Follow

Eddie Brock

Character » Eddie Brock appears in 1060 issues.

Eddie Brock bonded with the dark alien symbiote after it was discarded by Spider-Man, becoming the first Venom. Later, Brock became Anti-Venom, but the symbiote was lost during the events of Spider-Island. Brock has also been forcibly bonded to the Toxin Symbiote by the Crime-Master, but has reluctantly given it up to stop Carnage. Recently he has re-bonded with Venom.

Strongest Symbiote?

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 28

#1  Edited By DATNIGGA

Ive seen a couple of symbiote battle threads on the vine alot of people say Anti venom > All other symbiotes due to hes abilty to ''cure'' or kill symbiotes I thought that too at first but...

No Caption Provided

I see him getting beaten by his old symbiote... so what would carnage & toxin do to him? lol

idk do you think anti venom is the strongest?

Avatar image for americansymbiote
    AmericanSymbiote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By AmericanSymbiote

Well, the Anti-Venom symbiote was just weak from curing all the infected people of NY, but besides that Eddie was still throwing Flash around like a ragdoll before this happened. So one could say this fight was a "little" unbalanced, but at full strength Anti-Venom would possibly be able to defeat any other symbiote.
    SurelockeHomes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SurelockeHomes
    @AmericanSymbiote said:
    Well, the Anti-Venom symbiote was just weak from curing all the infected people of NY, but besides that Eddie was still throwing Flash around like a ragdoll before this happened. So one could say this fight was a "little" unbalanced, but at full strength Anti-Venom would possibly be able to any other symbiote.

I was going to say something, but I think he pretty much covered it.
    slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By slimj87d

@DATNIGGA said:

Ive seen a couple of symbiote battle threads on the vine alot of people say Anti venom > All other symbiotes due to hes abilty to ''cure'' or kill symbiotes I thought that too at first but...

No Caption Provided

I see him getting beaten by his old symbiote... so what would carnage & toxin do to him? lol

idk do you think anti venom is the strongest?

Another example of someone taking a scan and NOT READING what happen before or after.

Anti-Venom theoretically triumphs over any other symbiote that has ever existed.

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#5  Edited By DATNIGGA

@SlimJ87D: toxin with his raw power could beat him tho

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By InnerVenom123

@DATNIGGA said:

@SlimJ87D: toxin with his raw power could beat him tho

So, just ignoring the healing touch? And how Eddie is far more skilled than Toxin?

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By slimj87d

@DATNIGGA: Toxin is in a range of 1.5 to 4 times stronger than Anti-Venom. It is debatable when speculating Anti-Venom's strength class.

But even assuming he is weaker than toxin physically, his skill, experience and healing touch (which is a symbiotes Kryptonite) would give him a much greater edge allowing him to win 10 out of 10 times.

Degalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Degalon

@DATNIGGA:

@SlimJ87D:

Well, for starters, it's pretty much been stated that Venom is actually the WEAKEST of the existing Symbiotes. Hybrid, Carnage and Toxin are all much stronger. And from I can tell, the Anti-Venom suit is a counterpart to Venom, so it shouldn't actually be any stronger. It just has that "healing" edge to it. Which doesn't really make Antivenom any stronger, it just means he has that ONE ability that nullifies the other symbiotes, more or less. Having a trump card doesn't make you stronger, it just means you have a trump card.

The strongest Symbiote out there right now, I'm pretty sure is Toxin. Also of note, Toxin doesn't have the usual Sonic and Fire weaknesses of a symbiote, so one could speculate that Eddie's "healing touch" may not have the desire effect on Toxin.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By slimj87d

@Degalon: As I have said in my post, a lot of Anti-Venom's strength can be lead to speculation. There is nothing solid or concrete that shows us his upper limit. Do you have any proof that shows he is a derivative or the same strength level as original Venom? Or are you just speculating this?

Second, I don't think anyone has said that Anti-Venom is the strongest physically here. I'm sure we all understood that Anti-Venom is the strongest all around to win in a fight. By reading the OP, you can clearly see that the topic creator is interested in the healing touch and how it will affect Carnage and Toxin and therefore by asking who is the strongest he means who would win in a fight.

Toxin is the strongest physically. Agreed.

Toxin will not be affected by the healing touch. Disagree. Anti-Venom's healing touch has been shown to cure cancer, addiction, individual's powers, separate a symbiote form its host, cure mutations and much more. Why would he not be able to perform the healing touch on Toxin? There's more concrete evidence that suggest his healing touch would work on Toxin than his healing touch would not.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Hazlenaut

Symbiotes usually control their host however the one we know well does not he works with his host. Eddy was Venom for a long time so they bonded and possible the anti-venom suit is their child. Unlike the red one white is less hostile. We need give these symbiotes names individually.

Degalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Degalon

@SlimJ87D: Well, for starters, in Toxin's case...there's nothing to heal. Pat and the symbiote are still two seperate beings, unlike previous symbiote's and their hosts. Whereas previous symbiotes like Venom, Carnage and Hyrbrid actually merged with their hosts (Albeit with Venom only being partially, despite having the strongest bond), Toxin seems to just function as an actual suit, a second entity.

