?" "yeah" well does he at least kill a whole bunch of people" "no he just kinda hangs out with Bella" (i think thats what he said) "yeah now i see why people call him gay" (needless to say he failed) everyone else has really covered what sucks about the books and movies so i'll cover the fans.

THERE IS NO TEAM JACOB OR TEAM EDWARD THERE IS ONLY TEAM FAIL AND ALL OF YOU ARE IN IT
i'm fine with people liking what they like (i like plenty of weird stuff) but if you try to shove your crap down my throat, i will beat you over the head with Edwards carcass.

#44 Edited by TypingKira (3509 posts) - - Show Bio
@hydrabob said:

" ok you know what ill be the dick you says it  I HATE TWILIGHT FANS YOU PEOPLE ARE WORSE THAN STORM FANS I had just read Dracula by Bram Stoker (the first Vampire book) and a friend was telling me about Twilight (trying to convince me to read it) "yeah its awesome theres this dude Edward and he like uber powerful, like stakes cant pierce him, and he is like basically unkillable" to which i said "wait is this the emo guy that goes to high school even though he is like 100s of years old, what is he retarded he can't pass High School?" "No he's been all over the world and has seen like everything, oh also sunlight doesn't kill him either" "WHAT? he is a vampire that has none of the weaknesses of other vampires before him?" "yeah" well does he at least kill a whole bunch of people" "no he just kinda hangs out with Bella" (i think thats what he said) "yeah now i see why people call him gay" (needless to say he failed) everyone else has really covered what sucks about the books and movies so i'll cover the fans.  THERE IS NO TEAM JACOB OR TEAM EDWARD THERE IS ONLY TEAM FAIL AND ALL OF YOU ARE IN IT i'm fine with people liking what they like (i like plenty of weird stuff) but if you try to shove your crap down my throat, i will beat you over the head with Edwards carcass. "

Um, wow, yeah that was unnecessary. Super rude, man. That is the single rudest, trolliest thing I have ever seen, and I seriously hope you reconsider that statement. I was fine with the other comments, but this one is just so mean. Have the decency to hold back a little bit, dude. It's called self-control. People like you are the reason I started this thread. 
#45 Edited by Vance Astro (91234 posts) - - Show Bio

COMICVINE RULE #50: IT'S ALWAYS OPEN SEASON ON TWILIGHT FANS!

#46 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
"

COMICVINE RULE #50: IT'S ALWAYS OPEN SEASON ON TWILIGHT FANS!

"
Wow number 14, the number of times i @greed with V@ ENTIRELY!
#47 Posted by hydrabob--defunct (14860 posts) - - Show Bio
@TypingKira said:
" @hydrabob said:

" ok you know what ill be the dick you says it  I HATE TWILIGHT FANS YOU PEOPLE ARE WORSE THAN STORM FANS I had just read Dracula by Bram Stoker (the first Vampire book) and a friend was telling me about Twilight (trying to convince me to read it) "yeah its awesome theres this dude Edward and he like uber powerful, like stakes cant pierce him, and he is like basically unkillable" to which i said "wait is this the emo guy that goes to high school even though he is like 100s of years old, what is he retarded he can't pass High School?" "No he's been all over the world and has seen like everything, oh also sunlight doesn't kill him either" "WHAT? he is a vampire that has none of the weaknesses of other vampires before him?" "yeah" well does he at least kill a whole bunch of people" "no he just kinda hangs out with Bella" (i think thats what he said) "yeah now i see why people call him gay" (needless to say he failed) everyone else has really covered what sucks about the books and movies so i'll cover the fans.  THERE IS NO TEAM JACOB OR TEAM EDWARD THERE IS ONLY TEAM FAIL AND ALL OF YOU ARE IN IT i'm fine with people liking what they like (i like plenty of weird stuff) but if you try to shove your crap down my throat, i will beat you over the head with Edwards carcass. "

Um, wow, yeah that was unnecessary. Super rude, man. That is the single rudest, trolliest thing I have ever seen, and I seriously hope you reconsider that statement. I was fine with the other comments, but this one is just so mean. Have the decency to hold back a little bit, dude. It's called self-control. People like you are the reason I started this thread.  "
you asked why people hate Twilight fans I told you don't get mad because you don't like the answer.
#48 Posted by TypingKira (3509 posts) - - Show Bio
@~The Wanderer~: You. . . are. . . so. . . awesome. I'm totally following you now. 
#49 Posted by Truex (460 posts) - - Show Bio
@hydrabob said:
That made my day
#50 Posted by TypingKira (3509 posts) - - Show Bio

I kinda have to agree. It bothered me at the time, but now that I look at it again, that was pretty clever For reals. Not being facetious.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.