Earth 2 #0 Cover - Anyone notice the guy with the gun?

#1 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure who he is. Anyway looks like the Trinity will be making an appearance. Hopefully they won't die this time. ;) Go James Robinson, Go!

#2 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah that did strike me as weird. He doesn't look like any character I know of so he's probably knew

#3 Posted by Mercy_ (92708 posts) - - Show Bio

I was so excited when I thought the Trinity was going to be Dick, Donna and Conner.

#4 Posted by War Killer (20223 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mercy_ said:

I was so excited when I thought the Trinity was going to be Dick, Donna and Conner.

Same. 

When I found out it was just the same old Trinity, I was disappointed as having Dick, Donna, and Conner take up the mantles would have been a lot more interesting.
#5 Posted by HaydrianPayne (50 posts) - - Show Bio

There's a guy with a gun on the cover, I don't see him?

@War Killer said:

@Mercy_ said:

Same.

Same here. I like what Robinson is doing with the Trinity, but the prospect of a new team, new interactions and things of the like interested me more than reading this which has been done over and over again. Not that Robinson doesn't bring anything new to the team, he does and I think that he'll be able to do something interesting with it, but there are definitely opportunities that are being missed here. Though I would've liked Superman to be Kal, just older, though not physically apparent.

Also, the sarcasm aside, I always have thought that mainstream comics need more people using guns. Its not just superficial either, I think that there's too much of the holding back theme going around these characters. I like that Hawkgirl's going to be using one too.

Also, Crimson Avenger anyone?

#6 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mercy_ said:

Me too :(
#7 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

@HaydrianPayne said:

Possibly. It's better guess than mine. I was thinking of Sandman. Couldn't think of many members that used guns.

#8 Posted by HaydrianPayne (50 posts) - - Show Bio

@knighthood said:

@HaydrianPayne said:

Possibly. It's better guess than mine. I was thinking of Sandman. Couldn't think of many members that used guns.

Man. You know, I'd absolutely love for Sandman to be there, but I don't think that its going to be him unfortunately. Its just too different from what he's normally shown wearing and even though this is a reboot so costumes are bound to be different, I think that its going to be too far-fetched. Which sucks. I dig the idea of Sandman being on the team, perhaps even reboot it as having a bigger connection to Morpheus (aka Dream of the Endless). It also kind of reminds me of Vigilante, but him and the Crimson Avenger could easily be merged into a single character. Another name that could be thrown out there is Manhunter. I wouldn't be impressed if they made him look like that, but that's even less likely.

#9 Posted by DJ1107 (244 posts) - - Show Bio

It's possibly Crimson Avenger.

#10 Posted by brounsmusic (2 posts) - - Show Bio

It's Mr. Terrific! sorry if I spoiled that for you guys.

#11 Edited by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@brounsmusic said:

It's Mr. Terrific! sorry if I spoiled that for you guys.

Link?

#13 Posted by brounsmusic (2 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id;=13463 Here's the link to prove it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.