Follow

Eddie Brock

Character » Eddie Brock appears in 1060 issues.

Eddie Brock bonded with the dark alien symbiote after it was discarded by Spider-Man, becoming the first Venom. Later, Brock became Anti-Venom, but the symbiote was lost during the events of Spider-Island. Brock has also been forcibly bonded to the Toxin Symbiote by the Crime-Master, but has reluctantly given it up to stop Carnage. Recently he has re-bonded with Venom.

Should Eddie BRock stay as Anti Venom

HumanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By HumanX

As anyone can see from my home page I am an Eddie Brock fan. I've alway thought he was the coolest character ever since I watched him beat Spiderman around on the TV show when I was a kid. When I heard he had dawned a reversed colour alien costume and started fighting crime I couldn't believe it. I went out and bought the Anti-venom comics as soon as I could. Now, here is my issue. What's keeping the writers at Marvel from raining on my little parade and making Brock go back to the black suit? Eddie kicks but as Venom but as Anti-venom he's even cooler so I hate the thought of him getting back with his old suit. But comics are comics and eventually everything goes back to normal. I'm just wishing that this will end up like Gwen Stacy's death and for the writers to leave Eddie alone with his better life (or come out with a new Anti Venom series...please). What do you think? Should he stay in the new suit or go back to his spider crushing ways?

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By InnerVenom123

He has no reason to go back to hating Spider-man. He forgave him, his cancer is gone; pardon the expression, but it's a brand new day for him. (I know, that was painful, wasn't it?).

In all seriousness, the last perfect opportunity to make Venom's host Eddie was here.

No Caption Provided

The symbiote could have sweet talked Eddie into hating Spider-man, it could have - this is a stretch - even convinced him that the cancer was Spider-man's fault (with some faulty logic that being bonded to radioactive blood and then moving into a  regular human carried traces of radiation). Or, hell, if Marvel wanted to comprimise, they could have literally split the symbiote into two halves, one for Eddie and one for Mac. 

But this didn't happen, and Eddie is Anti-Venom now. Personally I think he should stay that way. It gives him lots of potential and it makes him his own character a little more.
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

No, Eddie has moved on, so should we all

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By PrinceIMC

Besides we're getting a whole new all different Venom.
    Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Backflip

Yes. Anti-Venom is pretty damn cool, and Venom isn't Brock's gig anymore.

EganTheVile1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 52

#6  Edited By EganTheVile1

If you read the TPB Spider-Man: Carnage's introduction you would know that the original intent was to only have Brock be a short lived character, die, and then have the symbiote have a series of short lived bonds with a variety of Spidey villains, it may not have worked out that way originally as Brock himself got popular, but maybe now is the time to explore that, Eddie himself has no love for the symbiote anymore, and he is more of a hero as Anti-Venom then he ever was under it's influence, I say have the symbiote do what it was originally intended to do by Michilinnie and McFarlane and join temporarily with some of Spidey's other big-bads, they kinda explored this successfully with Mac, hell old dudes like Doc Ock and Vulture could use a shot in the arm and something to make them a major league menace not just mentally but physically for a while.

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Caligula
    @Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
    " No, Eddie has moved on, so should we all "
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " He has no reason to go back to hating Spider-man. He forgave him, his cancer is gone; pardon the expression, but it's a brand new day for him. (I know, that was painful, wasn't it?).

In all seriousness, the last perfect opportunity to make Venom's host Eddie was here.

No Caption Provided

The symbiote could have sweet talked Eddie into hating Spider-man, it could have - this is a stretch - even convinced him that the cancer was Spider-man's fault (with some faulty logic that being bonded to radioactive blood and then moving into a  regular human carried traces of radiation). Or, hell, if Marvel wanted to comprimise, they could have literally split the symbiote into two halves, one for Eddie and one for Mac.   But this didn't happen, and Eddie is Anti-Venom now. Personally I think he should stay that way. It gives him lots of potential and it makes him his own character a little more. "
    I agree. with both of you.
    oddd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By oddd123

nice to see some love for anti venom definately think eddies fine as he is, liking the whole self redemption and trying to keep himself in the mindset of a hero and resist the urge to become the monster he was
    GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By GREGalicious

Im hoping he stays ANTI-VENOM as well. Much cooler!

AllNewOverseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By AllNewOverseer

I like Eddie as Anti-Venom. While I would prefer Gargan as the Scorpion, I accept him as Venom mostly for Eddie's character devoplment and increase in potential.
    Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Andferne
    <---does not like Anti-Venom
    Eddie should just go back to being normal. Instead of having this gimmick.
    ChrisAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ChrisAngel

As much as Im not sire about the whole Anti-Venom thing (as Im behind in my book buying and need to catch up) I do think that it would be very hard to go back, even if the symbiote offered itself. Given what's in Eddie now, wouldn't it effectively kill theVenom symbiote? And would Eddie really want it back now....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.