Eddie Brock will become Toxin

#1 Posted by SlimJ87D (9324 posts) - - Show Bio

You heard it. Or Toxin will have a child and Eddie will take that symbiote... you know how often Symbiotes bare offsprings... Carnage has already like 10 children.

VENOM #17 & 18

RICK REMENDER & CULLEN BUNN (w) • Issue #17 Kev Walker (a)

Issue #18 Lan Medina (a)

CoverS by Mike DelMundo

• Venom faces a gauntlet of doom as the Crime-Master unites Jack O’Lantern, The Human Fly, Toxin and more to destroy Flash Thompson!

• The Crime-Master’s plan is so diabolical, so vile, that it forces Eddie Brock to become a symbiote’s host once more – and takes the war to Flash Thompson’s Family, Betty Brant and even Peter Parker!

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99 (EACH)

#2 Posted by kingjoeg (693 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's a picture of the symbiote that it looks like Eddie will take. I think it looks more like hybrid.

#3 Posted by SlimJ87D (9324 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjoeg: That does look like Hybrid. Where did you find that? I'm really curious as to what symbiote he will take. I just hate that he will turn into a villain again... I really started to like him as anti-Venom.

#4 Posted by kingjoeg (693 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D: I got it off the venomsite. I don't think Eddie will become a villain though. I think he will use a symbiote to help venom fight the savage six.

#5 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7543 posts) - - Show Bio

He just needs to become Venom again. To hell with this beating around the bush crap.

#6 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

He just needs to become Venom again. To hell with this beating around the bush crap.

this

#7 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32675 posts) - - Show Bio
@BiteMe-Fanboy said:
argh no, then I'll have to drop this book
#8 Posted by kingjoeg (693 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

We have seen loads of Eddie as Venom in the past. It's Flash's turn now, his series is really good. Eddie doesn't have to be wearing the venom suit to be an interesting character.

#9 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7543 posts) - - Show Bio
@kingjoeg said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

We have seen loads of Eddie as Venom in the past. It's Flash's turn now, his series is really good. Eddie doesn't have to be wearing the venom suit to be an interesting character.

Just to me, Eddie is Venom. And I am just getting tired of all these diff symbiotes that he keeps getting, when really he should just have Venom.
That, or just do something else with him. All these different symbiotes he keeps getting is starting to get old. It's like the only thing Marvel can do with Eddie is throw a random symbiote on him.
#10 Edited by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't they say he was going to be the Van Helsing of symbiotes?

#11 Posted by WildValentine (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

Will he be rocking a stylish hat like a boss?

#12 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@WildValentine said:

@BlackArmor said:

Will he be rocking a stylish hat like a boss?

Nope just a stylish machine gun

#13 Posted by greenlucario (210 posts) - - Show Bio

If he becomes Toxin, then I will lose all faith in Remender as a writer. Eddie's great, as Venom or Anti-Venom, he's just not Toxin. They just don't know what to do with Eddie now that he's not Anti-Venom.

#14 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

@greenlucario: idk, eddie is just a crazy guy who goes crazier with a symbiote, give it a chance

#15 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash > Eddie

#16 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@greenlucario said:

If he becomes Toxin, then I will lose all faith in Remender as a writer. Eddie's great, as Venom or Anti-Venom, he's just not Toxin. They just don't know what to do with Eddie now that he's not Anti-Venom.

He should never have stopped being Anti-Venom, sadly. That's why this weird indecision has arisen.
#17 Edited by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't understand why did they have to get rid of the Anti-Venom symbiote, they could have left just a little so it could regenerate later. I suppose they had other plans for Eddie but it doesn't seem logical, they said that he would become some sort of symbiote hunter and now he will have another symbiote?

I think that it's just because Eddie's only purpose was to purge the world of symbiotes but seeing the success of the new Venom and Carnage, Marvel couldn't permit it so they had to make his character relevant again.

#18 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

Flash > Eddie

Agreed. Although, I do love Eddie.

#19 Posted by Xerdek (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Since Eddie had been Toxin, I just don't like it. Have you ever had that feeling were two things just don't match? Well, I'm having it right now. I think that Anti-Venom is still there somewhere, maybe melded with his genetics or remnants that lie inside him. As for Toxin, he deserves justice. Pat is gone now, Toxin should bond with a cool character that it makes sense with. Eddie is not "Toxin material"; he is Anti-Venom always. Personally, I think the Venom Symbiote make the host by the way, but the host also needs relevance. Flash is "Venom material".

#20 Posted by PenanceVenom (3 posts) - - Show Bio

and what hapened with anti venom

#21 Posted by Zrayz10 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

@PenanceVenom: Anti-vemon was destroyed. Eddie willingly sacrificed it to create a cure for everyone afflicted with the disease that gave people copies of Spiderman's powers in the Spider Island story arc.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.