Follow

Eddie Brock

Character » Eddie Brock appears in 1060 issues.

Eddie Brock bonded with the dark alien symbiote after it was discarded by Spider-Man, becoming the first Venom. Later, Brock became Anti-Venom, but the symbiote was lost during the events of Spider-Island. Brock has also been forcibly bonded to the Toxin Symbiote by the Crime-Master, but has reluctantly given it up to stop Carnage. Recently he has re-bonded with Venom.

Why is 'Dark Origin' treated as canon and used in this wiki?

• 64 results
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt: Isn't that the one with her as a dancer? I've been meaning to see it, because I know that she was a trained ballerina. It's actually quite evident in the way that she walks in Firefly/Serenity.  "
    Yeh, that's it. It's one of my favourite episodes :) 

@ComicMan24 said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt: I have to watch Angel eventually. "

It's my favourite non-anime television series ever.
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#52  Edited By Magian
    @FadeToBlackBolt: I watched Buffy during 2009-2010 because even though the series ended in 2003, they never showed it here. Strangely they were showing Angel for a while back then but unfortunately I didn't see it.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#53  Edited By Mercy_
    @FadeToBlackBolt: Never seen it. xP
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @ComicMan24 said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt: I watched Buffy during 2009-2010 because even though the series ended in 2003, they never showed it here. Strangely they were showing Angel for a while back then but unfortunately I didn't see it. "
    I love both, but Angel is superior, imo. 

@The Dark Huntress said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt: Never seen it. xP "

:O That hurts, Huntress, that hurts.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#55  Edited By Mercy_
    @FadeToBlackBolt: <.< Sorry?
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#56  Edited By Magian
    @FadeToBlackBolt: From what I know is darker than Buffy.
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt: <.< Sorry? "
    :P

@ComicMan24 said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt: From what I know is darker than Buffy. "

Yeh it is.
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@fesak said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Gylan Thomas said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Gylan Thomas said:
    " Didn't the cancer thing come way after Venoms first appearance? Relatively recently infact. Dark Origin was an update t omove things inline with BND from what I understood. "
    No, the cancer was something Eddie ALWAYS HAD, it was just recently revealed is all. He had cancer, and the odd mix of adrenaline it made attracted the symbiote along with his negative emotions. "
    So the cancer was retconned into always being there? Why was needed?I choose to ignore that sort of weak writing.  Hate retcons. "
    It wasn't, but it happened. That's the point. Dark Origin ignores it (and also it gets everyone out of character). Dark Origin should not be canon and used in this wiki, is what I'm getting at. "
    So it was re-retconned. Happens all the time. We can't ignore it just because you don't like it. "
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Emperor Gonzo Noir said:

" @fesak said:

" @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Gylan Thomas said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Gylan Thomas said:
    " Didn't the cancer thing come way after Venoms first appearance? Relatively recently infact. Dark Origin was an update t omove things inline with BND from what I understood. "
    No, the cancer was something Eddie ALWAYS HAD, it was just recently revealed is all. He had cancer, and the odd mix of adrenaline it made attracted the symbiote along with his negative emotions. "
    So the cancer was retconned into always being there? Why was needed?I choose to ignore that sort of weak writing.  Hate retcons. "
    It wasn't, but it happened. That's the point. Dark Origin ignores it (and also it gets everyone out of character). Dark Origin should not be canon and used in this wiki, is what I'm getting at. "
    So it was re-retconned. Happens all the time. We can't ignore it just because you don't like it. "
    "
    I still think that's bull. I haven't read a non-Spidey Marvel comic since Siege, because I refuse to believe it happened :P
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
    " @fesak said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Gylan Thomas said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Gylan Thomas said:
    "
    Anti-Venom can't exist without the cancer. And Eddie is Anti-Venom.
    Symbiocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61  Edited By Symbiocide
    @Gylan Thomas said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Gylan Thomas said:

Exactly. Most of the time, writers will later ignore these unnecessary retcons and pretend they never happened. That was the only thing Dark Origin did right. 

Even in New Ways to Die, either Slott or Wacker in an interview said that as far as they were concerned, Eddie never had the cancer from day one, or pre-Venom. The cancer happened years later, over his career as being Venom. That even would have been better than forcing some stupid Cancer angle in from out of nowhere and trying to use that as the motivation to why Eddie's been hating Spider-Man when in over twenty years Venom has always vocally stated that he hated Spider-Man for him ruining his career and ruining his personal life. 

I used to like the Hunger arc, but ehh. I think the same writer did the same kind of ass-backwards retconning for the Lizard in the same title (revealing that all these years Connors was always in control of his actions as the Lizard instead of the longstanding status quo being that the Lizard persona made him do those things...so apparently all the bad things the Lizard did was Connors in control. A lot of fans did not like that, and later writers flat out ignored that arc. That should have been the case with Eddie-having-cancer-before-ever-even-becoming-Venom-and-using-the-cancer-as-a-reason-to-hate-Spider-Man).
    Avatar image for kingamongmongrels
    KingAmongMongrels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I read a review of Dark Origins. Evidently it's horrible, full of douchebaggery, and contradicting from the times it came out. 

Ann Weying (that's her name right?) was drawn a completely different RACE and look.  And Eddie was this pathetic little liar. Those close ups on his face were scarring o_O

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#63  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Symbiocide said:
    " @Gylan Thomas said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Gylan Thomas said:
    Exactly. Most of the time, writers will later ignore these unnecessary retcons and pretend they never happened. That was the only thing Dark Origin did right.  Even in New Ways to Die, either Slott or Wacker in an interview said that as far as they were concerned, Eddie never had the cancer from day one, or pre-Venom. The cancer happened years later, over his career as being Venom. That even would have been better than forcing some stupid Cancer angle in from out of nowhere and trying to use that as the motivation to why Eddie's been hating Spider-Man when in over twenty years Venom has always vocally stated that he hated Spider-Man for him ruining his career and ruining his personal life.  I used to like the Hunger arc, but ehh. I think the same writer did the same kind of ass-backwards retconning for the Lizard in the same title (revealing that all these years Connors was always in control of his actions as the Lizard instead of the longstanding status quo being that the Lizard persona made him do those things...so apparently all the bad things the Lizard did was Connors in control. A lot of fans did not like that, and later writers flat out ignored that arc. That should have been the case with Eddie-having-cancer-before-ever-even-becoming-Venom-and-using-the-cancer-as-a-reason-to-hate-Spider-Man). "
    Really? I did not know that.
    Symbiocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64  Edited By Symbiocide
    @InnerVenom123: 

Eddie Brock's new identity as Anti-Venom has also given him a newfound sense of purpose. "Eddie has always had an element of himself linked to faith and a higher power. When he first got the Venom symbiote, he was praying in a church. He wanted vengeance, and the Venom symbiote was delivered unto him," Slott explained. "Now, despite whatever else you may have heard in other comics, it was the symbiote that was giving Eddie cancer. He asked for vengeance and got this thing that made him ill.      

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=17989 

Tell everyone.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.