Follow

Eddie Brock

Character » Eddie Brock appears in 1060 issues.

Eddie Brock bonded with the dark alien symbiote after it was discarded by Spider-Man, becoming the first Venom. Later, Brock became Anti-Venom, but the symbiote was lost during the events of Spider-Island. Brock has also been forcibly bonded to the Toxin Symbiote by the Crime-Master, but has reluctantly given it up to stop Carnage. Recently he has re-bonded with Venom.

Want to read Venom comics.

DarkCharizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DarkCharizard

Hey I'm a huge fan of Eddie Brock or Venom... I want to read all of Venom's comics from the "Secret Wars" to "New Ways To Live". Can somebody tell me how to go about it??

zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By zombietag

if you go to venoms character page itll show you every issue hes every been in (at least according to the wiki.) that will help you read EVERY one of his comics. but this could be a daunting task considering its 807 (as of right this moment.) plus a lot of those issues only have an appearance by him, and not necessarily a story about him.

if i was you, i would buy some trades and go from there, including birth of venom, venom vs carnage, and all that. im not saying its all great stories, although i personally love birth of venom. but itll give you a good taste for his comics.

heres a link to some books on amazon

if you want to read everything, just go for it. but if you only want to read good stories, you might want to check out some reviews and such, although sometimes great books get bad reviews
    ngroove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ngroove

The GOOD Venom stories, in my opinion, as a 15+ year reader of Spider-Man's adventures:  ( First four stories, unless ya got a fat wallet, reprints are the go, the rest, single issues are affordable enough).

- Amazing Spider-Man #298-300 ( reprinted in Spider-Man vs. Venom, Spider-Man Visionaries: Todd McFarlane vol. 1, Spider-Man: Birth of Venom, Amazing Spide-Man Family #1)

- Amazing Spider-Man #315-317 ( reprinted in Spider-Man vs. Venom,  Spider-Man Visionaries: Todd McFarlane vol. 3, Spider-Man: Birth of Venom)

- Amazing Spider-Man #330-333 ( reprinted in Spider-Man: Venom Returns)

- Amazing Spider-Man # 344-347 ( reprinted in Spider-Man: Venom Returns)

- Amazing Spider-Man # 361-363 ( reprinted in Spider-Man: Carnage)

- Amazing Spider-Man #373-375 ( HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, in my opinion)

- Venom: Lethal Protector #1-6 ( reprinted in Venom: Lethal Protector)

- Amazing Spider-Man #378-380, Web of Spider-Man #101-103, Spider-Man #35-37, Spectacular Spider-Man #201-203, Spider-Man Unlimited #1-2 ( reprinted in Spider-Man: Maximum Carnage)

( To tell the truth, I don't really know much about the Venom miniseries, except parts of Venom: Funeral Pyre #1-3, Venom: the Madness #1-3, Venom: Separation Anxiety #1-4, Venom: Sinner Takes All #1-5, Venom: Along Came a Spider #1-4, Venom: the Hunted, #1-3, Venom: Tooth & Claw #1-3, and Venom: on Trial #1-3.  The rest, doesn't really look that impressive, YES, including Carnage Unleashed!)

- Web of Spider-Man #118-119, Spider-Man #52-53 ( Reprinted in Spider-Man: the Complete Clone Saga Epic vol.1)

- (maybe), Spider-Man: The Arachnis Project #1-6

- Spider-Man: the Venom Agenda

- Amazing Spider-Man (vol.2) #19

- Spider-Man Family (vol.2) #2

.....that is about it for me.  Truly myself, truly couldn't care any less about Johnny Romita Jrs' "scrawny" Venom in my opinion, along with the revelations that he had cancer, that other VENOM series, the ugly VENOM VS CARNAGE, Anti-Venom, or any Venoms, other than Eddie Brock, and the occasional Ann Weying ( as seen in VENOM: Sinner Takes All and Along Came a Spider).  Soooo, the rest, up to you...

TheVenomSite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By TheVenomSite
    @DarkCharizard said:
    " Hey I'm a huge fan of Eddie Brock or Venom... I want to read all of Venom's comics from the "Secret Wars" to "New Ways To Live". Can somebody tell me how to go about it?? "
    I would read the ASM issues that ngroove suggested and then all of Venom's limited series to get a good history of the character.  Jumping on Flash's version of Venom is easy since the issues were just released - ASM 654, 654.1 and Venom #1.
    You can also check out www.thevenomsite.com to get a checklist of EVERY Venom issue.
    xlizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xlizen

I would like to suggest Spider-Man: Birth of Venom since it's a fairly cheap trade and goes in depth how the symbiote when to Eddie. I never read the Dark Origins trade, but I did read Lethal Protector which offers Venom as an anti-hero I believe. There are also a few trades from his 2000-something run which are kind of interesting. If you want to see current Venom, pick up the comics; however, if you care more about Eddie Brock, then I would suggest picking up the trades Spider-Man: New Ways to Die and Anti-Venom: New Ways to Live (it's a fun read). Hope that helps!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.