Like I said, it's not that I don't think that Antivenom's touch wouldn't affect Toxin, it's that I don't think it would have the INTENDED effect, at least not in full force.

ALSO, there's nothing to say that Eddie's touch would even affect other symbiotes. As far as I know, Eddie never came into contact with other symbiotes besides the original Venom one. And his entire White Blood suit is derived from the Venom suit itself merging with his white blood cells. So it would make sense that he could fight Venom, the original infection that his white blood cells were fighting. It's what it is based on. But others like Toxin? Not only is 2 generations of symbiote later, having evolved to gain immunities that previous symbiote's weaknesses, but like I said, the Toxin symbiote is a special case. There's not really anything to "heal".

The more I think about it, the more I think a confrontation between Antivenom and Toxin (their names alone lol) would be an interesting event. The most powerful symbiote out there with virtually no weaknesses, vs the Anti-Venom. I'm just not entirely convinced that Eddie's "healing touch" would really have the desired, if any effect on Toxin, considering the circumstances. (Much like how Fire and Sonics had virtually no effect on Antivenom, despite all evidence saying it should).

As for Anti-venom being derivative of Venom, it's in his origin. The whole way Anti-Venom was created was by the remnants of the Venom symbiote in Eddie merging with his white blood cells thanks to Mr Negative supercharging them to cure his cancer. He has always been portrayed as a "healing" counterpart of the Venom symbiote, and they are pretty much on par in terms of power, as shown by the fight between Eddie and Mac.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By slimj87d

@Degalon: I don't think your theory about the host bonding holds up. Remember that Toxin has taken control of his host a few times and almost or did cause murder. The only difference I see is that the Toxin symbiote is actually nice.

Venom's healing touch has done everything he wanted it to do. like I said, it has gone far beyond just separating a symbiote from its host. From curing cancer, something the power of cosmics couldn't even do to save Captain Marvel, to clearing mutations from dozens of people. I don't see how it's hard to believe he can't affect Carnage, Toxin and more. Like I said, there's more evidence that points to it working on them then it does not.

I understand your point about how the suit was derived from Venom and Mr. Negative touched Eddie, caused the symbiote pieces left in his blood stream to merge with his white blood cells and create the anti-body symbiote we see. I only read your first sentence and I was able to type all of that. But Gargan was a 15 tonner in addition to having the symbiote he is most likely stronger. If Gargan was only a 15 tonner he wouldn't have lasted anymore then 2 seconds against colossus, and even though he lost that fight he lasted far longer than a 15 tonner would have. Anti-Venom going toe to toe with Gargan Venom suggest that he's above his 15 to 25 ton past in my opinion.

aldoquintana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By aldoquintana

This is my choice for strongest symbiote

scorn

No Caption Provided
    Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say toxin then venom and carnage

Toxin took out venom and carnage pretty much at once

Darrow222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Darrow222

Toxin is the spawn of carnage and is the most resistant

Antivenom is not resistant to any other elements other than sonics

Agant venom aquire the hell mark and

then accidentally gave it to mania

Making her resistant to fire and sonics but is not as strong

Scorn, scream, riot, and the other were all killed by scream

Every symbiote generation gets stronger and more resistant there for it would be toxin due to the faCT that he is the 3rd generation

The symbiotes he cured weren't toxin toxin over a generation would become immune to antivenoms healing touch the rest were birthed from venom himself hybrid was the 2 gen due to the faCT that sheild separated the strad into 4 different symbiotes

This means that toxin is the strongest plus he is the only symbiote that is able to go without a host

The ones he cured in the symites outbreak were all strains made by doctor doom it was a virus therefore wasn't cured it was destroyed

Those were knownas the symboitems virus and was the weakest of the strains

Anti venom is immune to sonics but that's all he has against the others while to in added over generations

The spawn of Antivenom would be able to kill toxin but until that happens toxin is the strongest

So here's the gist

1. Toxin

2. Antivenom

3. mania

4. Carnage

5. Venom/she-venom if its bonded to a girl

6. Scream

7. Riot

8. Scorn

9.the other

And ten the symbiote virus

Venom over Time got more skilled and learned from his failures

So however not as strong agent venom is moreskilled due to him being the original it depends on who it's bonded with.

Agent venom had the venom symbiote longer than brick but neglected it that is why venom eventally became moreof an antime vilian because all symbiotes are animal like that is why they can't control their urges and with each generation they grow more how may I say this, not as feral

Venom also still cares for his original owner which is eddiethat I'd why he spared him

Which also means they are adapting becoming more human like with each generation

Symbiotes get stronger with each generation

Since we are talking about symbiotes I was thinking of one called anarchy which is the spawn of toxin and mania

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure that Toxin is the strongest one, but it's sad how everyone forgets about Hybrid.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.