why do people hate ed benes???

#1 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

i love his artwork

#2 Edited by SmashBrawler (5409 posts) - - Show Bio

Fanservicy artwork. I personally never disliked his stuff but never thought it was brilliant either.

#3 Posted by Tacos_Kickass (844 posts) - - Show Bio

I looked up some of his stuff and he doesn't seem too bad, some of the faces look a little strange but its still not bad, at least not bad enough to hate him.

#4 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@smashbrawler:

I don't think its the best ive ever seen. but I do like it. especially his superman. I like him better than ed mcguiness

#5 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12395 posts) - - Show Bio

i love it. the fanservice doesn't bug me.

#6 Posted by Dernman (14604 posts) - - Show Bio

Never heard of him but then I don't follow names. Seeing the pictures posted well it's not visually appealing to me.

#7 Posted by Mercy_ (92254 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't hate Ed Benes (or his work, and there's an important distinction to be made there). I take him for what he is. I know that if a book has his name on it, I'm gonna be seeing a whole lotta cheesecake. At least his work has artistic integrity :)

#8 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: Yea he draws a cool superman

#9 Posted by dondave (33292 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_ said:

I don't hate Ed Benes (or his work, and there's an important distinction to be made there). I take him for what he is. I know that if a book has his name on it, I'm gonna be seeing a whole lotta cheesecake. At least his work has artistic integrity :)

What does Cheesecake mean?

#10 Posted by Pokeysteve (7897 posts) - - Show Bio

Benes is awesome. If I had one bad thing to say about him it's that the women he draws, a lot of their faces look the same. Minus hair, eye color and so on.

If I see a book has his name on it I'm more likely to pick it up.

#11 Posted by hyperman (249 posts) - - Show Bio

I love his style, i wish he draws more hunky male héroes.

#12 Edited by DianaXKal (81 posts) - - Show Bio

He draws Diana as the beautiful woman she is. <3 So, I love his art! :D

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.