Follow

Eddie Brock

Character » Eddie Brock appears in 1060 issues.

Eddie Brock bonded with the dark alien symbiote after it was discarded by Spider-Man, becoming the first Venom. Later, Brock became Anti-Venom, but the symbiote was lost during the events of Spider-Island. Brock has also been forcibly bonded to the Toxin Symbiote by the Crime-Master, but has reluctantly given it up to stop Carnage. Recently he has re-bonded with Venom.

Atrocity vs Monster-Ock [Edge of Time Spoilers]

TheVenomSite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Edited By TheVenomSite

The Spider-Man: Edge of Time video game was released this week. Much like the classic PS1 Spider-Man game, the final boss is a Doctor Octopus/Symbiote hybrid. In Edge of Time its Atrocity or Anti-Venom/Doc Ock and in Spider-Man its Monster-Ock or Carnage/Doc Ock:

Atrocity in Edge of Time
    Atrocity in Edge of Time
    Monster-Ock in Spider-Man
    Monster-Ock in Spider-Man

Are game developers seriously running out of ideas? Am I the only one who hates the way symbiotes are handled in video games - Venom in Ultimate Alliance 2, Carnage in Shattered Dimension, and now Anti-Venom in Edge of Time?

Symbiote Video Games can be found on www.thevenomsite.com.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
    venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

This is why I didn't buy Edge of time.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2  Edited By InnerVenom123

@TheVenomSite said:

Are game developers seriously running out of ideas? Am I the only one who hates the way symbiotes are handled in video games - Venom in Ultimate Alliance 2, Carnage in Shattered Dimension, and now Anti-Venom in Edge of Time?

Venom in MUA2 was in character as Gargan.... in that he was annoying and stupid.

Carnage in Shattered Dimensions was a great use of the Ultimate Version of the character.

Anti-Venom in Edge Of Time merging with Doc Ock, on the other hand, sounds really, really stupid.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By InnerVenom123

Also, this should really be in the Symbiote forum, not the Eddie Brock forum.

EganTheVile1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 52

#4  Edited By EganTheVile1

The game developers were aware Anti-Venom was a hero when they came up with this right? Monster Ock was clever and unexpected, this is unexpected but not clever

VENOMCATEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By VENOMCATEXE

Aside from whatthatlookslike, and it being an easy swap of the original PS1/N64 boss (I'm sure they considered, but also that the boss was something they came up with and was pretty popular, so why not recycle, as well new audiences wouldn't be clued in nor nostalgic), mostly just the concept of using that as an end boss seems wonky and out in left field, sort of like when someone writes a story but can't come up with a properly structured ending, so they just give up and throw something completely random in there (twist ending with a side of WTF?). They should of kept it linear and had the boss be something that Spider-man might face in the end of an arc (hears you say giant mutated Spider Queen, ignores you and keeps typing), like how in that old Sega game they had him face off against the Kingpin. The boss was still challenging enough, but playing things smoothly and not popping the kettle kept it streamlined and elegant.

Oh, and thank you so much Activision. I'm sick as hell, I really needed someone to give me a reason to throw up. Expect a Christmas card this year...

VenomousDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By VenomousDragon

@venomoushatred1001 said:

This is why I didn't buy Edge of time.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.