Hey I'm a huge fan of Eddie Brock or Venom... I want to read all of Venom's comics from the "Secret Wars" to "New Ways To Live". Can somebody tell me how to go about it??
Want to read Venom comics.
if you go to venoms character page itll show you every issue hes every been in (at least according to the wiki.) that will help you read EVERY one of his comics. but this could be a daunting task considering its 807 (as of right this moment.) plus a lot of those issues only have an appearance by him, and not necessarily a story about him.
The GOOD Venom stories, in my opinion, as a 15+ year reader of Spider-Man's adventures: ( First four stories, unless ya got a fat wallet, reprints are the go, the rest, single issues are affordable enough).
- Amazing Spider-Man #298-300 ( reprinted in Spider-Man vs. Venom, Spider-Man Visionaries: Todd McFarlane vol. 1, Spider-Man: Birth of Venom, Amazing Spide-Man Family #1)
- Amazing Spider-Man #315-317 ( reprinted in Spider-Man vs. Venom, Spider-Man Visionaries: Todd McFarlane vol. 3, Spider-Man: Birth of Venom)
- Amazing Spider-Man #330-333 ( reprinted in Spider-Man: Venom Returns)
- Amazing Spider-Man # 344-347 ( reprinted in Spider-Man: Venom Returns)
- Amazing Spider-Man # 361-363 ( reprinted in Spider-Man: Carnage)
- Amazing Spider-Man #373-375 ( HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, in my opinion)
- Venom: Lethal Protector #1-6 ( reprinted in Venom: Lethal Protector)
- Amazing Spider-Man #378-380, Web of Spider-Man #101-103, Spider-Man #35-37, Spectacular Spider-Man #201-203, Spider-Man Unlimited #1-2 ( reprinted in Spider-Man: Maximum Carnage)
( To tell the truth, I don't really know much about the Venom miniseries, except parts of Venom: Funeral Pyre #1-3, Venom: the Madness #1-3, Venom: Separation Anxiety #1-4, Venom: Sinner Takes All #1-5, Venom: Along Came a Spider #1-4, Venom: the Hunted, #1-3, Venom: Tooth & Claw #1-3, and Venom: on Trial #1-3. The rest, doesn't really look that impressive, YES, including Carnage Unleashed!)
- Web of Spider-Man #118-119, Spider-Man #52-53 ( Reprinted in Spider-Man: the Complete Clone Saga Epic vol.1)
- (maybe), Spider-Man: The Arachnis Project #1-6
- Spider-Man: the Venom Agenda
- Amazing Spider-Man (vol.2) #19
- Spider-Man Family (vol.2) #2
.....that is about it for me. Truly myself, truly couldn't care any less about Johnny Romita Jrs' "scrawny" Venom in my opinion, along with the revelations that he had cancer, that other VENOM series, the ugly VENOM VS CARNAGE, Anti-Venom, or any Venoms, other than Eddie Brock, and the occasional Ann Weying ( as seen in VENOM: Sinner Takes All and Along Came a Spider). Soooo, the rest, up to you...
" Hey I'm a huge fan of Eddie Brock or Venom... I want to read all of Venom's comics from the "Secret Wars" to "New Ways To Live". Can somebody tell me how to go about it?? "I would read the ASM issues that ngroove suggested and then all of Venom's limited series to get a good history of the character. Jumping on Flash's version of Venom is easy since the issues were just released - ASM 654, 654.1 and Venom #1.
I would like to suggest Spider-Man: Birth of Venom since it's a fairly cheap trade and goes in depth how the symbiote when to Eddie. I never read the Dark Origins trade, but I did read Lethal Protector which offers Venom as an anti-hero I believe. There are also a few trades from his 2000-something run which are kind of interesting. If you want to see current Venom, pick up the comics; however, if you care more about Eddie Brock, then I would suggest picking up the trades Spider-Man: New Ways to Die and Anti-Venom: New Ways to Live (it's a fun read). Hope that helps!
This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.
Comment and Save
Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.