Follow

Eddie Brock

Character » Eddie Brock appears in 1059 issues.

Eddie Brock bonded with the dark alien symbiote after it was discarded by Spider-Man, becoming the first Venom. Later, Brock became Anti-Venom, but the symbiote was lost during the events of Spider-Island. Brock has also been forcibly bonded to the Toxin Symbiote by the Crime-Master, but has reluctantly given it up to stop Carnage. Recently he has re-bonded with Venom.

Why dose Marvel keep doing this to Eddie ?

Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
    Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

You know I really with Marvel will make up there minds about Eddie Brock. First he is Venom then Anti-Venom now Toxin. Will they just pick a power and stick with it.

Duke_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Duke_Nasty

Yeah I want real Venom back. Hopefully Marvel relaunches.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By X35

Yeah, let's relaunch Venom and jettison the only good book he's manage to hold because some fans want boring Eddie back.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sesquipedalophobe

Also, we'll bring back the mullet. I sense good things happening here.

Avatar image for greenflashlight
    Greenflashlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Greenflashlight

Agreed Eddie was the best Venom

gambit75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By gambit75

Eddie Brock is VENOM !!! Flash Thompson and Mac Gargan are 2nd rate losers.

cc1738

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By cc1738

I like Flash Thompson as Venom! I'm honestly sick of Eddie Brock and wish they would just kill him. And if they do the Venom movie they're developing I don't want it to be Eddie Brock. It was done terribly in Spider-Man 3 and would most likely be done badly again. I want them to do the Flash Thompson version.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

@cc1738: What Flash Thompson is Venom now ? Man I really got to read more Spidy book.

cc1738

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cc1738

@Kid_Omega_Prime: Yes, he has been for over a year. He works for the military. It was written by Rick Remender. I only read the first five issues, but it was really good.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

@cc1738: Well if I find it i'll give it a shot.

Edenstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Edenstar

I'm pissed about what Marvel's done to Eddie. I liked him as Anti-Venom. It also seemed like a breath of fresh air for him. Don't get me wrong, the original was and is forever awesome. However, it was a constant love-hate relationship between the two and got a little old after a while. Eddie as Anti-Venom was his time to shine as an anti-hero. He'd gotten all the benefits of the symbiotes, got some new powers to boot and didn't have to worry about some alien taking over his mind. Then that got rid of that and Eddie became a human symbiote hunter. Fine. I could handle that. But then you kill Pat Mulligen and utterly destroy his dynamic with the Toxin symbiote, just to throw him back into an abusive relationship with our favorite alien-ooze creatures. Unacceptable.

Shoot, the only good thing with the symbiotes at the moment is Flash Thompson as Venom. Geez, why can't they give Eddie a nice gig in the super/anti-hero community and leave the guy's status quo alone for awhile? It's not hard.

VenomousDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By VenomousDragon

@Edenstar said:

I'm pissed about what Marvel's done to Eddie. I liked him as Anti-Venom. It also seemed like a breath of fresh air for him. Don't get me wrong, the original was and is forever awesome. However, it was a constant love-hate relationship between the two and got a little old after a while. Eddie as Anti-Venom was his time to shine as an anti-hero. He'd gotten all the benefits of the symbiotes, got some new powers to boot and didn't have to worry about some alien taking over his mind. Then that got rid of that and Eddie became a human symbiote hunter. Fine. I could handle that. But then you kill Pat Mulligen and utterly destroy his dynamic with the Toxin symbiote, just to throw him back into an abusive relationship with our favorite alien-ooze creatures. Unacceptable.

Shoot, the only good thing with the symbiotes at the moment is Flash Thompson as Venom. Geez, why can't they give Eddie a nice gig in the super/anti-hero community and leave the guy's status quo alone for awhile? It's not hard.

More or less my thoughts.

Current Toxin sucks, It could be anyone in there and it wouldnt make a difference, so why pin down Eddie to that lame ass pasta monster.

Degalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Degalon

@Kid_Omega_Prime:

To their credit though, he's not really Toxin, just Red Venom.

I loved Toxin, but now they watered him down to just that. "Red Venom".

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.